oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Brentford 2-2 (Braithwaite, Fabio)

I've said I'd sack Monk if it was up to me, I'm not calling for him to be hung drawn and quartered I just don't think he'll get us promoted.

Unfortunately a small number of people on here simply can't handle an opinion if it is drastically different from their own.

For those calling for bans you need to decide what you want this forum to be, do you want a wide cross section of passionate fans or do you want a private club where everyone has the same opinion.

I try to give reasons for my opinions and respect others and whether you agree with someone or not you should be able to do the same.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Duvel has. He's said we need to get rid now and replace before it's too late. Something to that effect.

Boronut said the words 'Monk has to go'

And he stands by it.

I'd be interested to see a stat around how many teams had this many points at this stage of the season and got promoted.

I imagine it's a fair few.. however it's the poor displays that worry me rather than the points total

People calling for bans because sanddancer doesn't conform to the general opinions lol

It's not that and you know it.

No one called for CT to be banned because he didn't conform, and that's not why people dislike sanddancer either.

It's exactly that.

He's not abusive or rude, he just states what he thinks and people don't agree and think he is a WUM.

This forum is slowly dying a death from the good old years of 2009-2011 and it's people like Sanddancer that spice it up with a different opinion. Hell I think I've posted more in the last 3 days than the last 6 months. Enjoying both sides of the discussion and not getting my knickers in a twist about WUMs and calling people morons etc

Good. Old. Debate.

If he's just stating what he thinks then I fear how reactionary he must be to things in the rest of his life.

He's SO OVERLY negative he's almost a bloody caricature of negative fans.

and ALSO he never really does explain his reasonings and that's half the god damn problem, he just says some patently untrue *** and then leaves, and if you question him on it, this argument breaks out. I'M JUST BEING DIFFERENT, he'll say, and "well explain what you mean then" we'll say and "stop attacking me" he'll say.

I have literally no problem with anyone on here (except one) and I'm all for debate, I disagree with people all the time - CT was a perfect example though of a guy that could argue whatever he wanted and (mostly) everyone respected him because he articulated and thought out his arguments and they were based on evidence. I disagreed with about 99% of what he said, btw, but I liked the bloke.

Unfortunately the mods chased him off the forum basically. 

The day sanddancer pops up with a reasoned, well thought out argument in which he explains why and what caused him to think this way, maybe even some ideas on what needs to change, rather than some reactionary statement with no real substance, is the day I'll try once again to engage him in actual discussion.

Boronut said the words 'Monk has to go'

And he stands by it.

I'd be interested to see a stat around how many teams had this many points at this stage of the season and got promoted.

I imagine it's a fair few.. however it's the poor displays that worry me rather than the points total

People calling for bans because sanddancer doesn't conform to the general opinions lol

No one called for CT to be banned because he didn't conform, and that's not why people dislike sanddancer either.

It's exactly that.

He's not abusive or rude, he just states what he thinks and people don't agree and think he is a WUM.

This forum is slowly dying a death from the good old years of 2009-2011 and it's people like Sanddancer that spice it up with a different opinion. Hell I think I've posted more in the last 3 days than the last 6 months. Enjoying both sides of the discussion and not getting my knickers in a twist about WUMs and calling people morons etc

Good. Old. Debate.

If he's just stating what he thinks then I fear how reactionary he must be to things in the rest of his life.

and ALSO he never really does explain his reasonings and that's half the god damn problem, he just says some patently untrue *** and then leaves, and if you question him on it, this argument breaks out. I'M JUST BEING DIFFERENT, he'll say, and "well explain what you mean then" we'll say and "stop attacking me" he'll say.

I have literally no problem with anyone on here (except one) and I'm all for debate, I disagree with people all the time - CT was a perfect example though of a guy that could argue whatever he wanted and (mostly) everyone respected him because he articulated and thought out his arguments and they were based on evidence. I disagreed with about 99% of what he said, btw, but I liked the bloke.

