oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I've been preaching the back to basics approach for the past 2 weeks and I still stand by that. I don't think Monk will change his system based on that, he spoke so much about the plan and the progression during his interview on BBC Tees (the segment that was about the Boro) that I think he's going to stick with that.

If it was me, I would go for a 4-2-3-1 for this game:

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Howson

Traore Bamford Braithwaite

Assombalonga

I've got a feeling, given the prior connection, that we might see Fletcher make a return to the starting line-up in a similar set-up to the Wolves game. This is what I think Monk will go with, and certainly in terms of formation (if not personnel), closer to what I want to see in the longer-term:

Randolph

Christie Shotton Gibson Fabio

Howson Clayton Baker

Fletcher Assombalonga Braithwaite

Nervous for tomorrow really need a positive result and quick start would be really nice but not holding my breathe. Anyway ill go for 2-1 boro win as my prediction, Barsnley getting a goal within the first 5 mins and Bamford getting a late goal to win it in the last min to cause absolute scenes in the boro end.

They will set up to frustrate and get the big Boro crowd on the players backs from the off

I am expecting the moans and groans from Boro fans to start around the 10th min if we start as we have been.

Apparently you can pay on the gate in the home end and rumour has it, another 1000+ are making the journey down.

Should be interesting :-)

Sorely tempted to make the journey without a ticket but would need two as Dan would want to come along, really thought a few more tickets would have been allocated for this game.

Anyway I feel we have to start with real intent and vital we score first and preferably in the first half.

Oakwell has been a happy hunting ground on many occasions let's hope today is another one of those trips.

Obviously a win is the only thing that matters but I want to see us starting to play well for a full game at some point.

Hopefully today is the start of things improving.

If it was me, I would go for a 4-2-3-1 for this game:

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Howson

Traore Bamford Braithwaite

Assombalonga

This would be my pick too. Hopefully we'll see it one day.