• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Steve Bruce has saw both the challenges the wrong way round. Says Traore definitely a red and Lansbury is a yellow. Think the old fella needs a pair of spectacles. Can't understand how he can describe Traore's challenge as rash without saying the same thing of Lansbury's.

Morning, what a bloody result last night. In two minds over the Traore incident but he really shouldn't have went in like that so early on the Villa player wasn't going anywhere. Then Hogan, take a bow. Like others I'm really starting to warm to this side i think Monk is finally getting his methods across to this squad. I think it's only a matter of time before we go on a winning run starting with QPR on Saturday. Randolph, Christie and Assombalonga look like really top top signings. I was buzzing when we signed Randolph and he hasn't disappointed so far.

Traore didn't go "in" on the Villa player, he tried to block the clearance with his right boot but his momentum carried him forward and his left boot ended up catching him on the shin.

The more I watch it the less it's even a yellow let alone a red, the ref should have considered the circumstances.

I think Steve Bruce has saw both the challenges the wrong way round. Says Traore definitely a red and Lansbury is a yellow. Think the old fella needs a pair of spectacles. Can't understand how he can describe Traore's challenge as rash without saying the same thing of Lansbury's.

Yeah but hes really under pressure to resign from the villa fans hes got to make up any excuse possible in order to keep some of them on board.

Morning, what a bloody result last night. In two minds over the Traore incident but he really shouldn't have went in like that so early on the Villa player wasn't going anywhere. Then Hogan, take a bow. Like others I'm really starting to warm to this side i think Monk is finally getting his methods across to this squad. I think it's only a matter of time before we go on a winning run starting with QPR on Saturday. Randolph, Christie and Assombalonga look like really top top signings. I was buzzing when we signed Randolph and he hasn't disappointed so far.

As D.z. said traore wasn't even trying to tackle he was trying to block the clearance. There's no way it was a red not in a million years

Did Monk have an opinion on it?

I've only seen a dodgy gift of it on twitter and it's impossible to tell from that one angle.

I imagine the crowd and the villa players may have had some influence, but then again there was a clip of Marvin making card gestures after the Lansbury tackle on twitter, it's part and parcel of the modern game.

Has anyone got a link to a decent angle of Traore's tackle?

Still at the end of the day, the ref gave it and we did very well to get a draw.

Brilliant result in light of the sending off. Was away last night but have just watched back the highlights on sky and that is never a sending a off. Traores lead leg is miles in front of the guy, the trailing leg catches him (It isn't high, no studs showing either, its Adama's shin pad that effectively sweeps him). Its a yellow as he was late but no more, ref bottled it big time.

Really hope we appeal and get Adama back for QPR. 

On another note Johnson looks like he'll be a really useful player this season. Should probably get a start sat.

"I thought the decision on Lansbury was a yellow card as we had three players behind the ball and in my opinion I didn't think it was a red card. I don't like seeing a player sent off but Middlesbrough's Adama Traore left the floor and it was reckless, dangerous and awful. But he deserved the red card. When it was 10 again 10 it was a better game but we created enough chances to have won."

Steve Bruce might actually be going mad.

Lansbury deliberately and dangerously took out Johnsons legs just cause he was losing him.

Adama tried to block a pass, his actual tackle was nowhere near the player and it was an accidental trailing shinpad that caught the player.

Bonkers.

"I thought the decision on Lansbury was a yellow card as we had three players behind the ball and in my opinion I didn't think it was a red card. I don't like seeing a player sent off but Middlesbrough's Adama Traore left the floor and it was reckless, dangerous and awful. But he deserved the red card. When it was 10 again 10 it was a better game but we created enough chances to have won."

Steve Bruce might actually be going mad.

Lansbury deliberately and dangerously took out Johnsons legs just cause he was losing him.

Adama tried to block a pass, his actual tackle was nowhere near the player and it was an accidental trailing shinpad that caught the player.

Bonkers.

To be honest, without any sense of bias, both incidents should probably have deserved a yellow card.