oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

So did leadbitter play well or did he just use the tried and tested method of pulling a name out a hat lol

Couldn't disagree more with Billy. Thought leadbitter was the driving force of the midfield today - always looking for a forward pass or to find someone in space.

Yeah he had to go sideways and backwards a lot, especially in the first half, but only cause there wasn't any movement in front of him.

Thought Downing played better to be honest, think that was Downings best game for us...maybe ever since his return, he was very good.

Completely agree Brunners. Don't say that very often but on Leadbitter and Downing, spot on.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

2 points dropped, draw isn't good enough.

We had the better chances to score and to win that game. Fletcher should have scored. We should have capitalised on the 3-on-1. We were the better side, but didn't take our chances.

The players have to take some responsibly.

In fact, we've had enough chances to win most of our games.

This does have to be taken into consideration.

I don't think Monk has started strongly at all, he's all over the place tactically, there's no clear shape or system and he keeps swapping the defence and systems around. 

HAVING SAID THAT, when they get out on the pitch, the players are making individual mistakes that he can't entirely legislate for, and we're missing chances that we really shouldn't be missing.

You're right, Fletcher should have scored today, and we should have scored on the 3v1 as well - what is Monk supposed to do when we regularly miss absolutely golden chances like that?

Not good enough again, we are saying the same every week...... Can't defend, we look disorganised at the back, we start slowly every game. 

How long does Monk need to have us looking like a team?

We could have scored or conceded 4 in that game, for the squad we have we shouldn't be involved in these ding dong, end to end games against teams in the bottom half of the table.

"for the squad that we have..." Maybe Boro fans tend to overestimate the clubs signings.

I remember last season most said that we had done very well in the transfer window. The same optimism is around this season. Maybe the problem isn't Monk, maybe the players aren't as good as we think they are.

Not good enough again, we are saying the same every week...... Can't defend, we look disorganised at the back, we start slowly every game. 

We could have scored or conceded 4 in that game, for the squad we have we shouldn't be involved in these ding dong, end to end games against teams in the bottom half of the table.

"for the squad that we have..." Maybe Boro fans tend to overestimate the clubs signings.

I remember last season most said that we had done very well in the transfer window. The same optimism is around this season. Maybe the problem isn't Monk, maybe the players aren't as good as we think they are.

Then we realy overspent and could have bought cheaper players.

I agree and sadly we are beginning to see the norm from Boro, we are not as good as all of us hoped we would be and we are not a team that seems capable of pushing for promotion, play off's at the best.

Glad to hear that Monk seems very irked about the performance he has a lot of work to do but I no longer think he is the right man

Holy.. How DARE you say that? Quickly now, ninja edit that away before the Monk brigade sees it. How can you judge a manager after just 12 games?

Nics... don't be that guy

A dozen games gone and we're looking far from a promotion chasing side, Leadbitter may have played well today but Leadbitter and Clayton together is taking a backwards step or many passes backwards with these two in the side.

*sigh*

Yeah, let's go back to Norwich and Brentford when most the passes were forward. And we never kept the ball at all. We passed to their midfield or defence.

Keeping the ball is imperative to getting back to winning ways. We'll do ourselves even more harm by pretending every pass we make has to be a forward one.

Just cannot understand on the back of that display why people are complaining about the passing. The reason we dropped 2 points today is that we failed to defend 2 crosses. Nothing else. We actually deserved the 2 goals we scored today unlike the Brentford game.

i agree with that, start of second half we moved the ball about and made sure barnsley never got a sniff unlike the first half. we were trying to avoid the ding dong battle.

but unfortunately when the home team camps on their 18 yard line for most of the half and hoofed it longer and longer the later it got, their breaking play up tactics worked some what. they worked hard to stop us playing. and managed to dragged the game to their level i thought. we were miles better but unable to untilise our better players on a horrible bobbly pitch with a ref who also loved breaking the play up giving free kicks every 30 seconds.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. I'd expect any manager to be able to get us to do the absolute basics of football far better. It's like a throwbaćk to us under Mowbray - albeit with a far higher squad quality and budget. It's fundamental flaws. We can't afford to let this season drift by.

