oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR 3-2 (Baker, Fletcher, Britt)

Strange that Gibbo hasn't really came in for any stick as of yet with him being directly involved in 3 goals we've conceded out of 5 going off Kev's list, maybe he needs to step it up a gear. He might be losing concentration playing against weaker opposition than last season possibly.

I'm honestly surprised nobody at all has mentioned Fry's involvement in QPR's 1st goal and solely blamed Fabio.

Looks like Christie is proving to be our most consistent defender atm, also contributing going forward. Looking a very shrewd buy.

Gibson could go several months with another mistake, maybe why hes getting let off lol.

the forest goals he was square on for the through ball almost flatfooted, but could argue clayton diving in left him exposed suddenly. the penna was soft as anything arguably wrong decision anyway and qpr randolph could have shouted him to leave it and it would be more down to him. either way gibson has still played a part in 3 of our goals conceded.

fry did that cack header in the build up, but their lad scuffed a shot and fabio was probably ball watching which is why wheeler stole in front of him. if fabio was switched on he'd have cleared it.

I agree with the first two but QPR I'm convinced is on him you can see him gesturing and yelling at Randolph in the highlights it definitely looks like he's the one telling Randolph to come get it.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say 95% of the time a goal being scored can be blamed on a mistake. However we have conceded a couple of really avoidable goals that have been mentioned, that has required little skill from the opponents to create the chance e.g Bonatini v Wolves and Mackie v QPR.

Strange that Gibbo hasn't really came in for any stick as of yet with him being directly involved in 3 goals we've conceded out of 5 going off Kev's list, maybe he needs to step it up a gear. He might be losing concentration playing against weaker opposition than last season possibly.

I'm honestly surprised nobody at all has mentioned Fry's involvement in QPR's 1st goal and solely blamed Fabio.

Looks like Christie is proving to be our most consistent defender atm, also contributing going forward. Looking a very shrewd buy.

Gibson could go several months with another mistake, maybe why hes getting let off lol.

the forest goals he was square on for the through ball almost flatfooted, but could argue clayton diving in left him exposed suddenly. the penna was soft as anything arguably wrong decision anyway and qpr randolph could have shouted him to leave it and it would be more down to him. either way gibson has still played a part in 3 of our goals conceded.

fry did that cack header in the build up, but their lad scuffed a shot and fabio was probably ball watching which is why wheeler stole in front of him. if fabio was switched on he'd have cleared it.

I agree with the first two but QPR I'm convinced is on him you can see him gesturing and yelling at Randolph in the highlights it definitely looks like he's the one telling Randolph to come get it.

Definitely Gibson's fault. You don't want your outfield players telling your keepers what to do. The ball was close to Gibson, he could have passed it back to Randolph/cleared it for a throw in. He chooses the lazy option and shouts for the keeper to do his job for him.

Definitely Gibson's fault. You don't want your outfield players telling your keepers what to do. The ball was close to Gibson, he could have passed it back to Randolph/cleared it for a throw in. He chooses the lazy option and shouts for the keeper to do his job for him.

yes its a howler, sure he'll look back at the replays and be thinking wtf was i doing. 

maybe because he moving inside at a slight angle it made it a little awkward for him to use his left foot to welly it clear. he deffo needed to launch it with his right foot to get the best clearance. being a lefty i noticed this, maybe it caused a moment of hesitation in him. leading to the mistake. if he was coming at an angle on the other side on his left foot i bet it would have been dealt with easy.

I would have thought the debate would be focused around our sloppy defence. Both goals were school boy errors, but the shock really is,  the errors are not uncommon.

They are uncommon enough that we are winning games.

and have conceded like the third least amount of goals in the league.

But what do you know, a negative post by Sanddancer.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have you ever heard the saying. Focus on your weaknes not your strength.

I would have thought the debate would be focused around our sloppy defence. Both goals were school boy errors, but the shock really is,  the errors are not uncommon.

That sounds like a recipe for depression and self loathing.

He is right though. The goals that we concede are mainly because of personal errors. I think Kev went through our goals conceded earlier. The two against qpr, Ayala giving wolves a goal, Gibson conceding a silly penalty against forest and I can't remember the first goal forest got but seem to remember Friend didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

We are conceding very few goals which on the whole is excellent, but when we do concede it's down to a personal error.

Which I agree with, but the way Sanddancer spins it makes it sound like we're conceding them all over the place. 

We're not. We're rarely conceding them, we're rarely conceding anything.

I have spun nothing to suggest we are conceding all over the place. I'm also intelligent enough and played enough to recognise a weak area. I simply highlighted what I consider a weakness and unchecked, it could be a failure to our success.

No, because that's not a saying.

No, because that's not a saying.

☹️

sanddancer you love focusing on negatives dont you, although you are probably not far wrong in your point and i agree somewhat, the few goals we have conceded we basically shouldnt have.

the only goal we've conceded where i even remotely thought fair play was the forest first goal although shocking defending(midfielder turned clayton a kipper a put in a nice weighted pass and the lad who scored made an intelligent run across the back line).

all the others have had me thinking wtf was that gash.

other than those 4/5 moments and a couple of letoffs like sheff utd own goal and preston/qpr hitting post we've been fine. not counting villa game as down to ten men and restricting them to only 2 real chances was great overall.