oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

I wonder if we may go back to the early season formation? I'd personally start Traore, but I don't think Monk will, and with Braithwaite back, there might be a temptation to go back to Plan A

------------------Randolph------------------

Christie-----Fry----- Gibson-----Friend

--------------------Clayton--------------------

-----Leadbitter/Baker-----Howson-----

--Bamford------------------Braithwaite--

---------------Assombalonga---------------

Go back to the 3 in the middle with the full backs surprising the width.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we may go back to the early season formation? I'd personally start Traore, but I don't think Monk will, and with Braithwaite back, there might be a temptation to go back to Plan A

------------------Randolph------------------

Christie-----Fry----- Gibson-----Friend

--------------------Clayton--------------------

-----Leadbitter/Baker-----Howson-----

--Bamford------------------Braithwaite--

---------------Assombalonga---------------

Go back to the 3 in the middle with the full backs surprising the width.

I actually debated writing out a 4-3-3 formation as I'd prefer Monk to go back to that, I just don't think he will unfortunately

4-3-3 on paper looks to suit us much better as we aren't exactly blessed with qualitiy wingers. Braithwaite is a forward and not a classic winger. Johnson started off really well but I'm not sure he is a first team starter. Downing is gone a winger for me. Can come on to defend a lead and keep the ball. Traore is the only winger with that potential to really do some damage but he is still very inconsistent. Our three best attacking players are all forwards and need to start.

-----------------Randolph

Christie - Fry --- Gibson - Friend

------------Howson - Baker

Traore ----- Bamford - Braithwaite

-----------Assombalonga

I'd go with that, possibly Clayton for Howson but tbh none of the center mids have exactly set the world alight. 

Monk will never have the balls to go with that though.

-----------Assombalonga

I think that formation would either win 4-0 or lose 4-0... I like it  :D

As far as a lot of fans are concerned, you're only as good as your last game. I didn't see Brentford, but heard a few accounts that Clayton was poor. Wouldn't drop him myself, mind.

Leadbitter over Clayton all day long for me so far this season

I sort of understand the Clayton view point because as Boro fans were a sucker for sentiment, and has been a fantastic Boro servant, but looks out of sorts so far this season.

Grant brings a calmer ,more composed head into the midfield for me, controls it far better than Clayton.

Clayton gets the tackles in, and covers ground but so is fast becoming a yellow card liability,

-----------Assombalonga

I think that formation would either win 4-0 or lose 4-0... I like it  :D

I don't think we can start without Clayton and Leadbitter. One but not both. Unless Howson becomes the destroyer. I'd think our midfield would be walked through.

I don't get the people wanting to drop clayton. He's held us together at times and been one of our most reliable this season

I understand people wanting to drop him but I don't agree with it. A bit like our centre halfs he's been exposed quite a few times this season, which has probably made him look poorer than he's actually been performing.

A lot of our shortfalls are coming from a total lack of movement in front of Clayton and the centre halfs when they're bringing the ball out, which frequently makes them look bad because they either have to recycle it, smash a 30yd pass out of play or end up giving it away.