oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Villa (A) (League Cup) 2-0 (Bamford (2) )

i think definite starts for paddy and fletch here. i'm starting to warm to fletch now, seems to have ability as a footballer his nervy first touch in key areas worries me still, get him on the ball in a forward role to build confidence and belief.

ayala to start if fit to, braithe hopefully on the bench, howson to start probs with clayton(maybe why we subbed him sat). friend probs come back and roberts to deputy for cyrus. shotton to have his debut. not sure who we'll have on the left could be stewy or marv. hopefully marv, stewy is finished and proves it every time he puts the shirt on, its actually getting painful seeing him fall so far from that young lad who torn defenses apart for us.

------------dimi

roberts ayala shotton friend

-------clayton forshaw

fletch---howson----marv

------------paddy

Johnson is cup-tied aswell Kev. Played for Oxford in the last round.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be happy for us to make wholesale changes for this game. Even giving Gueudiora a game could be useful considering that Clayton is suspended and Leadbitter picked up an injury on Saturday. I know fans have wrote Gueudiora off and has been turned into a parody figure by a lot of fans but him sitting in the stands isn't going to help our chances of getting rid of him. Assuming Leadbitter doesn't recover then our only fit CM's will be Forshaw and Howson, with us potentially wanting to rest Baker who's our first choice #10 - more so than a holding midfielder, so our options are fairly limited so this could be a good chance to rest players and to put him in the shop window. Assombalonga isn't worth risking with his injury record. If there's one player that we should wrap up in cotton wool for the cup games, it's him. We have a frustrated Bamford desperate for an opportunity to stake a claim for a regular starting position so this would be a very good game to start him in.

As long as we make a fist of it and at full time if we go out then fair enough but like BWS I like a good run and though a tricky place to go to we do have the capabilities of progressing so would prefer a Boro win.

Bamford needs game time but can we hope to see Braithwaite on the bench or getting match time?

I'm for wholesale changes for this. Firstly giving players like Britt a rest and also to give some fringe player game to time to keep away the rust/improve moral.

Miller/Sosialo and Tavernier are all good shouts to be involved in the squad.

I'm for wholesale changes for this. Firstly giving players like Britt a rest and also to give some fringe player game to time to keep away the rust/improve moral.

Miller/Sosialo and Tavernier are all good shouts to be involved in the squad.

I do wonder if you had realised that the u 23s are playing Accrington Stanley on Tuesday evening too.  It is in some sort of lower league Cup which I struggle to remember the name of  ....  begins with a C.

With their form I'm sure there will be interest in seeing how well they can do this year.

It may be therefore that they are left to plough their own furrow whilst the first team squad stays the first team squad.  There are bound to be changes as Clayton and Traore are suspended and  shotton and Johnstone are cup tied

As long as there are no injuries in not really fussed what the score is to be honest.

A good performance from players like Bamford and Fletcher couldn't do any harm either.

Dimi

Roberts Fry Ayala Friend

Howson Forshaw

?? Bamford ??

Fletcher

I'd love to see some youngsters have a go.

Main priority (probably the only priority really!) is the league so not sure on this one and it all depends what Monk's thinking is. It is still early in the season so not sure of the need for much rotation but we certainly want to protect the likes of Britt / Gibbo

If anything though Villa will want to rest even more players so our superior squad depth (IMO) should see us through regardless of the changes Monk makes

We have enough decent players not getting a game to put out a decent side and not risk injuries to key players.  Dimi ayala shotton howson forshaw braithwaite fletcher friend bamford

That's only 9 and Shotton is cup-tied :)

I'd play a 433:

Randolph the Great,

Gorgeous George

Corpus Christie

The Chairman's Nephew

Stir Fry

Howsoon is now

The Rocket Factory

That fabulous Baker boy

Norman Stanley Fletcher

I slumber Longer

The Classically Trained Multi-linguist.

We have enough decent players not getting a game to put out a decent side and not risk injuries to key players.  Dimi ayala shotton howson forshaw braithwaite fletcher friend bamford

That's only 9 and Shotton is cup-tied :)

I'd play a 433:

Randolph the Great,

Gorgeous George

Corpus Christie

The Chairman's Nephew

Stir Fry

Howsoon is now

The Rocket Factory

That fabulous Baker boy

Norman Stanley Fletcher

I slumber Longer

The Classically Trained Multi-linguist.