oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR 3-2 (Baker, Fletcher, Britt)

No Braithwaite this weekend, will be back in full training next week.

Info on Braithwaite has been very sp*** from the club imo and suggestions that he might have been ready earlier than this nothing more than rumour.

Just hope when he is ready he comes ou flying, hopefully we will see him in the Villa cup squad

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Lansbury's overturned and Traores upheld.

*** joke. Absolute *** joke

Honestly I don't know what I expected from that mob. Of course they weren't going to turn it over with their institutionalised racism, seemingly general dislike of Middlesbrough and the FA old boy ties to Villa. *** them. The ***ing bag of old ***s.

Lansbury's overturned and Traores upheld.

*** joke. Absolute *** joke

I'm not surprised on the Traore one - FA have never done us any favours and it was a late challenge - harsh but not a crazy red card. But to uphold that and overturn the Lansbury one is so beyond belief even for the FA.

(On a lighter note I finally got the picture sorted for the OP - thanks for the help Gadgey!)

Never mind, hoping the FA would balance their decisions across the board was clearly not worth doing. We shall overcome and move forward. No doubt Traore can and surely will play a big part this season regardless but I would like to hope we can go out and win the next 2 games without him and getting anything at Fulham would probably be a bonus. This QPR game is a big one.

I can see us keeping a clean sheet again. We held off a hugely dominant Villa team despite their lack of end product, we've got a keeper in form and a centre-back partnership that even I warmed to after the Villa game.

QPR have a decent side, particularly good defenders and I can see them being difficult to break down. That being said, I'd still like to stick with mostly the same side and bring Bamford in on the right for Traore. If we're to stick with the 4-2-3-1, I'd keep the same 10 + Bamford from the Villa game for at least the first half. This could be Baker's time to really step up and show us his best, he had no chance in the Villa game once Traore went off, same can be said for Downing.

I think it'll be the same score as last time we played them at the Riverside, going for 1-0.

Never mind, hoping the FA would balance their decisions across the board was clearly not worth doing. We shall overcome and move forward. No doubt Traore can and surely will play a big part this season regardless but I would like to hope we can go out and win the next 2 games without him and getting anything at Fulham would probably be a bonus. This QPR game is a big one.

I can see us keeping a clean sheet again. We held off a hugely dominant Villa team despite their lack of end product, we've got a keeper in form and a centre-back partnership that even I warmed to after the Villa game.

QPR have a decent side, particularly good defenders and I can see them being difficult to break down. That being said, I'd still like to stick with mostly the same side and bring Bamford in on the right for Traore. If we're to stick with the 4-2-3-1, I'd keep the same 10 + Bamford from the Villa game for at least the first half. This could be Baker's time to really step up and show us his best, he had no chance in the Villa game once Traore went off, same can be said for Downing.

I think it'll be the same score as last time we played them at the Riverside, going for 1-0.

downing wont get near the team now. johnson has had plenty of time to settle. he'll start saturday. paddy will come in on right i think. 

-------------britt

marvin ---baker----bamford

howson or leadboots clayton

fabio gibbo fryo christio

Hard to tell the lineup this time. Think it depends on how well players like Leadbitter feel after such a gruelling match on tuesday. I know they've had 4 days since the last game but he covered so much ground and hasn't played that many matches. Also being at home I'd chose Howson. Two players that I didn't think had good games were Fabio and in particular Downing. Although it may be too harsh to drop Fabio after one poor display, I'd like to see Marvin for Downing as we are at home and could do with his runs and pace. I want Bamford to start but have a feeling Monk will start Fletcher.

-----------Randolph-----------

Christie-Fry-Gibson-Fabio

------Clayton-Howson-------

Bamford---Baker---Marvin

---------------Britt----------------

2-0. Britt and Bamford to get the goals.

Randy

Christie

Fry

Gibson

Fabio

Clayton

Howson

Project Marvin

Baker

Bamford

Britt

Keep the back 5 as is, give Howson a chance again at home so we dont run Leadbitter into the ground, try Marv from the start at home see if he can have an impact for a sustained period of time and reward him for his productive cameos, Baker continuing in the 10, Bamford cutting in to replace Traore and Britt up top.

I am hoping with us reverting back to 4231 and Clayton not splitting CBs that Howson can have a more positive impact in our attacking play.

I would love it, LOVE IT, if we beat them

Going for a Boro win by 2 or 3 goals. Think things are finally beginning to click and it's only a matter of time before we get some momentum going in the league. Would like to see Johnson and Bamford in for Downing and the suspended Traore as already suggested. UTB.

Interesting article on the QPR website "three boro players to watch" https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/three-to-watch-middlesbrough/ Think they are spot on with their choices, although they might get a stern telling from Boro regarding Britt's fee :)

Think they had trouble finding a weakness with Gibson, because I don't think he is particularly slow. Definately not for a defender, as we've seen plaenty of times. Personally I think his clearances are sometimes a bit erratic. They certainly were a few times at Villa.

Interesting article on the QPR website "three boro players to watch" https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/three-to-watch-middlesbrough/ Think they are spot on with their choices, although they might get a stern telling from Boro regarding Britt's fee :)

Think they had trouble finding a weakness with Gibson, because I don't think he is particularly slow. Definately not for a defender, as we've seen plaenty of times. Personally I think his clearances are sometimes a bit erratic. They certainly were a few times at Villa.

Claytons weakness isn't much of a weakness either, it's not terribly unsurprising the deepest DM I've ever seen doesn't score very often lol.