oneBoro Forum
Teacider

Boro vs Villa (A) (League Cup) 2-0 (Bamford (2) )

I'm only interested in the league and hope this is not a distraction.

I'm a cup man myself.

With two girls...?

Always like a good cup run however wouldn't want it to get in the way for the league... but as they say 'winning breads winning!

Team I would like to see

Dimi

Roberts - Fry - Ayala - Friend

Howson - Forshaw

Travenier - Bamford - Johnson

Fletcher

Hopefully some of the young lads will be on the bench like last round. U23's have been on fire so far so deserve the call up.

Going for 2-1 Boro!

Did not realise downing could play as a keeper as well as a winger

Capture.JPG.c5d525b2fa270877f0b5f6db82b17a31.JPG

I'm a cup man myself.

With two girls...?

Lost me, explain what you mean.

Always like a good cup run however wouldn't want it to get in the way for the league... but as they say 'winning breads winning!

Team I would like to see

Dimi

Howson - Forshaw

Fletcher

Hopefully some of the young lads will be on the bench like last round. U23's have been on fire so far so deserve the call up.

Going for 2-1 Boro!

Priority must be the league, has to be. I agree, it's a good change to play the young and fringe players

Team I would like to see

Dimi

Howson - Forshaw

Fletcher

Going for 2-1 Boro!

Johnson can't play

Due to last week's fiasco and the fact that there might be an edge to the game personally I do not want to go out of the Cup by their hands and hopefully we will keep 11 on the pitch this time round.

Have a feeling they will field as strong a team as possible for that reason of not being able to beat us last week.

So Game day and Come on Boro!!!!

Didn't realise the U23s were also playing tonight. Wonder if that means Monk will be less likely to call on one or two of them?

Didn't realise the U23s were also playing tonight. Wonder if that means Monk will be less likely to call on one or two of them?

Surely the senior squad (in this case resting a few of them) takes priority over a u23 game.

I'm a cup man myself.

With two girls...?

You really don't want to find out. Trust me :/

I'm a cup man myself.

With two girls...?

You really don't want to find out. Trust me :/

I've got him down as the kind of guy that does.

• Latest Posts

• This day on the 19th January 1985 Boro drew 0-0 at home to Portsmouth in front of 4,622 fans & the introduction of Boro's 3rd loaned player, our 1st outfield loaned player, No543 registered Boro player & the 5th player to wear the No2 that season up to his debut John Kay, on loan from Wimbledon, made his 2nd appearence for the mighty Boro, his home debut & the same result of his debut the previous week in a 0-0 draw at Wolves John Kay went on to make 8 appearences for the Boro, drawing 4 & losing 4 Willie Maddrens team Kelham O'Hanlon  John Kay Gary Hamilton Mick Buckley  Tony Mowbray  Irving Nattrass  Paul Ward  David Mills  Heine Otto  David Currie  Tony McAndrew  Sub Alan Roberts   
    • I don't think it's a simple choice between Gibson and Oxford if the finances aren't anywhere near the same. I'd have Gibson back over chancing it with Oxford if they were both gonna cost us the same but I just don't see how that could happen. Regarding Fry rumours, unless we're selling because we have a plan on how best to spend the money, keep him for now. Just getting some money out of him right now doesn't help us and it only hinders our back line. I feel like I keep saying this over and over but in terms of getting wages off the books, Fry is not burning a hole in our pocket. I'd sooner shift Britt and take a bigger loss on him than sell Fry because somebody is offering £10m+.
    • Considering he hasn’t moved to Venlo yet I’d say there is interest from elsewhere. 
    • Any of the itk guys know if theres any truth in the recent links with reece Oxford 
    • Exactly. Oxford could still be seen as the dm to replace clayton and if Howson moves on. If Ayala moves on too then we could do far worse with a fry/gibson partnership.