oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

Btw guys are we been to critical? I wonder if the club feels its necessary to come back up at the first occasion, apart from Gibsons comment about trying to smash the league but i dont remember him putting a time frame on it. Monk having never got a club up from the championship i wonder if hes been given 2 seasons to do it to build his experience and his team in the first year and the second year is the objective is promotion or to smash the league. By the way thats just me thinking aloud not saying its correct

In defence of Monk this must be the best post to date. Fact is this Monk posting?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw guys are we been to critical? I wonder if the club feels its necessary to come back up at the first occasion, apart from Gibsons comment about trying to smash the league but i dont remember him putting a time frame on it. Monk having never got a club up from the championship i wonder if hes been given 2 seasons to do it to build his experience and his team in the first year and the second year is the objective is promotion or to smash the league. By the way thats just me thinking aloud not saying its correct

In defence of Monk this must be the best post to date. Fact is this Monk posting?

Give it a rest. He was just musing aloud.

I’d hate to go back to those narrow1-0 victories, life under Monk is far more exciting! :(

It was desperately dull and boring a lot of the time, wasn't it?

If Monk can somehow just figure out how to get us to defend, we're golden. ;)

Are we? We're not exactly free scoring at the moment...

14 goals in the last 10 games, its not bad. I think its clear to see our problems are defensively.

That’s 64 Goals over a 46 game season. Unless you have Karanka’s defence that isn’t good enough.

I’d hate to go back to those narrow1-0 victories, life under Monk is far more exciting! :(

No it wasn’t, I was being sarcastic, I enjoyed our championship seasons under AK.

Well the results were nice but the football was awful.

The football was fine we beat Norwich 4-0, hammered Millwall, took apart a good Brighton team, I think you are letting last season taint your memories.

Mate if you're gonna complain when people call you out for your opinions, it seems a little hypocritical to be making sarcy posts about others.

14 goals in the last 10 games, its not bad. I think its clear to see our problems are defensively.

That’s 64 Goals over a 46 game season. Unless you have Karanka’s defence that isn’t good enough.

Yep, and therein lies the problem  :shy:

No it wasn’t, I was being sarcastic, I enjoyed our championship seasons under AK.

Spot on.

At least we have a chance of coming back from behind now too.

Yep, and therein lies the problem  :shy:

well yes but apperently we are boring when play defensive so ;)

That's weird because under Karanka 1.4 goals a game was seen as not enough and defensive football...

Stop making excuses for him, he's been given more than enough resources this season.

Thats not me making excuses for him thats more me questioning the clubs plan more than anything tbh

Fair enough!

With the money Monk has been given Gibson will expect promotion this season imo.

I think Monk is under serious pressure at the moment, Gibson gives managers time but new managers have usually come in when the expectations are lower.

This season is completely different we cannot be drifting away from the playoff positions otherwise Gibson might have to act. History tells you that if you don't bounce back up in your first season you generally go backwards as a club.

Spot on.

At least we have a chance of coming back from behind now too.

Yep, but we have to come back from behind well more often this season, thats not a good trait.