oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

If it was me, I would go for a 4-2-3-1 for this game:

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Howson

Traore Bamford Braithwaite

Assombalonga

This would be my pick too. Hopefully we'll see it one day.

I'd like to see this too but can't see him picking Bamford at 10.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

got a feeling he will go 433 with two of the forwards playing a touch deeper and wider.

dont think Traore and Bamford will be in the starting 11 . and expect and hope either Fry or Ayala replace Shotton from the last match defensive wise. Friend or Fabio still divides opinion one or the other needs to convince me they are the prefered starter .

my guess is

Randolph

Christie ............Fry................Gibson...........Friend

Baker............Clayton.........Howson

Fletcher.........Assombalonga......Braithwaite

This is a game Boro should be looking to win, but given the way we've blown hot and cold, so far, I wouldn't be hugely upset with a draw.

Would be nice if this was the match where we finally "click" and start looking like automatic promotion contenders...but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Don't see us keeping a clean sheet, so it'll either be 1-1 or 1-2 Boro (stoppage time winner).

I wonder whether its 4-3-3 with Downing in the midfield, happy Ayala starts also, we might actually threaten off a set-piece now. Not sure why Traore isn't even in the squad. Forshaw, Baker and Howson on the bench is pointless.

Trying to make sense of that team, could be Downing central in a 3 and a 4-3-3, more likely Downing on the left, Fletcher right in a 4-2-3-1. Did say I'd expect Fletcher to start.

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Fabio

Clayton Leadbitter

Fletcher Braithwaite Downing

Assombalonga

or

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Fabio

Clayton Leadbitter Downing

Fletcher Assombalonga Braithwaite

I wonder whether its 4-3-3 with Downing in the midfield, happy Ayala starts also, we might actually threaten off a set-piece now. Not sure why Traore isn't even in the squad. Forshaw, Baker and Howson on the bench is pointless.

I'd say downing behind the forward fletcher and braithwaite out wide

Glad about clayton and leads gives us a solidity

Shotton one game and no where near the squad

looks like a team to keep possession to me. no wingers probably means narrow with fletch and downing cutting in with fabio and christie pushing up, because we are going to hold the ball(in theory) it should give us control of the midfield. if we struggle to keep the ball we will be all over the shop again.