oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

-----------Randolph

Christie--Fry--Gibson--Friend

--------Clayton---Howson

Traore-----Baker------Braithwaite

------Assombalonga

This does it for me as well.

Got tickets for this so hoping for a solid 3-1 away win to get us back on track.

I'd maybe swap bamford for traore or baker. Depends what they've done in training last 2 weeks

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the people wanting to drop clayton. He's held us together at times and been one of our most reliable this season

I understand people wanting to drop him but I don't agree with it. A bit like our centre halfs he's been exposed quite a few times this season, which has probably made him look poorer than he's actually been performing.

A lot of our shortfalls are coming from a total lack of movement in front of Clayton and the centre halfs when they're bringing the ball out, which frequently makes them look bad because they either have to recycle it, smash a 30yd pass out of play or end up giving it away.

I'd agree with this. Clayton when I've seen him has been a one man shield. Yes sometimes he's struggled but that's because he's on his own. Leadbitter looks good when he comes on because then it is him and clayton. I'd really consider playing them both until we have got confidence back

Can't wait for this, first away game of the season and nearly 5k travelling, going to be a cracker!

Just hope the game itself lives up to it :p

If it's a borefest I hope they just let Sir Killalot lose after 20 monies.

Leadbitter over Clayton all day long for me so far this season

I sort of understand the Clayton view point because as Boro fans were a sucker for sentiment, and has been a fantastic Boro servant, but looks out of sorts so far this season.

Grant brings a calmer ,more composed head into the midfield for me, controls it far better than Clayton.

Clayton gets the tackles in, and covers ground but so is fast becoming a yellow card liability,

Welcome to the forum PJ and a valid point.

It is all about personal opinions for me the best we saw with our midfield was against QPR when ironically none of the trusty trio were on the pitch, yep Clayton came off because he was a red card in waiting but I honestly believe that we saw the best out of the team that day.

I think Clayton's been poor this season personally, but can't see him getting dropped. The uproar from the Boro faithful if one of their favourites were dropped and then we lost would be unbearable.

I don't really want another season of the Clayton-Leadbitter partnership tbh, but I agree with above that it wouldn't be a bad idea to play them until confidence increases again.

I would have no qualms in playing Leadbitter and Clayton if Leadbitter is given more freedom to push forward and Clayton stops dropping in to the centre of defence. He doesn't need to baby sit Fry or Gibson by dropping as deep as he does. He can plug the gap they leave by splitting, playing 10 yards further forward.

Difficult to say after 2 weeks away. Monk’s team usually do well after international breaks (apparently) plus 5k away fan is a good thing unless we concede an early goal. Barnsley play a good counter attack game which could really hurt us if we play a 433. I think it’ll all come down to how much confidence the side has and how quickly they start the game. As I said last week I’m not overly enthused by the thought of the game right now.

Well according to FIFA:

5ei9eu.jpg

Highlights can be found 

Barnsley should've won that with some of those chances. And 'Traore No Goal' is all too familiar a sentence.

Was in pure defence mode for the entirety of the second half!