oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City 0-1

For sure, Ayala gave the ball away that lead to the 2nd goal. Don't think he could have done much about the cross at that point though.

We got dragged all over the place for the second goal. Ayala was at RB clayton and leadbitter got dragged over to the rh side leaving their midfielder to run into the box unmarked.

The ball in was really awkward for the keeper (it was deflected off Ayala causing it to loop up and down). If Randolph have come or stayed he was in trouble either way.

The key issue for that goal, and I hope it's been identified by management, is that when Ayala was dragged out of position, we should have protected the central area much better.

Clayton tucked in (something Howson wouldn't have done as well) but Fabio is ineffective at covering in those situations.

Friend is much better at this. Had he been on the pitch he would have gotten something on that ball, whereas Fabio was nowhere near. It's not something that would get reported, but the amount of times Friend gets his head (or something) on the ball in a scramble is a huge asset.

Plus, as it's been mentioned, Fabio keeps pulling up with cramp and playing on regardless. I hope someone is looking at his diet/fluid intake because that's not right.

I'd give Friend and Ayala a good run for as long as possible. I like Fry, but Ayala has a magnet in his head. Fry can learn a lot from Ayala and there's no urgent need to rush him into the team.

Downing played well - maybe he likes playing on the right? He did that a lot when he was at Villa, swapping wings with Young on the other side.

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Christie -- Ayala --- Gibson -- Friend --

--------- Clayton ------ Leadbitter --------- 

-- Downing -- Braithwaite -- Bamford --

-------------- Assombalonga -------------- 

I'd like to see this, with Downing/Bamford rotating around Braithwaite (who is looking a great player), but pretty sure Fletcher will get the nod over Bamford, which is ok by me. Fletcher seems to be getting a bit more confidence, his touch seems to be improving game by game.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Christie -- Ayala --- Gibson -- Friend --

This team.

I really don't like the idea Bamford on the left-wing. I'd much prefer Bamford and Downing or Braithwaite switch places.

He's pretty much all left foot but he can't cross a ball. Seems a waste sticking him out on the left.

I vividly remember giving stuani a 3 away to sunderland.

-- Christie -- Ayala --- Gibson -- Fabio --

This team.

Revised.

(Downing, Braithwaite and Bamford all interchangeable. Similar to the start of the season.)

I really don't like the idea Bamford on the left-wing. I'd much prefer Bamford and Downing or Braithwaite switch places.

He's pretty much all left foot but he can't cross a ball. Seems a waste sticking him out on the left.

As Humpty said, the three behind Britt would be more fluid than rigidly sticking to roles.

Ok after some thought id go for -

.....................Randolph.....................

Christie....Gibson....Fry.........Friend (nothing against Fabio just give him some resting time)

..................Leadbitter..Clayton..........

Bamford.......Braithwaite.......... Fletcher

.......................Britt.....................................

I think he will go for Ayala, fabio, Howson and Downing instead of Friend,fry, leadbitter and Bamford tbh but we shall see. What ever team he puts out we must get this "its ok to start badly, as long as show resolve" thing out of our heads for this one, we have got to press and get on the front foot because cardiff can match us blow for blow it wont be like qpr where they'll sit back and let us get back into it by just been hard to play against.

I think we might see the same team as last week but Adama in for Fletcher.

Traore - Downing - Braithwaite

Assombalonga

Braithwaite off the left because he will naturally get in the box for the crosses Adama will inevitably provide. I think that was the planned team for Barnsley aswell but for the bus incident. No proof mind just my opinion.

Assombalonga

Braithwaite off the left because he will naturally get in the box for the crosses Adama will inevitably provide. I think that was the planned team for Barnsley aswell but for the bus incident. No proof mind just my opinion.

You might be right, but my mate said he saw a leaked team late on Friday that ended up being the correct one, so if that's the case, Adama was only due to be on the bench anyway.

Assombalonga

You might be right, but my mate said he saw a leaked team late on Friday that ended up being the correct one, so if that's the case, Adama was only due to be on the bench anyway.

Wasn’t Traore late for the bus on Friday afternoon? If that was the case, he may have been in the original starting lineup which would have been changed before Friday evening.

Assombalonga

Wasn’t Traore late for the bus on Friday afternoon? If that was the case, he may have been in the original starting lineup which would have been changed before Friday evening.

I doubt that's the case because it wouldn't make sense for him to be dropped to the bench because he missed the bus, then the next day dropped from the squad all together.

I assume going by what Tom said that if the team-sheet said he was on the bench that was his planned inclusion before needing to change it. If the leaked team sheet had no mention of him at all, it could well have changed as a response to Traore's absence and he may have been in the first team.