oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Brentford 2-2 (Braithwaite, Fabio)

Got a bad feeling Traore will be dropped today.

I hope not. Thought he was one of our better players midweek. Although he did become a bit tired/anonymous in the second half.

He was by far our best player midweek imo, just something about the way him and monk behaved as he was taken off...

If he doesn't get dropped for a straight red after 3 mins I doubt he'll be dropped for having a little huff cause he was subbed.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely NO valid reason not to win. While some have loyally attempted to paper over cracks and justify a poor start, If we don’t win I would be asking question and seriously thinking of making changes at the top.

Seriously, you need to behave yourself now.

You don't half post some utter tripe and then have the audacity to play the victim when called on it.

Nice team, that.

I agree with dropping Fry, the lad is young and making silly mistakes, best to take him out of the firing line for a bit. Give him some u23 games over the international break so he's not rusty when he comes back into the fold.

Interested to see how Shotton performs, personally I think he could be the perfect partner for Gibson so fingers crossed.

Shotton and Braithwaite in for Fry and Baker. Got one of the changes right. Don't particularly agree with the other but we've actively tried to bring in Shotton for most the transfer window so I'm expecting a good start from him. Who knows, maybe it will be the end of all the defensive errors?

Nice team, that.

I agree with dropping Fry, the lad is young and making silly mistakes, best to take him out of the firing line for a bit. Give him some u23 games over the international break so he's not rusty when he comes back into the fold.

Interested to see how Shotton performs, personally I think he could be the perfect partner for Gibson so fingers crossed.

He's with the England U21's

Braithwaite looked technically solid on Tuesday so I'm fairly optimistic of his chances of playing in the #10 role. The one disappointment is that Friend hasn't come in for Fabio as he provides more natural attacking balance. If we don't win today then some big questions will start being asked of Monk.

Happy with that.. Excited to see what Braithwaite can do, and hoping he gets closer to Britt than Baker did.

Shotton will add some muscle to the back line. No harm in dropping Fry, he'll have learned a ton and will take that experience into the England squad plus our U23s and continue to develop.

Agree with others that today is a must win... Any home game against a bottom half team is a must win for a side aiming for top 2. Will do us the world of good to go into the break positive off the back of 3 points.

Got to be close to our strongest starting line up.

It will be nice to see Shotton get his first Boro start - Fry has done well, but Shotton is a far more experienced player.

Braithwaite at 10 is also interesting - potentially lots of attacking intent in this front 4 with support from the full backs.

Fabio maybe on his last chance, needs to improve on his performance against Norwich or I think we will see the return of Friend.