oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

I know we're losing 1-0 but this game is definitely still winnable.

Especially with players like Braithwaite and Bamford on the bench.

Definately. Can see baker coming off for Bamford or Braithwaite.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson has had zero influence on this game. People moan at Downing for playing the ball sideways and backwards, I don't even remember many sideways passes from Johnson. He needs taking off at half time.

There's a time and a place for Johnson, this game is clearly not it.

Have we had 80% of the ball. Norwich have barely been out of their half apart from the goal and one half chance when Evil Pinto made a raid forward. Goals will come.

I guess they said the same 3 years back when we won 1-0 after an early goal

Johnson has had zero influence on this game. People moan at Downing for playing the ball sideways and backwards, I don't even remember many sideways passes from Johnson. He needs taking off at half time.

If Johnson hasn't had any influence then Traore on the opposite wing has been invicible. Johnson has been involved in most of our promising moves forward. Traore and baker are main culprits in doing absolutely nothing. I would take off Baker for a striker 10 mins into the second half if nothing changes.

Frustrating first half that. Norwich well drilled and defensively good. They'll put men behind the ball second half and if we don't break them down early, I can see them countering and winning this 2-0.

Don't think anyone's been massively bad, just a frustrating night so far.

If Johnson hasn't had any influence then Traore on the opposite wing has been invicible. Johnson has been involved in most of our promising moves forward. Traore and baker are main culprits in doing absolutely nothing. I would take off Baker for a striker 10 mins into the second half if nothing changes.

Invisible or invincible BD?

Johnson put in the cross for the Britt chance. Other than that, what are his skills doing for our team right now? He's a speedster playing against a very deep team. He doesn't particularly look like doing anything with the ball when he gets it.

That's not to say Traore or indeed Baker have been any better. I mentioned earlier that Traore doesn't seem to be in it too. Epitomised by one or two passes which came to him, he sits static and hopes the ball reaches him whilst one or two Norwich players just intercept before it reaches him.

The difference for me is Traore can make something happen despite playing against a deep team. Norwich seem to be winning every tackle at the moment but I would sooner expect Traore to bedazzle them than Johnson. The fact they're putting their feet in to win the ball from Traore is both bad and good for us. One wrong foot and it's either a dangerous free-kick or a penalty.