oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

Bring back Agnew, come home Steve all is forgiven!

Steady on Duvel, I wasn't advocating a return for Agnew, I was just wondering if Monk would work more efficiently alongside a decent number 2. As far as I know, he doesn't have one.

I was joking mate :)

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all I have to say i cannot believe that you bringing up all talk about "sacking monk" - crisis we only 10 games into the league and only 8pt behind Cardiff which I doubt that they will stay up there forever as they will have bad runs!! we were unbeaten for 7 games before last night game and because we lost last night so now there talk about sacking monk?? WTF??? Yes I agree that the game last night was poor of course but like people said that Norwich had most of their players inside of their box most of the game which we were unable to make a break through! I sure that Monk will get this team on a good go once we know our proper team line up!

get behind the team and the team management and get a grip haha :)

after the game - did I see that someone had rip their season ticket up and threw it on the floor?? (outside the west stand)...

You can only sack Monk (which I wouldn't) if you have a viable alternative who's going to improve. Not many out there that I can think of.

Unless you want to give to Agnew again? ;)

Talking of Agnew, I do think it might be a good idea to appoint a decent assistant manager, is that feasible, or would that mean paying off Agnew first? I can't see that it would.

I think it would. I imagine that the reason we don't have an 'assistant manager' is that Agnew is going through some kind of employment tribunal, and therefore is currently still technically in that position. I can't imagine it's as simple as paying him off either, as I'm sure we'd have done it if we could have.

It was hypothetical and based on results at the end of the season Mickey...chill.

Would you sack Monk if he didn't take us up?

No I wouldn't as I believe he can go on and be a great manager for us (no matter if he get us up this season or not)...

first of all I have to say i cannot believe that you bringing up all talk about "sacking monk" - crisis we only 10 games into the league and only 8pt behind Cardiff which I doubt that they will stay up there forever as they will have bad runs!! we were unbeaten for 7 games before last night game and because we lost last night so now there talk about sacking monk?? WTF???  Yes I agree that the game last night was poor of course but like people said that Norwich had most of their players inside of their box most of the game which we were unable to make a break through! I sure that Monk will get this team on a good go once we know our proper team line up!

after the game - did I see that someone had rip their season ticket up and threw it on the floor??  (outside the west stand)...

Don't think anyone is saying sack him now, but we need to be doing better come the end of the season. With this squad and the amount of influence Monk has had during the transfer window there is no excuse for not getting promoted. 

Nothing is won or lost in the september and because of late transfers, injuries and drastic loss of form only Randolph, Gibbo, Fry, Christie and Britt have been mainstays in the lineup. Hopefully three points on saturday and then a two week break to get some more common understanding on the pitch. Once Braithwaite is back in the lineup for Johnson I think we will see him getting into the box more often to support Britt.

first of all I have to say i cannot believe that you bringing up all talk about "sacking monk" - crisis we only 10 games into the league and only 8pt behind Cardiff which I doubt that they will stay up there forever as they will have bad runs!! we were unbeaten for 7 games before last night game and because we lost last night so now there talk about sacking monk?? WTF??? Yes I agree that the game last night was poor of course but like people said that Norwich had most of their players inside of their box most of the game which we were unable to make a break through! I sure that Monk will get this team on a good go once we know our proper team line up!

after the game - did I see that someone had rip their season ticket up and threw it on the floor?? (outside the west stand)...

Did u actually read any of the posts through or just read the word sack and then decide to respond?

You can only sack Monk (which I wouldn't) if you have a viable alternative who's going to improve. Not many out there that I can think of.

Unless you want to give to Agnew again? ;)

Talking of Agnew, I do think it might be a good idea to appoint a decent assistant manager, is that feasible, or would that mean paying off Agnew first? I can't see that it would.

I think it would. I imagine that the reason we don't have an 'assistant manager' is that Agnew is going through some kind of employment tribunal, and therefore is currently still technically in that position. I can't imagine it's as simple as paying him off either, as I'm sure we'd have done it if we could have.

Depends how much we are willing to pay. Maybe he wants the entire contract paid up and we are only offering half.

first of all I have to say i cannot believe that you bringing up all talk about "sacking monk" - crisis we only 10 games into the league and only 8pt behind Cardiff which I doubt that they will stay up there forever as they will have bad runs!! we were unbeaten for 7 games before last night game and because we lost last night so now there talk about sacking monk?? WTF???  Yes I agree that the game last night was poor of course but like people said that Norwich had most of their players inside of their box most of the game which we were unable to make a break through! I sure that Monk will get this team on a good go once we know our proper team line up!

after the game - did I see that someone had rip their season ticket up and threw it on the floor??  (outside the west stand)...

Did u actually read any of the posts through or just read the word sack and then decide to respond?

I did quickly went throu the posts and I thought that we shouldn't be talking about sacking at present time or at the end of the season at all - the sacking talk only seem to be brought up every time we lost a game but the word doesn't get mention when we win games etc..

things could of been worse for us as look at Sunderland for one (LOL) and if we were in that situation then YES we should be talking about sacking lol...

I did quickly went throu the posts and I thought that we shouldn't be talking about sacking at present time or at the end of the season at all - the sacking talk only seem to be brought up every time we lost a game but the word doesn't get mention when we win games etc..

things could of been worse for us as look at Sunderland for one (LOL) and if we were in that situation then YES we should be talking about sacking lol...

Most people I know actually had Sunderland as relegation candidate before the season so I would not compare them to our situation. If we miss playoff its like them coming 20th.....

No one said he should be sacked! It was a question of whether he deserves to be sacked if we don't go up which is a perfectly reasonable debate I think.

People talking of sacking the manager after one bad result, on the back of good run, are literally brain dead - I saw people comparing this Boro side to the one under Strachan. I'd say review the situation come the end of the season.

On Saturday I'd like to see him shake the squad up a bit, for me Clayton has been awful recently - if Leadbitter can play, I'd start him. Also give Shotton and Braithwaite starts for Fry and Johnstone.

Can we all just remember that Norwich have a very good defence. They have gone seven hours and 48 minutes without conceding in the league. They set up to shut us out, fair play to them.

If we cut out the mistakes and become more clinical in front of goal, we'll be laughing. A settled team/tactics will help with that, which will happen over time.

There are 36 matches to go and 108 points still to play for - there's a long way to go yet.

Just watched the highlights. I still can't believe we didn't score or create bigger chances with all that pressure. It was 10 mins of all boro except for their goal, Jeromes chance and a a couple of other half chances.