oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

Yep think a lot of our players are struggling with the Championship this season, complacency maybe from both players and Monk?

We were only in the premier league for 1 season after 7 in the championship. Our situation is nothing like Villa’s.

Eh? Where did you get Villa from? Was just saying looks like maybe the players and manager expected it to be easier than it is.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything slows down or stops when leadbitter/Clayton come into the equation

You seem unusually pessimistic today. Has reality started to sink in? ;)

Provided we don't concede again, Boro can still get something out of this when our subs come on...I hope...

Promotion chases hoping to rescue a draw.... classic..

I cant remember the last time Gibson and Ayala played well together including under karanka mate must have been the promotion season. It was Chambers and Gibson that were doing defending really well last season.

I'm not sure what point you're making? I said I want Karankas defence back, meaning his defence that could actually defend as opposed to this *** where even Gibson is looking poor, I wasn't necessarily meaning the personnel

i'd do anything to have that 9 man defense back. i used to love the striker up there on his own without another team member within 20 yards of him at home v burton.

Nice to know your memory is going, just like your sense.

i think your forgetting how boring and defensive we were. how many games did you hear commentators say the strikers is sooo isolated. or see for yourself. pretty high percentage wasnt it. or did you forget that karanka sacrificing attacking players over defensive numbers was his thing. numpty.

I think you're forgetting just how dominant we were in the championship under him. I don't care how we play if we are getting results and achieving our goals, in the championship Karanka did that.

I'm going to leave it there as lots don't like mentions of our previous manager, so let's talk about our current manager. Monk has until the end of November to show some kind of plan for me, if we're still doing this crap by then I want him sacked and a new manager in before January.

I cant remember the last time Gibson and Ayala played well together including under karanka mate must have been the promotion season. It was Chambers and Gibson that were doing defending really well last season.

I'm not sure what point you're making? I said I want Karankas defence back, meaning his defence that could actually defend as opposed to this *** where even Gibson is looking poor, I wasn't necessarily meaning the personnel

i'd do anything to have that 9 man defense back. i used to love the striker up there on his own without another team member within 20 yards of him at home v burton.

i think your forgetting how boring and defensive we were. how many games did you hear commentators say the strikers is sooo isolated. or see for yourself. pretty high percentage wasnt it. or did you forget that karanka sacrificing attacking players over defensive numbers was his thing. numpty.

I prefer winning, even if its with 9 players behind the ball. And we did score more goals than Hudds the season we went up comapred to them last season, so all crap we cant been :-P

This is starting to look like Villa last season. Investing heavily, big changes to the team and management and we simply cannot cope with life in the championship. I was really hoping that to day was going to be turning the corner however it just sounds like we cannot change the way we set up and play.

You really have to question just what Monk and the coaching staff have been doing with the players these last few months.

No sense of cohesion within the team, players still making rookie mistakes in defence and poor decisions in attack.

I think you're forgetting just how dominant we were in the championship under him. I don't care how we play if we are getting results and achieving our goals, in the championship Karanka did that.

I'm going to leave it there as lots don't like mentions of our previous manager, so let's talk about our current manager. Monk has until the end of November to show some kind of plan for me, if we're still doing this crap by then I want him sacked and a new manager in before January.

To be fair, I think a lot will want him sacked if we're still gash by end of November.

Yep think a lot of our players are struggling with the Championship this season, complacency maybe from both players and Monk?

We were only in the premier league for 1 season after 7 in the championship. Our situation is nothing like Villa’s.

Eh? Where did you get Villa from? Was just saying looks like maybe the players and manager expected it to be easier than it is.

Sorry jimmy. I was comparing our plight to that of Villa’s, they were accused of a similar thing last season.

The amount of goals we've conceded trying to 'play from the back' has to be closer to 10 than 1 so far that's probably more worrying to me than whether our CDMs can launch the ball forward more that's been called for for 3 years and that hasn't changed I just want us to get smarter on the ball.