oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR 3-2 (Baker, Fletcher, Britt)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly an exciting game to watch, that! Proper championship game.

Frustrating that it took us half an hour to get going (again), but once we did we looked excellent. The two goals conceded were proper clangers, dael had a bit of a stinker today.

Marvin was excellent, can't wait to see him and traore on the pitch, at the same time. Defenders will be terrified!

I'll have to see it again, but pretty sure our third goal went out for a goal kick! Lucky us if so.

Frustrating that it took us half an hour to get going (again), but once we did we looked excellent. The two goals conceded were proper clangers, dael had a bit of a stinker today.

Marvin was excellent, can't wait to see him and traore on the pitch, at the same time. Defenders will be terrified!

I'll have to see it again, but pretty sure our third goal went out for a goal kick! Lucky us if so.

On the Sky hightlights it looked miles over the line to me. Might just have been the angle, but didn't even look that close!

I dont know what to say from that game, it was totally bonkers we won but conceded sloppy goals which allowed them to time waste constantly knowing they were ahead. We had some well worked attacking moves but at the end of the game instead of going for the comfort of 2 goals ahead we went towards the corner which was disappointing. Before the next league game, we need a breather them 2 games against villa and today probably took it out of the squad in terms of fatigue. For me Villa looked poor anyway when we played them and i doubt will put out a full strength squad so id go with something like this -

.....................Dimi....................

Roberts....Shotton...Fry....Friend

.............Foreshaw..Tavernier........

Howson....Braithwaite....Fletcher

........................Bamford..................

My prediction would be Bamford gets brought on from the bench though and Britt starts upfront.

I thought Fry had a good game today. How did others feel he did? Gibbo was the worse of the two by far for me. Hugely at fault for their 2nd goal.

I'm just trying to work out if I'm never going to agree with the general consensus on Fry, for better or worse. :)

On the Sky hightlights it looked miles over the line to me. Might just have been the angle, but didn't even look that close!

I thought it was well out watching it live too. Difficult for the linesman to say for sure on the opposite side though.

That second goal was shocking by Gibson and how Fletcher missed that from 2 yards I don't know but it was a good win. Another good game from Fry as well seems like none of their good chances came down his side the fluke shotpass 1st goal was just weird to watch I can't slate us too much for it the 2nd was flukeish but avoidable. Johnson and Traore together with Baker in the pocket is scary to think about, Johnson has to be a nailed on starter now it's whether we continue with Downing wide or not.

I thought Fry had a good game today. How did others feel he did? Gibbo was the worse of the two by far for me. Hugely at fault for their 2nd goal.

I'm just trying to work out if I'm never going to agree with the general consensus on Fry, for better or worse. :)

Agree. The two goals were Fabios and Gibson/randolphs fault. I thought Fry was faultless today and tbh I don't think there is much between him and Gibson at the moment.

I dont know what to say from that game, it was totally bonkers we won but conceded sloppy goals which allowed them to time waste constantly knowing they were ahead. We had some well worked attacking moves but at the end of the game instead of going for the comfort of 2 goals ahead we went towards the corner which was disappointing. Before the next league game, we need a breather them 2 games against villa and today probably took it out of the squad in terms of fatigue. For me Villa looked poor anyway when we played them and i doubt will put out a full strength squad so id go with something like this -

.....................Dimi....................

Roberts....Shotton...Fry....Friend

.............Foreshaw..Tavernier........

Howson....Braithwaite....Fletcher

........................Bamford..................

My prediction would be Bamford gets brought on from the bench though and Britt starts upfront.

friend wants to come back in after that from fabio, at times he's so bad at defending its embarrassing. gibson made a howler, fry not brill. i'd rest all the back 4 from today.

roberts ayala shotton friend

-----forshaw howson

fletch baker johnson

------bamford

braithwaite might get a run out and paddy desperately needs one should start.

That second goal was shocking by Gibson and how Fletcher missed that from 2 yards I don't know but it was a good win. Another good game from Fry as well seems like none of their good chances came down his side the fluke shotpass 1st goal was just weird to watch I can't slate us too much for it the 2nd was flukeish but avoidable. Johnson and Traore together with Baker in the pocket is scary to think about, Johnson has to be a nailed on starter now it's whether we continue with Downing wide or not.

Again only from the highlights, but it almost looked to me like Fletcher pretty much knew he was going to score.... and as such didn't fully attack the shot with the intensity of someone who thought it was in doubt - if that makes sense.

I think he could have got on to it a bit faster.