oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

Just another point, a positive for me was that Braithwaite looked lively and physical. I think he will make a world of difference to our goal threat.

I think at the moment we're too easy to defend against.

Norwich defended deep, stopping Britt getting in behind. They doubled up on Adama. If you do that we've not got much threat. Well done to them for figuring that out.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

People talking of sacking the manager after one bad result, on the back of good run, are literally brain dead - I saw people comparing this Boro side to the one under Strachan. I'd say review the situation come the end of the season.

On Saturday I'd like to see him shake the squad up a bit, for me Clayton has been awful recently - if Leadbitter can play, I'd start him. Also give Shotton and Braithwaite starts for Fry and Johnstone.

Who talked about sacking Monk after one bad result?

I think i'd make quite a few changes Saturday.

Fry > Ayala (Understand Shotton is probably higher up the pecking order but i prefer Ayala)

Fabio > Friend

Howson > Leadbitter

Baker > Braithwaite

People talking of sacking the manager after one bad result, on the back of good run, are literally brain dead - I saw people comparing this Boro side to the one under Strachan. I'd say review the situation come the end of the season.

On Saturday I'd like to see him shake the squad up a bit, for me Clayton has been awful recently - if Leadbitter can play, I'd start him. Also give Shotton and Braithwaite starts for Fry and Johnstone.

Before you start calling people brain dead maybe you should learn to read properly.

I think i'd make quite a few changes Saturday.

Fry > Ayala (Understand Shotton is probably higher up the pecking order but i prefer Ayala)

Fabio > Friend

Howson > Leadbitter

Baker > Braithwaite

Was my thoughts too, altough I think it will be Braithwaite for Johnson and Baker keeps his place but with instructions to come further forward. Think Fry could do with a small rest.

That's interesting to know, Tom, although surely Agnew was "sacked" as manager, not asst. manager.

No employment tribunal in the land is going to look at Agnew's time in charge and claim he was unfairly dismissed, he was abysmal from day 1.

Only if he was actually appointed manager. If he was caretaker manager (which is how I understand it), and the terms of his contract didn't change, it's more a secondment than a promotion, and therefore his contract would still have been that of an assistant.

That's interesting to know, Tom, although surely Agnew was "sacked" as manager, not asst. manager.

No employment tribunal in the land is going to look at Agnew's time in charge and claim he was unfairly dismissed, he was abysmal from day 1.

Only if he was actually appointed manager. If he was caretaker manager (which is how I understand it), and the terms of his contract didn't change, it's more a secondment than a promotion, and therefore his contract would still have been that of an assistant.

I can't say how it is in England but over here you take a look at the actual job the person carries out, responsibilities etc. rather than simply looking at the title in his contract. Jobs change and not always are the contracts amended. If you do the managers job for an extended period I'd argue that you should be seen as a manager. I suppose you can argue that 3 months isn't enough to deem someone a full time manager.

The discussion was about expectations and whether or not it would take a couple of seasons to get promoted. and if it did, what would be the general reaction from fans.

Some said give Monk time to develop the team others said that if Monk doesn't get the team promoted this season it would be a massive failure and he should be replaced. I'd like to see this group of young players develop under Monk even if it takes time.

I'd hate to be in a position next summer with a new manager replacing a load of players with new ones. I personally think that we have a decent squad and that things will come good in time.

I can't say how it is in England but over here you take a look at the actual job the person carries out, responsibilities etc. rather than simply looking at the title in his contract. Jobs change and not always are the contracts amended. If you do the managers job for an extended period I'd argue that you should be seen as a manager. I suppose you can argue that 3 months isn't enough to deem someone a full time manager.

It was long enough for Bob Bradley! :)

It’s not just this forum who are in debate, but I have spoken too quite a few season ticket holders who also have concern. Of course there those who are trying too counter negativity, but without doubt the volume of discussion clearly proves we are not performing. I’m sure the club sees this too and as would be expected, will demand patience. Anyone believe the gap to the top is not huge knows little and closing it requires luck and other teams to falter badly. Currently I can’t see us finding the fluency and balance to kick on, I expect, we will be pushing the play off group. I also expect to see a team running on three pistons with the forth sputtering into life now and then. Buckle up it’s not going to be an easy ride...

They'd probably have a strong case for doing Agnew for making frivolous claims!!!

So what we are saying is that we can't have an assistant Manager due to Agnew being on gardening leave

Are we allowed to appoint a head coach, or a second assistant or a special envoy?

I'm not saying that for a fact, but it would explain why we have a full new management team but not a Number 2