oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa (A) 0-0

Why would Adama be up against Terry? He's on the wing and Terry is central. But regardless there isn't a player in this league quick enough to keep up with Adama. They will have to stick 2-3 men on him when he get's the ball and even that didn't work for Bolton. Adama will create a lot of space for the others in attack by drawing players to him and probably prevent at least Villas full back from getting forward.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Adama be up against Terry? He's on the wing and Terry is central. But regardless there isn't a player in this league quick enough to keep up with Adama. They will have to stick 2-3 men on him when he get's the ball and even that didn't work for Bolton. Adama will create a lot of space for the others in attack by drawing players to him and probably prevent at least Villas full back from getting forward.

Look at our 2nd goal on Saturday, I guess. Wheater was up against Traore. If he gets into that position again, it may be against Terry (hell, even Chester will struggle to keep up with Traore) and I can see Terry lunging in looking to cause some pain.

In fairness for both goals yesterday he beat a CB - beevers for the first one and wheater for the second.

Adama does seem to drive inside as well the down the wing but if you look at the game when he gets the ball he nearly always drags the cb wide to help the winger. Prime example being wheater coming over on Saturday in the lead up to the second goal.

Any situation where we can isolate terry against Adama will certainly be fun.

Yes I appreciate that he runs into the area a lot and draws central defenders to him, but that's a lot different from actually playing alongside the centerback. The only time he'll get near a center back is when he bursts into the area and at full speed no defender is going to catch him unless they make a perfect tackle. He usually get's the ball on the wing far away from the central defenders. Terry might be slow but he is experienced enough to know when and how to put a good tackle in when a quick player is running towards him and he is strong enough to match Adamas strength.

Yes I appreciate that he runs into the area a lot and draws central defenders to him, but that's a lot different from actually playing alongside the centerback. The only time he'll get near a center back is when he bursts into the area and at full speed no defender is going to catch him unless they make a perfect tackle. He usually get's the ball on the wing far away from the central defenders. Terry might be slow but he is experienced enough to know when and how to put a good tackle in when a quick player is running towards him and he is strong enough to match Adamas strength.

britt is going to be a proper handful for terry and chester. then we have adama, there back 4 and cdm are all slow as. i think we could really hurt them. feeling optimistic

Same team for me. 1 game after a 2 week break and giving people a rest? No thanks. Winning team with no need for changes. Only one I would consider reasonable is Bamford for Baker but I think it's only a matter of time before Baker really hits it off.

Villa fans in the main are agreeing that a win for the Boro (according to their forum) is the most likely outcome, with a lot hoping we do beat them as this is the only way he'll get the sack. He's pretty much done at Villa if the fans have any say

Talking Points:

- What’s your favourite Aston? Villa, Martin, Marrigold or University? Nancy Astor

- Who is your favourite Bruce? Steve, Forsyth, Willis or Almighty? Robert the

- Who do you think will get relegated along with Aston Villa and Sunderland? Brentford

Please beat Villa. I live here. Surrounded by them.. LOL

Are u going along mate ? I've decided I can get along there :)

Anyone found the page to buy the live match pass?

They don't have iFollow like a number of the biggest clubs; boro, villa, hull, sunderland and a few others.

No, but they have their own service, similar to Wolves

edit* Ok I've found it, think they might have some sort of VPN block on the checkout. If anyone gets it work, can you say how you did itand which vpn you use? Haven't had an issue with any other match this year.