oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Brentford 2-2 (Braithwaite, Fabio)

I am in the school of thought that says if we aren't creating anything then that is the time to worry at this stage of the season. Lets be honest Norwich did a Boro (AK version) on us last week but we should still have been talking about the game as a draw at worst if you look at the missed chances.

Braithwaite has been a huge miss as he looked in pre-season someone who would get you 15 goals to support your 20+ man (Britt)

I would be tempted to keep Baker in and drop Johnson instead , simply because he also could benefit from Brathwaites inclusion but I could just as easily see him playing Bamford in that 10 role but interchanging with the others for some variety

I think it will be a win - 2-0 after maybe a stodgy start (again) but Britt and Brathwaite getting the goals

Baker isn't doing enough for me, on Tuesday the game completely passed him by. Playing as our number 10 he should be involved in virtually every attack, as a number 10 he's pivotal in that system and needs to do a lot more.

Look at the good number 10s for us over the years and their position on the pitch. You expect that type of player to be available to pick the ball up off the defence or CM's and turn and start attacks and link the play.

On Tuesday Baker's positioning just never looked right, he wasn't supporting Assombalonga at the top end of the pitch but he wasn't available enough to start attacks in deeper positions either. He was just on the periphery of everything.

We can't afford a passenger in that position otherwise we'd be just as well having Bamford in there who'd at least pose more of a goal threat.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this game will tell us a lot more about ourselves. It’s crunch time and anything but a win and a decent run does not bear thinking about. We are close to 25% through the season and we have been slow out the blocks, very much like most games. The dust is settling and mistakes are many to suggest we are anywhere close to, hate to use the term, gelling. Teams have already labbled us and play a strategy that’s been so far reasonably effective. I believe we will hammer someone by a cricket score but we won’t be consistent and fighting for a play off a reality.

I believe you are wrong. It's an important game and three points we should be getting but it's not the end of the world if we don't. 3/4 of the season still to go. Go on a 10 game unbeaten run after christmas and almost any team can propel themselves into the top 4

What you say makes no sense. How would you know 10 wins will take us top when we don’t how far ahead opponent will be. What makes you think we can do a ten run unbeaten, run. Can’t remeber the last. Why not put together 10 match unbeaten run now because Xmas has always been BORO worst period.

I believe this game will tell us a lot more about ourselves. It’s crunch time and anything but a win and a decent run does not bear thinking about. We are close to 25% through the season and we have been slow out the blocks, very much like most games. The dust is settling and mistakes are many to suggest we are anywhere close to, hate to use the term, gelling. Teams have already labbled us and play a strategy that’s been so far reasonably effective. I believe we will hammer someone by a cricket score but we won’t be consistent and fighting for a play off a reality.

I believe you are wrong. It's an important game and three points we should be getting but it's not the end of the world if we don't. 3/4 of the season still to go. Go on a 10 game unbeaten run after christmas and almost any team can propel themselves into the top 4

What you say makes no sense. How would you know 10 wins will take us top when we don’t how far ahead opponent will be. What makes you think we can do a ten run unbeaten, run. Can’t remeber the last. Why not put together 10 match unbeaten run now because Xmas has always been BORO worst period.

I don't know but I'd be suprised if a ten game unbeaten run doesn't get uss there. I don't know how far behind we will be either but I don't think we will be far away we have just put in a nine game unbeaten run by the way. Yes better to do it all now but I'm just saying nothing is a MUST DO this early in the season

Britt has shown he is a top championship forward but isn't quite on fire yet

Baker was fantastic in holland and Chelsea rate him highly also he has shown in the odd game how good he can be but again isn't reall firing yet

Braithwaite has also shown he could be a great player but hasn't had a chance yet

Howson has been one of the best championship midfielders the last few seasons but has been hot and cold so far

So yes this could continue until the end of the season but I'm betting most if not all of those guys will come good at some point and we will have some team

Britt has shown he is a top championship forward but isn't quite on fire yet

Baker was fantastic in holland and Chelsea rate him highly also he has shown in the odd game how good he can be but again isn't reall firing yet

Braithwaite has also shown he could be a great player but hasn't had a chance yet

Howson has been one of the best championship midfielders the last few seasons but has been hot and cold so far

So yes this could continue until the end of the season but I'm betting most if not all of those guys will come good at some point and we will have some team

Got to agree with you, and I've no doubt Howson will come good and we'll realize why both Leeds and Norwich were upset at losing him.

I'd like to see Baker play in midfield where he can get on the ball more, with Clayton and Howson in there we have no one capable of passing the ball.

I have a feeling he might go back to the 433 system we started the season with.

I'd like to see Baker play in midfield where he can get on the ball more, with Clayton and Howson in there we have no one capable of passing the ball.

I have a feeling he might go back to the 433 system we started the season with.

I fu**ing hope not! Sysyem did not work and teams knew how narrow we were so let their full backs bomb forward at every opportunity.

For me we play at our best in a 4-4-2 formation, although we don't play this formation until we are up against it. Monk isn't brave enough to start with this formation

Like the intro Juninho. If we lose, we can just rage quit and load our last save right?!

Got to be winning games like this at home, and I think we will. Despite the fact that most were slating GM after the Norwich game, I thought he did well. Picked a good team to start with and made good positive changes that should have got us the win, or at least a draw. I have faith he can outwit brentford