oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Brentford 2-2 (Braithwaite, Fabio)

Please please can we not talk about Karanka every time we're losing?

Oops sorry, but he shouldn’t have gone.

Course he should have gone. You even said it at the time.

I was sad to see him go Jimmy, but I conceded that it was time for a new manager if we were to have any chance of staying up. We never adequately replaced him and we went down with a whimper.

I think AK would have made a better fist of things this season, had he stayed.

As I said the other day Monk needs a decent assistant and more time than most are prepared to give him.

Hard not to do better than this.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor first half - almost every Boro player off the bench and we haven't really threatened in any way.

Traore has been so poor - summed up when Christie tried to play him in down the right hand side of the box and he was just stood watching - time to get him off!

Well I was supportive of us on Tuesday, but we have pure gash today so far no way to sugar coat it.

Agreed, Tuesday was one of those days where every time we made a chance it went straight at the keeper. Today we're not making anything but our own downfall with non existant marking and beautifully weighted through balls to Brentford players.

Leadbitter needs to come on at halftime for one of the midfielders, one of Traore or Johnson should probably come off too because they've both been horrendous.

Still think we're going to pull round nicely over the coming months. It took Leeds until the end of October under Monk before they started to click. Lost 6 of his first 12 games and then only lost 9 of the remaining 34. Even if it's not right by January in that window we'll have another chance to get the team sorted and get back to where we want to be.

Boo's aside outside of the crazy QPR game when have we looked like we have a clear playstyle besides the days of playing off Gestede?

I'm not seeing what we're trying to develop into whether we're a physical running pace machine like NUFC when they got promoted or 'bold' Huddersfield type with counter attacking tricks. Under Monk we have had some terrible first halfs let's hope for a better second.

Well I was supportive of us on Tuesday, but we have pure gash today so far no way to sugar coat it.

Agreed, Tuesday was one of those days where every time we made a chance it went straight at the keeper. Today we're not making anything but our own downfall with non existant marking and beautifully weighted through balls to Brentford players.

Leadbitter needs to come on at halftime for one of the midfielders, one of Traore or Johnson should probably come off too because they've both been horrendous.

Still think we're going to pull round nicely over the coming months. It took Leeds until the end of October under Monk before they started to click. Lost 6 of his first 12 games and then only lost 9 of the remaining 34. Even if it's not right by January in that window we'll have another chance to get the team sorted and get back to where we want to be.

And how did it go at the end for Leeds? They where as poor at the end as the start.....

And I would say this Boro team is a hell a lot better than last years Leeds....

Quick half time question, are we expecting too much from the team?

What sort of question is that? Are we expecting a team worth about 10x more than Brentford to beat Brentford at home???! yes.. is that expecting too much??? NOT AT ALL

That's like saying are we expecting too much of a Lamborghini beating a ford fesita in a 1km drag race

I would even go as far as renouncing that as a question and say that it is purely there to antagonise. Ridiculous DS! Expect better from you

What sort of question is that? Are we expecting a team worth about 10x more than Brentford to beat Brentford at home???! yes.. is that expecting too much??? NOT AT ALL

Totally agree!

Think Gibson's daft comments at the end of last season were going to make a rod for the new manager's back regardless of who they were. Now anytime something goes wrong it's just "Ere m8 wot happnd 2 smashin de leeg?!!!?1"

If we hadn't been assured we were going to smash the league I think people would act a little less incredulously everytime we concede a goal.

With that said today's performance has actually been embarrassing thus far.

I don't think its expecting too much to ask our players to be able to pass and move properly and muster at least 1 shot on target in 45+ minutes of play.

Certainly not with home advantage against an average side like Brentford.

We're 10 games into the season and the team should have done all the "gelling" they need to. The players should know their roles and whats expected of them in any given set-up.

If they don't then questions have to be asked of GM and his coaching staff.

I said I would give Monk 10 games or so before I started to really criticise and while results haven't been too bad so far, 2 successive home defeats against average opposition have to raise some concerns.