The day sanddancer pops up with a reasoned, well thought out argument in which he explains why and what caused him to think this way, maybe even some ideas on what needs to change, rather than some reactionary statement with no real substance, is the day I'll try once again to engage him in actual discussion.

I believe you don’t read my posts as they are written is because you approach them with preset attitude. , he just says some patently untrue *** and then leaves. Also you make fictional statements when you quoteI'M JUST BEING DIFFERENT, he'll say, and "well explain what you mean then" we'll say and "stop attacking me" he'll say. I have not made the claim and I have not claimed to be different. I do simplify my posts and give reason for my thoughts, and before you go further I have read through them. Do try to be Pragmatic.

And he stands by it.

It's exactly that.

Good. Old. Debate.

I believe you don’t read my posts as they are written is because you approach them with preset attitude. , he just says some patently untrue *** and then leaves. Also you make fictional statements when you quoteI'M JUST BEING DIFFERENT, he'll say, and "well explain what you mean then" we'll say and "stop attacking me" he'll say.  I have not made the claim and I have not claimed to be different. I do simplify my posts and give reason for my thoughts, and before you go further I have read through them. Do try to be Pragmatic.

Spell checking, calling for bans, it's all this forum seems to offer. There are a lot of over sensitive, opinionated buffoons on here who should not go near the Internet.  The reality is their opinions are only as worthy as someone else's but woe betide anyone who sees things differently in their tiny world. I stopped posting regularly ages ago when it became a pain for a fat fingered / small keyboard person like me too long to g proof read my post so my point is made rather than being concerned about some numpty teachers pet spell checking me all the time.

It's the same people calling for bans, same people who think they are God when it comes to opinions and the same people who have sucked the soul out of the forum the last few years. They think they know more and their opinion is more valid than those who actually just see things differently to them.

I'm all for banter, debate and lively discussion - different opinions make it a better place, but it doesn't work like that here now.

I once said there were a group of Internet bullies on here and still stand by that, they just hound people until another member leaves. Sad and very pathetic really which is probably why the forum is now a soulless breeding ground for mundane, whiney, tedious, monotonous,  boring,  uninteresting,  plebs who are slowly whittling away at the few left on here with any sort of charter,  nous and individuality.

It's exactly that.

Good. Old. Debate.

I believe you don’t read my posts as they are written is because you approach them with preset attitude. , he just says some patently untrue *** and then leaves. Also you make fictional statements when you quoteI'M JUST BEING DIFFERENT, he'll say, and "well explain what you mean then" we'll say and "stop attacking me" he'll say.  I have not made the claim and I have not claimed to be different. I do simplify my posts and give reason for my thoughts, and before you go further I have read through them. Do try to be Pragmatic.

Spell checking, calling for bans, it's all this forum seems to offer. There are a lot of over sensitive, opinionated buffoons on here who should not go near the Internet.  The reality is their opinions are only as worthy as someone else's but woe betide anyone who sees things differently in their tiny world. I stopped posting regularly ages ago when it became a pain for a fat fingered / small keyboard person like me too long to g proof read my post so my point is made rather than being concerned about some numpty teachers pet spell checking me all the time.

It's the same people calling for bans, same people who think they are God when it comes to opinions and the same people who have sucked the soul out of the forum the last few years. They think they know more and their opinion is more valid than those who actually just see things differently to them.

I'm all for banter, debate and lively discussion - different opinions make it a better place, but it doesn't work like that here now.

I once said there were a group of Internet bullies on here and still stand by that, they just hound people until another member leaves. Sad and very pathetic really which is probably why the forum is now a soulless breeding ground for mundane, whiney, tedious, monotonous,  boring,  uninteresting,  plebs who are slowly whittling away at the few left on here with any sort of charter,  nous and individuality.

Agree on so many levels

And he stands by it.

It's exactly that.

Good. Old. Debate.

