• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's  the right hand side that's difficult... Downing has been mediocre, Johnson only really operates on the left, Bamford is better through the middle and make sure us much more narrow on that flank. If Braithwaite were fully fit, I'd have him there to ghost in at the back post for Johnson's crosses, but I'm not sure he'll be sharp enough for a game like this one. There's Wing, but a Championship baptism away at Fulham is perhaps a step too far.

Personally, I'd keep Leadbitter in for this one ahead of Howson. He and Clayton have a ready-mad eunderstanding, which could be key to us winning the midfield battle in this one.

LB is like having to choose a concert to go to when the only options are Bieber or Robin Thicke...

You can't forget that we have Christie on that wing to provide width, Bamford has played about half his games as a winger so is perfectly capable of playing there. Assombalonga has hit the ground running in terms of goals, but I'd like to get another goal scorer into the team hitting the back post if we're playing a winger like Johnson or Traore.

There's so many new players that keeping the Midfield 2 of Clayton and Leadbitter can provide a familiar and solid base for the attack, Leadbitter is only 31 and people speak about him like he's approaching 40 :D

Seems like we can't get any luck with the Fullback positions. We've finally sorted a good Right Back, and now both our Left Backs are dodgy :rolleyes:

Re Left Back. Friend always starts the season slowly. In the past there has been no one to replace him so he's got fit in the team. This time round he won't be able to. Strange situation.

To be fair Fabio is doing ok and makes the game more exciting with his 'ooh where should I pop up now shenanigans'. He's worse that Adama for not sticking to his supposed position.

Regarding the midfield debate, for me I don't get the leadboots praise, he's been just as mediocre as the rest of them ( Clayton possibly edged it although had some duffers aswell). The reason I went for Howson is that I believe he has a extra level over leadbitter, and he showed some signs of getting there against villa.

Regarding the midfield debate, for me I don't get the leadboots praise, he's been just as mediocre as the rest of them ( Clayton possibly edged it although had some duffers aswell). The reason I went for Howson is that I believe he has a extra level over leadbitter, and he showed some signs of getting there against villa.

What do you base this "extra level" on? 

Leadbitter has made a noticeable difference to our organisation since he's come back in. No question.

I have not been an advocate of Leadbitter nor the trusty trio for a while but I would prefer him as I agree he has aided in the organisation.

It was notable against QPR that midfield improved once Clayton went off so in my mind especially with the depth of our squad that we do not need to have both GL and AC on the pitch at the same time.

We are a different beast this time round and it is beginning to show and I hope that GM sticks to the winning formula and takes the game to Fulham because in my mind this is just the type of game in which we need to set our marker down and with that in mind this game is beginning to shape into THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........so far!!! (especially away from home)

Howson is a 74, leadbitter is a 71. Case closed

Randolph

Christie, Fry, Gibson, Fabio

Clayton Howson

Bamford Baker Johnson

Assombalonga.

That would be my preferred team. Dont think he'll start Bamford on the wing tho, and I wouldn't put him in front of Britt so sadly the bench will be the most likely scenario for him.

Howson over Leadbitter just about. Been really impressed with Leadbitter mind these last few games so can't take anything else away from him. I just think Howson is genuinely a better midfielder, although his start at Boro hasn't been great at at, but part of that i think was he wasn't comfortable in the midfield three alongside Forshaw. He had a good game against Villa and I'd like to see him grab that spot.

Howson is a 74, leadbitter is a 71. Case closed

???