oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City 0-1

Maybe Koeman will be available later today

Never thought I would find myself feeling sorry for Wayne Rooney...

Just shows you no matter how bad things are at Boro, there's usually someone who's got it even worse. ;)

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This Bournemouth game couldn't be coming at a worse time really could it. We always get pumped there.

I actually wonder if it's coming at the best time. It's one hell of a tough game we're going in to, especially at their ground, but if I was Monk, I'd be telling them to try and relax and just play their game knowing that no result is required from the game. Having watched the highlights of the game against Cardiff, I think confidence is just so low at the moment we don't have any real conviction in what we do and whilst there's so much pressure coming from the stands, each game must feel like a huge burden on the players at the moment.

This game should be completely different. We're expected to lose on all fronts, not just because our form is terrible but because Bournemouth are actually meant to be a better side than us unlike most teams we play in the Championship. Losing changes nothing other than giving us one less game to play later on.

Most of the successful managers these days tend to be foreign. If Gibbo refuses to appoint a manager due to his nationality then I seriously despair. Apart from it being narrow minded it’s also illegal to not employ someone due to their country of birth.

The 2 managers that I mentioned are young progressive managers that are both doing well in the Spanish second division, there are many others around the world that are thriving, let’s not kid ourselves that there are no options out there, it’s down to Gibbo to find the right one.

True, but good luck proving that.

If he only shortlist’s and interview British candidates that would probably be fairly conclusive evidence.

We are looking at managers with experience of the league.......that rules out almost all foreign managers

He already thought he found the right one. But if people have trouble getting behind a young unproven English manager who they actually know, how are they going to get behind a young unproven Spaniard?

Not that that is the be all and end all but if you sack the manager right now and replace him with someone who the fans don't even know, it's hardly going to change a lot of people's perspectives on the future.

It’s easy for a young unproven manager of any nationality to get the fans backing. All they have to do is look like they know what they are doing, look like they have an actual plan and start climbing the table.

We did it with Karanka.

Exactly right the nationality of the manager is irrelevant to the fans, all we want is the team looking organised and having some direction.

If Gibson is limiting the club to British players and a British manager he's a fool.

Braithwaite says he will buy foreign players ..and Christie is Welsh :)

He already thought he found the right one. But if people have trouble getting behind a young unproven English manager who they actually know, how are they going to get behind a young unproven Spaniard?

Not that that is the be all and end all but if you sack the manager right now and replace him with someone who the fans don't even know, it's hardly going to change a lot of people's perspectives on the future.

It’s easy for a young unproven manager of any nationality to get the fans backing. All they have to do is look like they know what they are doing, look like they have an actual plan and start climbing the table.

We did it with Karanka.

Exactly right the nationality of the manager is irrelevant to the fans, all we want is the team looking organised and having some direction.

If Gibson is limiting the club to British players and a British manager he's a fool.

Irish isn't he? :)

We did it with Karanka.

Irish isn't he? :)

Same thing

Out of interest, what would people do differently to what Monk is doing?

The only one for me would be to play a 4231 with the basis of our promotion season, with that spine. I'd also replace Ayala for Fry and play Bamford over Fletcher.

Apart from that, what else would people like changed? Not having a go, just interested is all

I agree with your changes MBP, but at this stage It's not just about formation or line ups - there seems to be zero coaching happening.

Before Karanka arrived, we were making a lot of mistakes. Karanka turned the same team into a unit and made players like Ayala look top class. Karanka has his limitations, but he got the basics right.

Under Monk we are lost.

I’ve calmed down now so can reflect on yesterday, we didn’t deserve to lose but we certainly didn’t deserve to win, good performances from Leadbitter, Downing, Braithwaite & Fabio, poor performances from Howson, Brit & Fletcher,. What I can’t understand is what formation/ positions we were playing, I don’t mind wingers changing sides but yesterday the front 3 kept changing position so no one knew who was where, Brit kept dropping into midfield, we need shape and organisation, at times it looked like a free for all, Why didn’t Christie once go forward ? Bamford linked up play well. Been the eternal optimist I still think we’ll make the playoffs but we have to end this rut now, play what he thinks his our best team on a formation that he thinks is best and stick to it, starting at Bournemouth

I’ve calmed down now so can reflect on yesterday, we didn’t deserve to lose but we certainly didn’t deserve to win, good performances from Leadbitter, Downing, Braithwaite & Fabio, poor performances from Howson, Brit & Fletcher,. What I can’t understand is what formation/ positions we were playing, I don’t mind wingers changing sides but yesterday the front 3 kept changing position so no one knew who was where, Brit kept dropping into midfield, we need shape and organisation, at times it looked like a free for all, Why didn’t Christie once go forward ? Bamford linked up play well. Been the eternal optimist I still think we’ll make the playoffs but we have to end this rut now, play what he thinks his our best team on a formation that he thinks is best and stick to it, starting at Bournemouth

Is your view on Howsons performance of poor based purely on his slip in the centre circle? Amazing how the same players get unjustified stick each game.