I believe you don’t read my posts as they are written is because you approach them with preset attitude. , he just says some patently untrue *** and then leaves. Also you make fictional statements when you quoteI'M JUST BEING DIFFERENT, he'll say, and "well explain what you mean then" we'll say and "stop attacking me" he'll say. I have not made the claim and I have not claimed to be different. I do simplify my posts and give reason for my thoughts, and before you go further I have read through them. Do try to be Pragmatic.

Unfortunately I have read every one of your posts and I guess we have different opinions on what a reason is.

And you do come on and say something sensationalist and don't explain yourself, there's absolutely no denying that.

I don't care if your opinion is different I welcome different opinions.

I think you're so negative it's unbelievable though so yeah maybe I have preconceptions of you so when you post something negative it's "here we go again"

its a funny old thread this. the over reactors are over reacting, being shot down as over reactors and then the over sensitive are being over sensitive defending the over reactors for having the right to over react and shooting down the shooter downers of the over reactors. Well now you over sensitive lot need to man up and stop over reacting to the the over reacting reaction causing us to over counter react. understood

its a funny old thread this. the over reactors are over reacting, being shot down as over reactors and then the over sensitive are being over sensitive defending the over reactors for having the right to over react and shooting down the shooter downers of the over reactors. Well now you over sensitive lot need to man up and stop over reacting to the the over reacting reaction causing us to over counter react. understood

Then there is us bystanders, who are void of sensitivity, slow to over react and cant be bothered to be a shooter downerer so we stand and enjoy the entertainment without shooting the sensitivity, reacting to a shooter downerer or being desensitised by an over reacterer.

I see where you are coming from because when a variable is independent, it is not affected at all by any other variable. Which one could argue

a statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved. But I think your postings makes it much more clear.

TBF Brunners, when it comes to pointing out someone else is negative, you were one of the first last season to all but drop interest in a game when a single goal had gone in, regardless of when it was. :D

I don't agree with 99% of what sanddancer says, it is utterly negative and defeatist, but at least he doesn't have the whole "Well your opinion isn't right, you must be brainwashed by the club" complex that CT had.

What the heck has this thread turned into? It is ridiculous and I am saddened that there is so much finger pointing, blaming and tit for tat stupid comments being thrown around willy nilly.

For what it is worth CT was not forced off by moderating action, I know his reasons and gave him plenty of time to change his mind about leaving, I agreed after countless messages to close his account because he would have done so himself had the facility been there for him.

I will not state his reasons but understood them and I can assure you it was nothing moderating wise. Some of us can reach an amicable conclusion by personal messages without broadcasting it to everyone.

This business about SD is tiresome also, as CF mentioned there is an ignore button if you do not want to read his perfectly entitled opinion. Until someone crosses the line then they will always be supported no matter if their views are agreed or not.

Some of you are bullies plain and simple and there is no need for it and maybe part of the reasons that the forum is not what it used to be. The forum for most parts has been self moderating we have had no major issues for quite sometime but the constant harassment that we see at the moment needs to calm down a lot.

What the heck has this thread turned into? It is ridiculous and I am saddened that there is so much finger pointing, blaming and tit for tat stupid comments being thrown around willy nilly.

For what it is worth CT was not forced off by moderating action, I know his reasons and gave him plenty of time to change his mind about leaving, I agreed after countless messages to close his account because he would have done so himself had the facility been there for him.

I will not state his reasons but understood them and I can assure you it was nothing moderating wise. Some of us can reach an amicable conclusion by personal messages without broadcasting it to everyone.

This business about SD is tiresome also, as CF mentioned there is an ignore button if you do not want to read his perfectly entitled opinion. Until someone crosses the line then they will always be supported no matter if their views are agreed or not.

Some of you are bullies plain and simple and there is no need for it and maybe part of the reasons that the forum is not what it used to be. The forum for most parts has been self moderating we have had no major issues for quite sometime but the constant harassment that we see at the moment needs to calm down a lot.

I feel bullied and harrassed by this comment.