oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

I would take Fry out of the starting line-up on Saturday, feel we need a bit more experience in defence, its a lot of responsibility for a young defender like Gibbo to have to marshal a defence with a 20 year old alongside him, so it would be Ayala back in for me.

We've got to put Braithwaite straight back in, we looked more threatening when he came on than at any other time in the game.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everything is as cut and dried as that Rich. Unfortunately that mistake cost us the game and as much as he's been playing well we've still been conceding goals. I wouldn't be upset if he stays in the side but the pressures building and i'd be inclined to take him out the firing line.

I get what your saying but he was MOM against Fulham ( not that I agreed with that ). I just think you can't drop players on one mistake base decisions on three games .

To be honest and others mentioned due to the fact that we drooled at the starting 11 then we should keep exactly the same team, with some choice words and with the hope that they will come out far better next time round.

I'm with you there alan

If he picks his best 11 and they lose does that mean they weren't the best 11 or that they had a bad game. If braithwaite was really good maybe find a way to shoehorn him in but apart from that give them one more chance if they blow it he's got two weeks for others to impress r

Not everything is as cut and dried as that Rich. Unfortunately that mistake cost us the game and as much as he's been playing well we've still been conceding goals. I wouldn't be upset if he stays in the side but the pressures building and i'd be inclined to take him out the firing line.

Would you have dropped Gibson or Randolph for their mistake against QPR?

Not even sarcastic when I say that there's been some great discussion today on here! Like the OneBoro of old!

Yeah there has! Think it was an interesting game last night. Some sort it as a tough frustrating game where Norwich played well to shut us out, and others saw it as a very poor performance.

Good thing about football is the vast difference in opinions, even if sometime we struggle to understand how people can come to an opinion! It's what makes forums like this interesting.

Duvel, would you sack Monk if we don't go up this season?

Yes absolutely

not at all. I've given up on this season in terms of promotion. If we pull off the miracle and do get into the Premier league I can't see any way of us strengthening enough not to be whipping boys. A few years here team building will do me. Much more enjoyable. The prem is far overrated as a good experience anyway

I've probably been Fry's biggest critic this season. And I wouldn't drop him based on last night's mistake. That followed his incredible performance against Fulham. By all means I'd be having a word in his ear and ask him to cut that out (it's precisely the kind of thing I've chastised him for this season, fannying about with the ball rather than focus on defending first) but I'd give him Saturday to prove the boss he shouldn't be dropped.

Based on last night and the Fulham game, I would drop Fabio and Baker for Friend and Braithwaite.

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Friend

Traore Clayton Howson Johnson

Braithwaite

Assombalonga

Yes absolutely

not at all. I've given up on this season in terms of promotion. If we pull off the miracle and do get into the Premier league I can't see any way of us strengthening enough not to be whipping boys. A few years here team building will do me. Much more enjoyable. The prem is far overrated as a good experience anyway

You've given up on promotion after 10 games, fair enough each to their own I suppose, are you new to the game.

Yes absolutely

You've given up on promotion after 10 games, fair enough each to their own I suppose, are you new to the game.

I too was shall we say slightly suprised by that one. If we are 1 down after ten mins do you switch off and go shopping instead

I've probably been Fry's biggest critic this season. And I wouldn't drop him based on last night's mistake. That followed his incredible performance against Fulham. By all means I'd be having a word in his ear and ask him to cut that out (it's precisely the kind of thing I've chastised him for this season, fannying about with the ball rather than focus on defending first) but I'd give him Saturday to prove the boss he shouldn't be dropped.

Based on last night and the Fulham game, I would drop Fabio and Baker for Friend and Braithwaite.

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Friend

Traore Clayton Howson Johnson

Braithwaite

Assombalonga

I don't think fry is anywhere near as good as some do. I think he will be but not yet. BUT. Do I think shotton or ayala would be a huge improvement , no ! So do we bring on a player that will be very good or play guys that really aren't goin g to get a lot better

mistakes have cost us in every game bar fulham. cut out these pathetic individual errors that keep happening and we might actually win a few. thats my concern. not the lack of quality or squad depth. karanka would have been frickin livid with whats happened so far. thats whats concerning me about monk, do the players fear him? probably not as much as they did karanka.

i think we'll see a turning point soon. i mean a point like last promotion seasons when we had a few bad results and fell away a little, we'd wake up and go on a run.

thats what we are going to do, braithwaite and leadbitter need to start as we need those leaders on the pitch every game. fry is a young lad as is gibbo, i'd prefer a more experienced man playing. i think we might see shotton in the team soon.

For me we need a commanding centre half to be playing, whether thats Shotton or Ayala. Jerome bullied Gibson and Fry yesterday, they literally won nothing all game until he went off. Hugill did it, Madine did it when Bolton went long, Mackie and Smith both did it for QPR, Murphy for Forest.

That's not just down to Fry either, although opposition forwards are targetting him. Gibson isn't great at defending the long ball, he's much better at defending against smaller more technical players, thats why I think he excelled in the premier league but is struggling atm.

The Ayala goal threat at the other end has already been mentioned by a few but it can't be understated, we had loads of corners yesterday and hardly threatened at all.

I agree with what Humpty said earlier and feel its time to take Fry out for a spell, going off form Gibson probably needs a spell out aswell but that won't happen.

We're not the only pre season favourites to struggle finding our stride. Just talked to a wolves fan who reckons they've been gash for the past three games and if the don't step up promotion will be difficult and start players like Neves and Cavaleiro will find it thought to attract prem interest.

I'm not using it as an excuse because I think we need to do better but we also need to appreciate that a lot of change has gone on at the club in every aspect and that sadly just takes time. Hope we fix it soon.