VayJRhP.jpg

Details

Teams – Aston Villa v Middlesbrough

Location – Villa Park

Competition – The Championship

Date – Tue 12th September 2017

Kick off – 19:45

Introduction

Boro visit the most mediocre villains since the Star Wars prequels (Darth Maul excepted obvs). After winning only one of their opening 6 Championship games, some Villa fans are already calling for Steve Bruce’s bulbous head, with ‘Captain fantastic’ waiting in the wings to replace him and chest thump them all the way to promotion...

When asked about the speculation and who is in control of the dressing room, Steve Bruce said: “It’s not Terry’s, it’s mine!”

The Last Games

Boro:

Bolton 0 – 3 Boro

Smashed it!

Aston Villa:

Aston Villa 0 – 0 Brentford

The bees stung a limp Villa team in a game which ended a stalemate. Villa only had 1 shot on target in the 90 minutes compared to Brentford’s 5 and Bruce admitted it was the worst that Villa had played since he arrived at the club 9 months ago.

Availability News

Boro:

:( - Rudy Gestede is sidelined with a dead leg.

Aston Villa:

:( - Jack Grealish is out with Kidney problems

:( - Jonathan Kodjia is out with a Malleolar injury, whatever that is...

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: LWWLDW

Aston Villa: DLLWDD

The View From The Other Side

Taken from: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=64924&posts=14

- “we have some more points to surrender on Tuesday night against Middlesbrough.”

- “Another dreadful, clueless performance and a defeat. What else is there to expect?”

- “A few more injuries and Steve might actually stumble into a decent formation.”

- “3-1 to Boro......Traore will have a field day against our pensioners. No fight, no pressing,no method, no bloody hope at the moment.”

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

Aston Villa meet Boro as one of the few teams this season who won’t be able to use the excuse: “But they spent loads more money than us, it’s not fair, wah wah wah...” when we beat them.

The Villains are there for the taking at the minute, so Middlesbrough should be looking to frustrate their fans and make it two away wins in a row on Tuesday night.

The Un(ger)-official score prediction: 2-1 to Boro, Assombalonga and Bamford to score.

My preferred line up:

------------Randolph--------------

-Christie--Fry--Gibson--Fabio--

-----Leadbitter---Clayton--------

---Traore--Baker--Bamford-----

----------Assombalonga----------

Talking Points:

- What’s your favourite Aston? Villa, Martin, Marrigold or University?

- Who is your favourite Bruce? Steve, Forsyth, Willis or Almighty?

- Who do you think will get relegated along with Aston Villa and Sunderland?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the Birmingham mail that Onomah, Green and Davis are also injured for AV.

Adama has to be right up for this game vs Villa, their fans are always slating him on social media.

Happy for us to go for the same line-up, but Baker must improve, I thought he was very wasteful with the ball.

Another corker, BU.

Bring Bamford in for Baker. As much as I think Baker will force his way into the team eventually, for this one I'd like to see Paddy get another go.

Adama vs Terry is going to be hilarious.

Really want us to stuff Villa, 4-0, Britt hattrick and Adama getting his first goal for us, why not.

I'll be surprised if Villa leave Terry exposed like Bolton did with their defence on Saturday. Traore was class on Saturday but the defending was absolutely shocking.