oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Brentford 2-2 (Braithwaite, Fabio)

Is it up to us to identify a manager like? Were the Hull fans calling out for Marco Silva a year ago?

Just because there isn't a stand out replacement it doesn't excuse Monk for being useless.

But that's the problem with fans. They have no come back.  Call for the managers head and complain if he's not sacked but couldn't care less if there is actually anyone better available

Couldn't care less if there's anyone better? Of course I care, that sounds like the people wanting Monk out are doing it because of some petty personal vendetta. I want him out because I think he's a terrible manager and they'll be plenty of managers out there who can do a better job.

We look more disorganised and rudderless now than we did under Steve Agnew and that's saying something. None of us wanted Agnew but I think he'd have been doing better than this.

By management standards Monk has won the lottery getting this job, he had a good bunch of Championship players left from last season and a budget to blow most of the league out of the water. This shouldn't be a hard job.

Okay, so for the nth time, WHO?

I can start naming managers but what's the point I'll never win on here. The 'give him time brigade' will just shoot down every suggestion anyway.

If I say move heaven and earth to get Allardyce out of retirement you'll say no chance.

If I pick an ambitious name you'll say too unrealistic.

If I pick someone already in a job you'll say that's not Gibson's style.

If I name a foreign manager you'll say you've never heard of him or its too big a gamble.

If I pick someone like Pardew who's out of work you'll say he's out of work for a reason blah blah blah.

If I was Steve Gibson I'd be using all my contacts in the game to find another Karanka/Jokanovic/Silva type appointment. However I'm someone on a message board I can't go sounding out agents and potential managers, but the club can that's the point.

I refuse to believe that a club our size with our resources can't do better than a failing Garry Monk.

As opposed to the "sack him a quarter of the way into the season" brigade (sorry, you and sanddancer) refusing to name a suitable replacement but wanting him gone anyway?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who want Monk sacked and honestly think Steve Gibson is going to do that at this early stage of the season are living in cloud cuckoo land, it isn't going to happen, we all know Gibbo is renowned for his loyalty and patience, he would doubtless laugh at the suggestion.

Spot on. There is no way Gibbo will sack Monk, he’ll give him a couple of seasons, he always does, so it’s a pointless conversation. Monk needs a decent assistant alongside him ASAP, he’s struggling at the moment without one. The appointment of an assistant manager has to be the number one priority for Gibbo.

There is a huge difference between wanting a manager sacked and thinking that he isn’t doing a good job, or that another manager would have done better.

Monk currently isn’t doing a good job, in my opinion the team have got worse since AK left. That’s not to say that things can’t get better under Monk, it’s possible, but I don’t think he can turn things around without help.

Spot on about him needing an AM as soon as possible, I mentioned it as well but think it went under the radar.

• Like 1

But that's the problem with fans. They have no come back.  Call for the managers head and complain if he's not sacked but couldn't care less if there is actually anyone better available

Couldn't care less if there's anyone better? Of course I care, that sounds like the people wanting Monk out are doing it because of some petty personal vendetta. I want him out because I think he's a terrible manager and they'll be plenty of managers out there who can do a better job.

We look more disorganised and rudderless now than we did under Steve Agnew and that's saying something. None of us wanted Agnew but I think he'd have been doing better than this.

By management standards Monk has won the lottery getting this job, he had a good bunch of Championship players left from last season and a budget to blow most of the league out of the water. This shouldn't be a hard job.

I can start naming managers but what's the point I'll never win on here. The 'give him time brigade' will just shoot down every suggestion anyway.

If I say move heaven and earth to get Allardyce out of retirement you'll say no chance.

If I name a foreign manager you'll say you've never heard of him or its too big a gamble.

If I pick someone like Pardew who's out of work you'll say he's out of work for a reason blah blah blah.

If I was Steve Gibson I'd be using all my contacts in the game to find another Karanka/Jokanovic/Silva type appointment. However I'm someone on a message board I can't go sounding out agents and potential managers, but the club can that's the point.

I refuse to believe that a club our size with our resources can't do better than a failing Garry Monk.

As opposed to the "sack him a quarter of the way into the season" brigade (sorry, you and sanddancer) refusing to name a suitable replacement but wanting him gone anyway?

I named two managers in my last reply.

Monk has to go, he has had ALOT of games now to start getting it right and he still isn't.

Here is a list of people who I think could do the job at least to the same standard of Monk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers

I literally think, telling these players to get back to basics, don't over complicate it and play your normal game should win matches for christs sake. We haen't had what I would call a good result yet all season!!

Haha you named two of the most hated managers on here!

Genuinely wonder why you think Pardew would be better than Monk, in particular.

Pardew has a decent record in this division with a couple of promotions under his belt, lets get this right I'm not saying he should be our next manager but I still think he'd do a far better job than Monk given half the chance.

Like him or not Allardyce is a fantastic manager, I'm not even gonna waste my time arguing that so if you disagree that's fine.

I said what I'd do anyway, I'd be looking on the continent. None of us knew Karanka beforehand, hardly anyone had heard of Marco Silva a year ago, David Wagner was pretty unknown before Huddersfield as was Jokanovic before Watford. 

There are good managers out there.

Monk has to go, he has had ALOT of games now to start getting it right and he still isn't.

Here is a list of people who I think could do the job at least to the same standard of Monk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers

I literally think, telling these players to get back to basics, don't over complicate it and play your normal game should win matches for christs sake. We haen't had what I would call a good result yet all season!!

Gonna put you on ignore now because you're either a moron or on a windup.

And Duvel, and sanddancer.

Spot on Wilson. No ones yet to give a concrete name of who should replace Monk if they want him sacked.

Is it up to us to identify a manager like? Were the Hull fans calling out for Marco Silva a year ago?

Just because there isn't a stand out replacement it doesn't excuse Monk for being useless.

It's not up to you to sack Monk either but you're very confident it's the right decision. But you'd think if you were so confident we were better off without him that you'd have some idea as to who might do a better job.

Absolutely fine and that just show's you are unable to hold a debate.

Absolutely fine and that just show's you are unable to hold a debate.

This ^

I genuinely don't think we've had a good result.. he can't think of one so on the ignore list we go..

Aren't personal insults a temp ban these days too?