oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

*** it. One going out on a limb and saying everything will click and we'll win 5-0.

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Howson

Traore Baker Braithwaite

The Ass

Goal Scorers:

Braithwaite (2)

The Ass

Baker

Christie

same team and 4-0 was my shout - not only do I hope we put it together but we need to to be frank

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

*** it. One going out on a limb and saying everything will click and we'll win 5-0.

Randolph

Clayton Howson

Traore Baker Braithwaite

The Ass

Goal Scorers:

Braithwaite (2)

The Ass

Baker

Christie

same team and 4-0 was my shout - not only do I hope we put it together but we need to to be frank

I've not seen enough from Baker in league games for him to start. He's talented but not consistent. Bamford for me in that role.

I'll go even further out on a limb and say we'll play crap, it'll be a boring 0-0 up until they score in the 75' and then we get a scrappy goal in 87' and monk lauds his team for their courage and determination in coming from behind, again, again, again.

Sounds unlikely I know but just putting it out there......

AS IF.

:D

I know I get moaned about saying this but simply for me this is a "must win" game if we don't another game goes by where playing catch up becomes more difficult and this is a good week to play catch up

-----------Randolph

Christie--Fry--Gibson--Friend

--------Clayton---Howson

Traore-----Baker------Braithwaite

------Assombalonga

Is the team to start for me. Thought it was harsh to drop Fry in the last game, and he'll be buzzing after playing full 90's in both u21 wins. The only bones of contention should be Fabio or Friend and Howson or Clayton. Need to have settled on a formation and best 11 after the international break, back to basics with 4-2-3-1.

The international breaks have been kind to us, and i dont see this one being any different tbh

Monk had a very similar start at Leeds, but picked up momentum as the season grew.

Has probably mentioned( new forum member) its only really the midfield that there are question marks around, i would like to see Leads and Howson in there if were sticking with 4 2 3 1

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Fabio

Howson Leadbitter

Traore Baker Braithwaite

Britt

Need to see Traore pick up his game as i feel he has let his head drop slightly after the ban.

2-0 Boro

Randolph

Clayton Howson

Traore Baker Braithwaite

The Ass

Goal Scorers:

Braithwaite (2)

The Ass

Baker

Christie

Who the ***'s Frank and why is he so good?

It is absolutely imperative that they start like *** off a stick.

Honestly i would have them foaming at the mouth before they come out the tunnel. We have to start building momentum.

It is absolutely imperative that they start like *** off a stick.

Honestly i would have them foaming at the mouth before they come out the tunnel. We have to start building momentum.

Absolutely. That should be the easiest thing to change and it simply must be corrected straight away.

-----------Randolph

Christie--Fry--Gibson--Friend

--------Clayton---Howson

Traore-----Baker------Braithwaite

------Assombalonga

This does it for me as well.

Got tickets for this so hoping for a solid 3-1 away win to get us back on track.

Reading the predictions and I suspect a very large field of special mushrooms was discovered.

I mean the big score predictions is, to an extent, no less than should be expected. Barnsley are low in the division with only 4 players in their last squad noticeable to the average Boro fan (Jackson (ex-Boro), Hammill, Bradshaw and Fryers). They won that game at Millwall but that was the first win in 5 games.

Our record in the last 5 games isn't anything to shout about either, of course but as is almost always going to be the case this season, as a team of individuals, our team should be considered much better than theirs.

Not to say we should beat them so emphatically but it's at least understandable why some would think so.

I think we'll win but I think it will be a scrappy 1-0. I'd expect no less from a team that has better players but ultimately should be going back to basics. Defend first and we should be capable of nicking a goal.

More of a 'must perform' than a 'must win'... in the sense that there has to be a discernible improvement from the Brentford game. Monk has had two weeks to plan, prepare, and work on the training ground with the majority of his squad. The only way I could accept a draw/defeat is if we play well but it just isn't our day and we get bad luck/bad decisions... if Barnsley outplay us then Monk will be deservedly under big pressure.

I would go with the below and expect a narrow win if we have prepared and start right... play like last week and we will lose:

Randolph

Christie

Fry

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Leadbitter

Traore

Bamford

Braithwaite

Britt

I know it won't get picked but this is the team that would win on Saturday: