oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR 3-2 (Baker, Fletcher, Britt)

I would have thought the debate would be focused around our sloppy defence. Both goals were school boy errors, but the shock really is, the errors are not uncommon.

They are uncommon enough that we are winning games.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought the debate would be focused around our sloppy defence. Both goals were school boy errors, but the shock really is,  the errors are not uncommon.

and have conceded like the third least amount of goals in the league.

But what do you know, a negative post by Sanddancer.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would have thought the debate would be focused around our sloppy defence. Both goals were school boy errors, but the shock really is,  the errors are not uncommon.

There's been more than enough said about the defensive errors. Fabio held his hands up to his mistake and I also didn't think he had a good game at all throughout, never mind the mistake. Gibson made an uncharacteristically bad error, it was sloppy and his head just wasn't in the game at times.

But the fact is that regardless of those errors we still won. People are quick to forgive if you get the 3 points.

He is right though. The goals that we concede are mainly because of personal errors. I think Kev went through our goals conceded earlier. The two against qpr, Ayala giving wolves a goal, Gibson conceding a silly penalty against forest and I can't remember the first goal forest got but seem to remember Friend didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

We are conceding very few goals which on the whole is excellent, but when we do concede it's down to a personal error.

He is right though. The goals that we concede are mainly because of personal errors. I think Kev went through our goals conceded earlier. The two against qpr, Ayala giving wolves a goal, Gibson conceding a silly penalty against forest and I can't remember the first goal forest got but seem to remember Friend didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

We are conceding very few goals which on the whole is excellent, but when we do concede it's down to a personal error.

Playing devils advocate here but...

Goals are, more often than not, down to an individual error. It's rare that you look at a goal and think every defender did his job correctly. yes the Ayala one is just plain daft.. the others are just bad defending

Which I agree with, but the way Sanddancer spins it makes it sound like we're conceding them all over the place. 

We're not. We're rarely conceding them, we're rarely conceding anything.

Yes all 5 of our goals conceded this season were from errors. 

1 ayala passes to bonatini.

2. gibbo and friend caught flat for forests first.

3. gibbo gives away a needless penalty.

4. fabio lets wheeler get goal side of him far to easy(schoolboy error it really was)

5. gibbo again leaves a ball for randolph instead of dealing with it. DOH!

I personally still think the first Forest goal is more down to Clayton mis-reading a pass and trying to intercept it rather than stick in his position. Friend didn't cover himself in glory by any means but Clayton's mistake lead to the assist which never should have happened.

Strange that Gibbo hasn't really came in for any stick as of yet with him being directly involved in 3 goals we've conceded out of 5 going off Kev's list, maybe he needs to step it up a gear. He might be losing concentration playing against weaker opposition than last season possibly.

I'm honestly surprised nobody at all has mentioned Fry's involvement in QPR's 1st goal and solely blamed Fabio.

Looks like Christie is proving to be our most consistent defender atm, also contributing going forward. Looking a very shrewd buy.

That good though isn't it. Individual errors will stop at some point. Our defenders don't usually make them and will stop

If the goals were because our defence wasn't good enough that would be much more worrying as the players would then have to improve considerably or be replaced

Strange that Gibbo hasn't really came in for any stick as of yet with him being directly involved in 3 goals we've conceded out of 5 going off Kev's list, maybe he needs to step it up a gear. He might be losing concentration playing against weaker opposition than last season possibly.

I'm honestly surprised nobody at all has mentioned Fry's involvement in QPR's 1st goal and solely blamed Fabio.

Looks like Christie is proving to be our most consistent defender atm, also contributing going forward. Looking a very shrewd buy.

What did Fry do wrong for the first goal? Genuine question.

Gibson could go several months with another mistake, maybe why hes getting let off lol.

the forest goals he was square on for the through ball almost flatfooted, but could argue clayton diving in left him exposed suddenly. the penna was soft as anything arguably wrong decision anyway and qpr randolph could have shouted him to leave it and it would be more down to him. either way gibson has still played a part in 3 of our goals conceded.

fry did that cack header in the build up, but their lad scuffed a shot and fabio was probably ball watching which is why wheeler stole in front of him. if fabio was switched on he'd have cleared it.