oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City 0-1

Duvel..

I think Fletcher was brought in to replace Bamford, I think the plan was to sell Bamford before the window closed which never materialised.

Same goes for Howson for Leadbitter how goes that plan.

Leadbitter as proven a far better leader in my opinion than Howson will ever be. Monk as his favourites that is obvious and he is a cocky sod as well. Its just a pity that Gibson will wait until Feb/March before he admits his mistake in putting this upstart in the managers seat. By that time it will be to late for the playoffs and we may well be still in the championship in 18/19 season.

Thats if we ain't fighting relegation at the end of this season.

I just cannot understand why one of the most inexperienced managers Boro have ever had has been backed with so much money.

AK could well have done with some of it in January to save Boro but was never given it.

I didn't mind the idea of signing another CM if we knew De Roon was leaving but at the moment Howson hasn't been an upgrade whatsoever.

One thing I would say is that Monk clearly isn't getting the best out of Karanka's players like Gibson and Clayton. Maybe that's the case for the new signings as well, hopefully there's a lot more to come from the likes of Howson whether that comes under Monk or more likely IMO someone else.

Whilst it may well be accurate to say that Gibson and Clayton are not playing as well under Monk as they were under Karanka.  Downing has gone from poor to something much much better.  It looks as though Monk and co have found a way of getting a lot more out of him.  Maybe there are one or two more who could follow Downing's example then we might really start playing

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I tweeted on Saturday that i've seen enough to suggest we aren't going to be promoted with this management team in charge this season. I've not changed my mind since.

With this squad and the support he's had, that's quite frankly criminal.

I tweeted on Saturday that i've seen enough to suggest we aren't going to be promoted with this management team in charge this season. I've not changed my mind since.

With this squad and the support he's had, is quite frankly criminal.

You are very much in the majority I think.

With this squad and the support he's had, is quite frankly criminal.

The crowd is growing you are not, on your own. Just be cautious though, there may still be some favouring gelling.

Any preference to who you'd want to replace the management team of Monk went Humpty?

Any preference to who you'd want to replace the management team of Monk went Humpty?

Just to point out, this isn't a valid argument against sacking a manager.

Oh it wasn't supposed to be! I was just curious to who he'd want if Monk went. Nothing to do with whether to sack him or not.

If your only valid replacement was someone predictably worse, I'd say it's quite a reasonable argument. Like sacking Gareth Southgate for Gordon Strachan, I'd say that's a pretty good example of going from bad to worse.

It's not down to us to pick a replacement but if the chairman looks at the available options and says we can't do better than Garry Monk, why sack him?

Didn't get to see the game, what was the crowd reaction like at full time?

I'm all for consistency but will be disappointed if Traore or Fletcher start at Reading. Genuinely just a bit bored of Traore now.. he played well once against the worst team in the league and is now becoming a distraction who costs us points. Would swap him back for Adomah any day!

No idea how Fletcher continues to get a game... what is the point of a professional footballer who can't control a ball? Unless someone is seeing something that I'm not, he's simply not very good. Would much prefer Gestede.

Next 4 games monk needs to nail down the way he wants to play and stick with it. If it doesn't work then fair enough but at the moment it seems he's diluting what he wants for instant points. If he gets sacked for that he will regret not giving himself a chance