oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City 0-1

Few changes as possible, we really need some form of consistency in terms of formation/selection, hopefully that’ll breed some consistent performances.

Probably only swap out fletcher for Johnson/traore and maybe friend for Fabio. I think friend has been a bit of victim of monks random formation/selection generator, might fair better with a bit more solidity in front of him and when I’ve watched Fabio is been questionable defensively.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Howson back at some point but don't think todays the right day.

-------------------- Randolph--------------------

Christie ------ Ayala ---- Gibson ----- Friend

------------ Leadbitter ----- Clayton -----------

Bamford --------- Braithwaite -------- Downing

-------------------- Assombalonga --------------

Doubt this will be the lineup, but it's what I'd choose!

Do you think that this team under Karanka would be higher in the table?

I sometimes think yes, but then I think we wouldn't have scored as many goals. So it's a catch 22.

Under Karanka we were crying out for more attacking nous in our game, but at the time the majority said that they would accept conceding more to scoring more?

I think that in the majority of games we have done enough to win games, but not come away with the points.

I think ironically the games monk has lost, Karanka would have won and vice versa.

A Karanka team wouldn't have come from behind as much as we have done this season, but then I don't think we would have gone behind as much as we have done under Monk.

We all know we're under performing, but at least we're not a million miles away (3 wins off the top). The good thing is we can get a run going and build a head of steam.

Braithwaite is back and he will be class. Bamford hasn't played much and we've made individual errors. If we rectify those issues I think we will move up the table.

We need a positive victory today. A loss would be inexcusable. We need to make up ground against the teams around us to ensure we keep moving forward.

A tight game but I am praying for a Boro win.

2-1 heart

1-1 head.

I fancy us to nick this so I'm going 2-1, the top teams play with a settled back 4 and we have to start doing the same to gain any consistency, and stop leaking silly goals, Gibbo has had 3 defensive partners so far and that's not good. this early in the season.

I sometimes think yes, but then I think we wouldn't have scored as many goals. So it's a catch 22.

Under Karanka we were crying out for more attacking nous in our game, but at the time the majority said that they would accept conceding more to scoring more?

I think that in the majority of games we have done enough to win games, but not come away with the points.

I think ironically the games monk has lost, Karanka would have won and vice versa.

A Karanka team wouldn't have come from behind as much as we have done this season, but then I don't think we would have gone behind as much as we have done under Monk.

We all know we're under performing, but at least we're not a million miles away (3 wins off the top). The good thing is we can get a run going and build a head of steam.

Braithwaite is back and he will be class. Bamford hasn't played much and we've made individual errors. If we rectify those issues I think we will move up the table.

We need a positive victory today. A loss would be inexcusable. We need to make up ground against the teams around us to ensure we keep moving forward.

2-1 heart

1-1 head.

There's no doubt in my mind that this team would be higher up the table if Karanka was in charge.

We haven't scored any more than a Karanka team, in our promotion season we averaged 1.4 goals per game. This season so far we've averaged 1.25 goals per game, and that is with us having a favourable start.

2-1 heart

1-1 head.

There's no doubt in my mind that this team would be higher up the table if Karanka was in charge.

We haven't scored any more than a Karanka team, in our promotion season we averaged 1.4 goals per game. This season so far we've averaged 1.25 goals per game, and that is with us having a favourable start.

I think last season have made people forget that we actually scored goals under Karanka in the Championship

In our promotion season we scored more goals in our first 12 games than we have under Monk. We also conceded less.

Kike, Stuani, Nugent and Fabbrini were a more potent force than Assombalonga, Bamford, Braithwaite, Fletcher and Gestede!

What does that say about our current situation?

In our promotion season we scored more goals in our first 12 games than we have under Monk. We also conceded less.

Kike, Stuani, Nugent and Fabbrini were a more potent force than Assombalonga, Bamford, Braithwaite, Fletcher and Gestede!

It says (maybe) that we should give Monk a full season before he Gets it right too :s

Karanka was part of the furniture by the time he started his promotion season. If he wasn't doing better than this with another year under his belt, he probably would have been sacked. That doesn't mean we apply the rules from potential Year 5 for Karanka to Year 1 for Monk. I highly doubt anyone will be willing to give Monk as long as Karanka got to get it right.

It says (maybe) that we should give Monk a full season before he Gets it right too :s

Yeah he shouldn’t be judged after 12 games, he’ll be given plenty of time to get the team to gel, but I wish we still had Kike and Stuani in the squad.

Karanka was part of the furniture by the time he started his promotion season. If he wasn't doing better than this with another year under his belt, he probably would have been sacked. That doesn't mean we apply the rules from potential Year 5 for Karanka to Year 1 for Monk. I highly doubt anyone will be willing to give Monk as long as Karanka got to get it right.

But everyone hated AK’s tactics, we never scored whilst he was in charge :(