oneBoro Forum

Gestede possibly out for season (rumour)

Just had a look at the thread. A few different people are saying James Cook, which seems to corroborate the theory.

Still doesn't really stack up logically, especially the story about it being caused by an impact, I just can't for the life of me think what could rule him out for 9 months from an impact to a muscle :s

If it was a tackle from George at full tilt that'd be an impact to keep him out for 9 months. Probably would have ripped his leg clean off.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

After a quick google search it's more than possible for a professional athlete to be out for 'months' from severe bruising. Also it doesn't say that he went to James Cook straight away so he could quite easily of gone elsewhere first and referred to JC. I'm not saying it's true or anything but it's not as unbelievable as some are making out and to be honest it's quite a far fetched rumour to make up

Not sure anyone made it sound unbelievable, just questioning some aspects of the story. Info from FMTTM is mixed reliability at best and without reading the post myself or knowing the poster I have no other way to determine likelihood other than just looking at some of the facts logically.

If it was something that came on hours/days after the impact, maybe it was more of an A&E type of event. If so the public hospital would probably be better equipped to deal with it than a private?

Just thinking out loud. (The whole story could still be balls)!

Oh dear, many doubted the validity of the Braithwaite story to begin with, I guess we should accept the worst straightaway and hope it pans out better than we first thought.

Hopefully the club will be upfront with this news and if it is true then one of the options for GM goes into the wastebin

Did the club even ever confirm braithwaites injury? Not sure why you think they'd be upfront this time haha.

I don't think the club will ever announce anything slightly negative again. Whenever Monk goes we will probably just get told when a new manager is appointed.

I kind of understand - why let other teams know who is available and who not. But very unusual all the same.

Wait wouldn't the french have reported this since the internationals were just on, i realise he wouldnt get near their starting squad but wouldn't you have thought hed of trained with them during the international period?

Wait wouldn't the french have reported this since the internationals were just on, i realise he wouldnt get near their starting squad but wouldn't you have thought hed of trained with them during the international period?

Gestede plays for the Benin national team mate. They had a friendly this week, but he didn't get called up.

Gestede plays for the Benin national team mate. They had a friendly this week, but he didn't get called up.

Ah fair enough, i was convinced he was born in France so would play for them, dont know why just had it in my head for some reason.

Ah fair enough, i was convinced he was born in France so would play for them, dont know why just had it in my head for some reason.

No, you're right, he is French by birth, but his parents are Beninian, so he plays for them.

No, you're right, he is French by birth, but his parents are Beninian, so he plays for them.

dont even pretend to know anthing really about whos available to make the Benin national team but  he must be unavailable if he cant even make it into thier squad

Haha. Like he would have a chance of making their squad.

dont even pretend to know anthing really about whos available to make the Benin national team but  he must be unavailable if he cant even make it into thier squad

Sessegnon (ex sunderland) played for them but im not 100% sure if he has retired or not he must be getting on now.

Seen a few news articles pop up today regarding this. Sounds like the injury happened during the Preston game, 3 months out min.

With the Gazette not present at the managers weekly press conference, no one asks about injuries anymore (use to be their first question), so we don't get updates on the likes of Braithwaite..