oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City 0-1

In our promotion season we scored more goals in our first 12 games than we have under Monk. We also conceded less.

Kike, Stuani, Nugent and Fabbrini were a more potent force than Assombalonga, Bamford, Braithwaite, Fletcher and Gestede!

What does that say about our current situation?

It says (maybe) that we should give Monk a full season before he Gets it right too :s

Spot on,30 odd games left, long long way to go, no reason this team can't go on a an unbeaten run.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

In our promotion season we scored more goals in our first 12 games than we have under Monk. We also conceded less.

Kike, Stuani, Nugent and Fabbrini were a more potent force than Assombalonga, Bamford, Braithwaite, Fletcher and Gestede!

What does that say about our current situation?

It says (maybe) that we should give Monk a full season before he Gets it right too :s

Yeah he shouldn’t be judged after 12 games, he’ll be given plenty of time to get the team to gel, but I wish we still had Kike and Stuani in the squad.

Kike would grab a bag full, Stuani went missing in too many games, so more miss than hit in my opinion.

Yeah Kike was great, he also seemed to be much loved by the other players. Once he left, the dressing room seemed to split a bit.

Had it on good authority apparently everyone liked him, really nice fella.

Well I'm off to the Riverside via the pub, fingers crossed for a much needed 3 points.

Big game, tough game. Will take any sort of win with any sort of performance. We're playing against supposedly one of the best teams in the league this year, so anyone expecting us to click today and destroy them might be airing a bit too hopeful.

That being said I'd like to see us be more solid at the back, a win and a clean sheet would be fantastic.

Big game, tough game. Will take any sort of win with any sort of performance. We're playing against supposedly one of the best teams in the league this year, so anyone expecting us to click today and destroy them might be airing a bit too hopeful.

Haha, guess I'm guilty of being too hopeful then!

Karanka did better in his first 12 games than Monk has done so far, that was with the likes of Kei Kamara and Curtis Main.

I don't think there's any doubt he'd have this group performing better, whether you like the bloke or not.

Karanka did better in his first 12 games than Monk has done so far, that was with the likes of Kei Kamara and Curtis Main.

I don't think there's any doubt he'd have this group performing better, whether you like the bloke or not.

Maybe. But he wouldn’t have this squad he would have brought in plenty of foreigners and the dressing room would be divided. After the last few years I’d like us to do well and be less boring and that takes a bit of time to implement. That said I’m not satisfied with the start we’ve made.