So did leadbitter play well or did he just use the tried and tested method of pulling a name out a hat lol

Couldn't disagree more with Billy. Thought leadbitter was the driving force of the midfield today - always looking for a forward pass or to find someone in space.

Yeah he had to go sideways and backwards a lot, especially in the first half, but only cause there wasn't any movement in front of him.

Thought Downing played better to be honest, think that was Downings best game for us...maybe ever since his return, he was very good.

Ive commented about this before when ive went to games the team seems to be statues when players like Leadbitter or Clayton have got the ball and want to play it forward thats not coaching fault for me thats bloody laziness of players not to make movement. Ive said this before but teams like Preston id have any day over this team and not because Preston are better than us becuase individually they are not, but they do want it more and are prepared to get stuck in and work hard for the 90 mins not just in the second half or when we go behind. If this team think they are the best team in the league which i suspect they do they need to be snapped back into reality you need to earn that honour which they haven't by any stretch of the imagination. 

Im not going to blame it all on the team, i reckon monk not putting an impact player like Adama or Johnson on the bench was a mistake that could have made a difference in the second half to try and get the winning goal.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. I'd expect any manager to be able to get us to do the absolute basics of football far better. It's like a throwbaćk to us under Mowbray - albeit with a far higher squad quality and budget. It's fundamental flaws. We can't afford to let this season drift by.

I said the same to my mates at the Brentford game this looks exactly like it did under Mowbray, we are wide open defensively and you don't have a clue how the game is gonna end up. Every game is end to end almost like a cup tie. 

People can argue all they want but WE HAVE THE PLAYERS to be performing better than this.

I agree and sadly we are beginning to see the norm from Boro, we are not as good as all of us hoped we would be and we are not a team that seems capable of pushing for promotion, play off's at the best.

Glad to hear that Monk seems very irked about the performance he has a lot of work to do but I no longer think he is the right man

Holy.. How DARE you say that? Quickly now, ninja edit that away before the Monk brigade sees it. How can you judge a manager after just 12 games?

Not long ago Sanddancer, or some other guy or girl, criticised Monk. He was shot down for his comment, and possibly for having his own opinion on the matter. I don't see what has changed so much after 2 games. 

My comment is clearly tongue in cheek, but it seems many is hopping on sanddancer's (?) train. Choo chooooooo

Not long ago Sanddancer, or some other guy or girl, criticised Monk. He was shot down for his comment, and possibly for having his own opinion on the matter. I don't see what has changed so much after 2 games. 

My comment is clearly tongue in cheek, but it seems many is hopping on sanddancer's (?) train. Choo chooooooo

Me and sanddancer have been saying the same thing for weeks and its upset a lot of people on here. If you look on social media/fmttm or listen to the phone-in; the majority of fans are also questioning Monk. 

This is the only place where the majority seem to be backing him.

I thought they were Monks signings?

A dozen games gone and we're looking far from a promotion chasing side, Leadbitter may have played well today but Leadbitter and Clayton together is taking a backwards step or many passes backwards with these two in the side.

*sigh*

Yeah, let's go back to Norwich and Brentford when most the passes were forward. And we never kept the ball at all. We passed to their midfield or defence.

Keeping the ball is imperative to getting back to winning ways. We'll do ourselves even more harm by pretending every pass we make has to be a forward one.

Just cannot understand on the back of that display why people are complaining about the passing. The reason we dropped 2 points today is that we failed to defend 2 crosses. Nothing else. We actually deserved the 2 goals we scored today unlike the Brentford game.

Sigh all you want,when your passing the ball forward to the oppositions midfield and defence that's got nowt to do with keeping the ball that's simply bad play from our midfield.

I don't recall his opinion being shot down as much as his delivery of it. That's what I was getting on about your post above. I will listen to you (or anybody) if you want shot of Monk or not. It's the pre-emptive sarcastic strike that irked me.