oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we beat Cardiff we can look on this as an OK away point. But we have to be winning games against the bottom half sides if we want to push on. Draws away at Fulham and Villa are fine, but Barnsley should be 3 points.

I agree and sadly we are beginning to see the norm from Boro, we are not as good as all of us hoped we would be and we are not a team that seems capable of pushing for promotion, play off's at the best.

Glad to hear that Monk seems very irked about the performance he has a lot of work to do but I no longer think he is the right man

watched the second half, thought we were pretty good for majority. cant afford to keep going behind though. played away from home dominated but when you gift teams goals it costs you, no matter who your playing. its not 2 points dropped. we went behind twice and got a draw. point earned.

So did leadbitter play well or did he just use the tried and tested method of pulling a name out a hat lol

i wasn't impressed, I watched it on ifollow and Leadbitter played the ball backwards and sideways, turned attack into defence, mistimed tackles and managed at least 3x 360 degree pirouettes on the half way line. He ran around and shouted a lot though.

So did leadbitter play well or did he just use the tried and tested method of pulling a name out a hat lol

Couldn't disagree more with Billy. Thought leadbitter was the driving force of the midfield today - always looking for a forward pass or to find someone in space.

Yeah he had to go sideways and backwards a lot, especially in the first half, but only cause there wasn't any movement in front of him.

Thought Downing played better to be honest, think that was Downings best game for us...maybe ever since his return, he was very good.

I agree and sadly we are beginning to see the norm from Boro, we are not as good as all of us hoped we would be and we are not a team that seems capable of pushing for promotion, play off's at the best.

Glad to hear that Monk seems very irked about the performance he has a lot of work to do but I no longer think he is the right man

Holy.. How DARE you say that? Quickly now, ninja edit that away before the Monk brigade sees it. How can you judge a manager after just 12 games?

2 points dropped, draw isn't good enough.

We had the better chances to score and to win that game. Fletcher should have scored. We should have capitalised on the 3-on-1. We were the better side, but didn't take our chances.

The players have to take some responsibly.

In fact, we've had enough chances to win most of our games.

Not good enough again, we are saying the same every week...... Can't defend, we look disorganised at the back, we start slowly every game. 

How long does Monk need to have us looking like a team?

We could have scored or conceded 4 in that game, for the squad we have we shouldn't be involved in these ding dong, end to end games against teams in the bottom half of the table.

Leadbitter had a shocker? Have we just watched a different match? At the heart of everything good we've done today. The attempted lob was a bit daft but most his decisions today were absolutely spot on and you could see him visibly guiding the team through the game.

2nd half was much better. We simply ran out of steam by the end, I'm sat at home and even I was running out of breath with the pace of the game. 67% possession overall in the game and some of it was quite effective. Barnsley were stubborn and their keeper was winning everything in the air. They defended very well when it mattered. If it wasn't for 2 ***e bits of defending from us, we'd have won that game.

After the ***e of the last two games, this was a huge improvement. We looked a threat at times and we very much looked in control. Our movement was spot on, the front 4 was all over the place creating spaces and creating a bit of havoc. In the first half we looked off the pace in pieces, but we still managed to keep hold of the ball much better.

Overall I'm happy with that performance. The result is still a concern but if we shore up at the back, the results will come.