oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping Karanka would probably have been better for us this season. Face it, the man knows how to get his players to play as a team and defend.

Especially considering Gibson's plan (or blatant lack thereof) was to replace him with Agnew until the end of the season and inevitable relegation.

But hey, you can't go back. Monk is our manager and he needs time to get things right with this team. If we're still midtable at Christmas, then we can start to worry.

Keeping Karanka would probably have been better for us this season. Face it, the man knows how to get his players to play as a team and defend.

Especially considering Gibson's plan (or blatant lack thereof) was to replace him with Agnew until the end of the season and inevitable relegation.

But hey, you can't go back. Monk is our manager and he needs time to get things right with this team. If we're still midtable at Christmas, then we can start to worry.

couldnt agree more - the "fans" got what they wanted, they booed and jeered the man who had the best record of any boro manager and got us to the promised land. since the day he left our same defence has went from not only the best in the championship but 5th in the prem to inept - do we have a stats guy who can show how many goals our defence (improved by Christie I think) has shipped since AK went?

footnote - did anyone gear the boos start then get swamped by "boro we love you?  hats off to every true boro fan who backed the players and a "go support the barcodes" to the boo boys. 

when I find how to give you a +1  it's yours.

Apart from the first 20minutes of the game yesterday, we dominated the game and created chance after chance.

I don't think that yesterday was too far off being Monk's starting 11.

For me I would bring Friend in for Fabio as we had no balance playing 2 right footers on the left hand side.

Defensively fabio is clueless!

Bamford, for me I don't understand the hype around him anymore and would be looking at selling in January.

For someone who comes off the bench he should be chomping at the bit and trying to change/influence the game, and the lad doesn't even look interested.

For the record, I didn't want to appoint Monk in the summer I wanted a more experienced manager like Pardew. However we all know Gibson and there is no way he is going to rid of Monk before the end of the season, as it's not his style.

Fletcher for me yesterday was shocking, the lad runs around all day but his finishing, touch and awareness is shocking at times.

I would rather play Braithwaite up front or in the hole and put fletcher out on the left wing.

Leadbitter and Downing were our outstanding performers yesterday and their experience is second to none.

We always look a better side with those 2 playing, yet they still seem to be the fans whipping boys when things are not getting right.

I believe Monk will turn this around soon, defensive shape needs working on as all season we have sat too deep, when we press and lose the ball then you are always vulnerable.

Let's get behind the team rather than booing this early in the season.

Apart from the first 20minutes of the game yesterday, we dominated the game and created chance after chance.

I don't think that yesterday was too far off being Monk's starting 11.

For me I would bring Friend in for Fabio as we had no balance playing 2 right footers on the left hand side.

Defensively fabio is clueless!

Bamford, for me I don't understand the hype around him anymore and would be looking at selling in January.

For someone who comes off the bench he should be chomping at the bit and trying to change/influence the game, and the lad doesn't even look interested.

For the record, I didn't want to appoint Monk in the summer I wanted a more experienced manager like Pardew. However we all know Gibson and there is no way he is going to rid of Monk before the end of the season, as it's not his style.

Fletcher for me yesterday was shocking, the lad runs out all day but his finishing, touch and awareness is shocking at times.

I would rather play Braithwaite up front or in the hole and put fletcher out on the left wing.

Leadbitter and Downing were our outstanding performers yesterday and their experience is second to none.

We always look a better side with those 2 playing, yet they still seem to me the fans whipping boys when things are not getting right.

I believe Monk will turn this around soon, defensive shape needs working on as all season we have sat too deep, when we press and lose the ball then you are always vulnerable.

Let's get behind the team rather than booing this early in the season.

I would say we looked the better team yesterday but I'm not sure we dominated. After we equalised in the second half they probably had the best chance to win where they hit the post. It was pretty end to end at times and while we had more possession I certainly didn't ever feel like we were in control.

I agree with you about Downing and Leadbitter, they were both excellent. I was arguing on here all summer about how important Leadbitter and Clayton are to our team. Some people just don't see it unfortunately.

I also agree with you about Fletcher, the lad is very raw and just not ready yet to be playing regularly for us. In an ideal world I'd have Britt, Bamford and Braithwaite ahead of him in the pecking order. Id probably even have Gestede ahead of him as a plan B, we'd be better sending Fletcher out on loan where he learn the game and make his mistakes for someone else.

It would be criminal to sell Bamford in January, with a run in the team he'll score a bag full of goals in this division. I fear we'll sell him and end up regretting it for a long time. Like I said I'd rather get Fletcher out on loan and give Bamford regular football, sulking won't help Bamfords cause but it's probably difficult not to sulk when Fletcher is getting a game ahead of him and he couldn't lace Bamford' s boots.

couldnt agree more - the "fans" got what they wanted, they booed and jeered the man who had the best record of any boro manager and got us to the promised land. since the day he left our same defence has went from not only the best in the championship but 5th in the prem to inept - do we have a stats guy who can show how many goals our defence (improved by Christie I think) has shipped since AK went?

footnote - did anyone gear the boos start then get swamped by "boro we love you?  hats off to every true boro fan who backed the players and a "go support the barcodes" to the boo boys. 

Exactly.

Exactly.

Don't confuse a minority with the majority.

Well it shows how low we have now set the bar when we class Karanka as a good manager. It’s also a statement about Monk capability, but lets face it, SG has appointed some shear dross. I may be clocking on a bit but my memory is fresh enough to remember being repeatedly hammered week after week, playing the same stagnant formation. I can recall criticism of anyone but himself and the politics he openly aired. As for Monk, at start of the season I stated something on the lines, 4-6 games in we would have a good indication of where we would be heading. I got absolutely slaughtered. The reason I made the statement is I doubted Monks capability. Also in a short period of time you can see and feel when someone is a good leader because it amplifies to those around and eventually proven by statistics. Monk has been lucky due to international breaks to sort out tactics. If this is the results of Monks improvement then I can only imagine he was indicating sitting bottem without them. The gelling period has long gone, still don’t get whet the hell gelling is, or needed, and I don’t belive anyone in the league is worried about this team. We started with a big team tag, well that’s about to be lost shortly, so if no improvement is made very quickly the advantage is lost.

Karanka wasn't a good manager but ill tell you what Karanka did have a plan, which he stuck too like glue so everybody (love or hate it) understood the plan thats the difference between monk and karanka. Monk doesn't know to get his plan to work yet with the players he has. I reckon monk wont be allowed by the fans time they'll lose patience because of the money spent whereas Karanka had the time because of the lack of expectation when he took over. My gut tells me Gibson will give me Monk to 10 games into next season or so to get it right and alot of the fans will drift away out of frustration but they both have the long term plan in mind whereas the fans have the short term plan in mind. I actually dont think Monk is bothered about the back 4 that much i reckon the strategy is going to be to outscore the opposition week in week out, which will be exciting be like a poor mans man city but not sure effective only time will tell.