oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa (A) 0-0

imagine how monk feels when he see's the replay, honestly i'd fly into the ref's room at HT and Give him an ear full.

But yeh like others have said, you can't half tell the difference in referee standards compared to the PL, its abysmal.

The referee is card happy. Look at the stats on soccerbase under James Linnington. I do think the tackle is stupid and reckless but not a red.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else see the ref abandon responsibility at that Snodgrass FK? Our own players had to call him back over to set the wall at the spray line I mean I hate when we've sat here in previous seasons bemoaning refs but this guy looks lost completely. Between this ref and the one at Bolton who missed Baker getting a forearm as he mugged a fullback running into the box I'm scared to imagine what kind of refs League 2 get.

Well after the sending off, how much more can we ask for? Lost one of our focal points. If Baker gets sent off and not Traore you can see us still causing a threat on the counter but there's just not enough pace to get out.

Despite that, the defence has looked pretty safe and Randolph is having a good game.

I can't see us getting the 3 points tonight without a scrappy goal. I can definitely see us walking out with a point though. We've lost an attacking outlet, our defence remains intact, it's just under perhaps more pressure than expected.

Snodgrass is their most dangerous outlet, no surprises there. Finds a cross out of nowhere and give away another daft free kick like the one towards the end of the first half and you never know what will happen.

So far, so good as far as I'm concerned. We could have won it with 11 on the pitch but that's not the case any more. Villa have enough quality going forward that we can't justify sacrificing a midfielder for an extra bit of support for Britt. He's going to have to feed off scraps unfortunately.

At least we got in at 0-0. Villa have to come forward but we can't get out of our half. The ball must have been in our half for about 35 minutes. 0-0 would obviously be fine all things considering but I'd like to see us do just a little bit more with the ball when we have it. I'm not doubting they aren't trying to give it all but Downing and baker I think have been particularly poor as they aren't tackling and wasting the ball. Think we will see Paddy on for one of them shortly into the second half when they've spend what's left in their tank.

I love the live audio on the mfc site. My only gripe is that when I'm using it on my phone, if I come on to this site, the audio cuts out. (i.e both Windows won't run at once).

Use the splitscreen function on your phone

Oooh, that sounds good, but don't know how to do that! (Will investigate).

I've managed to get the audio to run in the background somehow though.

Thanks.

If it helps I've got tees is on the Radioplayer app and using the old double click on the iPhone allows you to change windows whilst keeping the audio

Just seen it, never a red in a million years, it's barely a yellow to be honest.

for anyone wanting to see it https://twitter.com/TheVillaHome/status/907678315607191552

It's silly, it's daft but that is never a red card in a million years. We'd be daft not to appeal.

I don't know. You can easily defend the red card. Blistering pace going into that sliding tackle. Trailing leg or not, it ends up being a scissor tackle. Intent or no intent, he went into that one recklessly. 

https://imgur.com/a/Y2QeW

Y2QeW

We're carrying Baker right now in my opinion would be better taking him off for Howson then Bamford for Downing. Villa's main threat here is overloading wings but they're mainly going to the right just tell Bamford to stick to El Mo off the ball and on the ball join Britt up front.

If it wasn't for Taylor, Elmohamady and Snodgrass we could possibly sacrifice the two wingers for Howson and Bamford and go for the 4-3-1-1. Even just Howson for one of the wingers and the other winger to go behind Britt. Particularly on that right hand side though I'd be worried.

I can see Villa nicking this in the 89th minute or something similar. Hope I'm wrong.

Ref and Linesman have really *** this game, though.

If we make it that long without conceding id back us to get a goal not them, their fans booed them off at half time imagine what they'll be doing at that point if its still 0-0.