• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a Boro knob?

I'm not sure about that one, I think it must be something that is sold in the club shop probably some door handle furniture, I might try to find out before the game tomorrow :D

Go and ask for one in the club shop

Can't believe some are giving up on promotion after 10 games. Give over. :D

It hasn't been a great start by any means. But we're not even in October yet and some are throwing in the towel. :D

Nowadays here seems more of a place to whine than anything else

Yes it was a crap game, we go to each game full of high expectations and most are naive enough to think we really will "smash the league" forgetting how willing other teams are to turn up and spoil the party?

Personally I think it's the stupidest thing I've heard Steve Gibson say, the amount of pressure it puts on us - especially after that confidence shattering, morale destroying, soul ripping relegation season.

So for me its way too early for all this tosh, Sir Alex Ferguson said you don't know your team until 10 matches into the seasons and I feel at ten in we will know better who our best 11 are.

Braithwaite coming back is a big positive as I still think he was one of our best in buys in the window.

There's way more to come in my opinion and promotion is still there but "smashing it"? Away stevie give your head a wobble.

I think somebody pointed out in another post, possibly in another thread,  that Gibson didn't say 'will smash the league' but actually said 'want to smash the league'.

If you read back I said "most are naive enough to think we will..." I didn't quote Gibson as saying we will. Him saying "we want to smash the league" and "we want to go up as champions" is mirroring what we all "want" not just Boro fans but all football fans - when your club chairman says it then there's intent is there not? Which as I stated has made a lot of fans believe (especially after the transfer window) we will.

But here we go again, I make a point and someone responds with a "wording error" that they believe I've made - riviting stuff - this is why the forum is such a tedious read for people.

You come on for a bit of banter - maybe a bit of new info but a load of miserable head teachers are running around spell checking you, making sure your referencing  is correct and personally boring the pants of most people with it all.

Don’t let it worry you, though it makes a change from me in the barrel.

A fine example of forum hypocrisy  - I get pulled for miss quoting when in fact I am being miss quoted by the person accusing me of it - the silence is now deafening. 

Just waiting for the "let's move on its getting boring and off topic" then  the hypocrisy is complete and my actual point is lost completely.