oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bournemouth (A) (League Cup) 1-3 (Tavernier)

Im just thinking of how we should set up against reading now weve seen a fair few players have their chance tonight and so far im came up with this -

.........................Randolph.........................

Christie/Roberts.,.Fry...Gibson...............Fabio

..................Leadbitter..Clayton.................

?,,,,,........................Traore..................Tavernier

.............................Britt.......................................

This is not gonna happen its just what id pick and in terms of rb having watched tonight im really not bothered, which one of them 2 plays that is not the problem position they both make good cases. Im really not comfortable with anyone but Fry at cb to partner gibson that is because yes hes young and he will make mistakes but it really hurts him when he makes them, whereas Ayala passes it straight out and no emotion and Shotton proved at derby he never learns from his mistakes. Right wing is horrible to pick, Downing is not a right winger or Bamford who did not play well tonight or Fletcher who has had a shocker in the last game... I dont know

Swap Traore for Braithwaite in your team maybe, then put Adama on the right?

I actually agree with that theirs no way braithwaite shouldn't be starting, but the problem is then i think im not alone in not trusting troare in defending. The only thing monk could do is say to troare "you are allowed to run up and down the wing as much as you want and cut in when it comes to their box but dont enter our box", leave him up at corners and bring Britt back to defend instead for corners if necessary. I actually think we could get some success out of that anyway his pace vs 2 terrified defenders if that ball gets played up to him from their corner.

No I didn't say drop Braithwaite! I meant play him as a number 10 and put Traore on the right.

Nah i agree with what you said, what i was trying to say is put Braithwaite as cam because theirs no way you can drop him and Traore as a rw but for me you got to tell Troare no way under any circumstances enter our box and stay up for corners.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to the game last night and best burgers ever...better than most good restataunts I've been too

Bournmouth are a very good side regardless of their position every player is quick and good on the ball they started well and we struggled to get a hold we could easily have been a couple down with 20 gone but then we got into it And started to look ok

Conceded early second half so not good but then we looked good until we scored then bournmouth came into it again.

Although we played ok and I enjoyed that game more than any other I went to last season we had some big faults

We didn't win a header in. Either penalty area all night which is odd considering fry ayala and bamford are all well over 6ft

We passed the ball ok and although we struggled when they had it a load of teams will against this side

Errors cost us yes but in a way they force them by their movement and speed .

Ayala looked average at best I've always said he needs 5 games to get up to speed. That was 3 so his time is running out. Problem is who replaces him fry needs to go on loan maybe div 1 to make his mistakes where he won't get punished so much but I don't trust shotton so we are screwed. Let's hope ayala comes good

Randolph- Looked ok bamford seemed to blame him for one goal but I didn't see it

Friend-. Looked ok aswell. Not quite up to the standard he was last championship campaign but not bad

Fry-. Poor game looked ok with the ball but when defending looked weak at times didn't win a header all game

Ayala -passing is hot and cold no where near as dominant in the air as he was. And makes very odd decisions now and again hopefully comes good next few games

Roberts- a defender who's best attribute is his defending. Not beating a full back and putting crosses in. Do we want this ahead of Fabio....who knows

Forshaw. -I like forshaw. Full of energy aggressive good on the ball links play takes the pressure off us keeps possesion .......if only he would risk the odd pass forward. It's as if his overriding desire is to look after his possesion stats . I'm not saying he should become glen hoddle but he looks the complete midfielder then has a chance to play a killer ball and regects it. Perfect example was late on he had the ball left side and bamford made a run forward and the ball was there to play for bamford to run onto ( he would have lost it ) but decided to go back and keep the ball someone at the club get hold of him and force him forward. He's too good to be out the team .

Baker- not a bad player tries hard nice touch has a pass but just doesn't look more than decent we've got better midfielders But we singled him for two yrs for a reason. This season should be a getting up to speed season

Clayton- not a bad game but I've seen him play better. He did what he does. But bournmouth players are so good at moving the ball it's difficult to to get close enough to win the ball

Traore- Possibly my MOM he's not going to win you the ball he's not going to run himself into the ground but what he did with the ball is worth picking him for , I'm not saying he was useless without it. He was getting into position so players had to go past him and that's good enough he made players pass the ball on on lots of occasions

tavinier - great game for the lad. Was second half until he gave the ball away. Not fully firing confidence wise but only his second game and against Prem opposition so didn't expect him to run at his defender all night. But a great touch fast aggressive and ran himself into the ground. He to come off in the end

Bamford - anyone saying he isn't trying or doesn't care needs eye surgery. He worked his socks off ,first 20 mins we couldn't get the ball to him but he ran and ran putting slide tackles in you could tell he was desperately trying to earn his starting place. Maybe trying too hard unfortunately what he did wasn't good enough he was bullied all game he really can't win headers but should have tried harder to just put the defender off. We did play far too many balls to his head when it was obvious he couldn't win them , balls played into his feet worked a lot better although cook did step in front of him most times . On this display he isn't a back to goal forward. He needs to be facing the goal either as a second forward or even the wide position he has played but not starting 11 yet I'm afraid

With braithwaite and Britt in that team we may have created more but there's a reason they are in the premier league and we aren't

Ohh and those burgers :)

Went to the game last night and best burgers ever...better than most good restataunts I've been too

Bournmouth are a very good side regardless of their position every player is quick and good on the ball they started well and we struggled to get a hold we could easily have been a couple down with 20 gone but then we got into it And started to look ok

Conceded early second half so not good but then we looked good until we scored then bournmouth came into it again.

Although we played ok and I enjoyed that game more than any other I went to last season we had some big faults

We didn't win a header in. Either penalty area all night which is odd considering fry ayala and bamford are all well over 6ft

We passed the ball ok and although we struggled when they had it a load of teams will against this side

Ayala looked average at best I've always said he needs 5 games to get up to speed. That was 3 so his time is running out. Problem is who replaces him fry needs to go on loan maybe div 1 to make his mistakes where he won't get punished so much but I don't trust shotton so we are screwed. Let's hope ayala comes good

Randolph- Looked ok bamford seemed to blame him for one goal but I didn't see it

Friend-. Looked ok aswell. Not quite up to the standard he was last championship campaign but not bad

Fry-. Poor game looked ok with the ball but when defending looked weak at times didn't win a header all game

Ayala -passing is hot and cold no where near as dominant in the air as he was. And makes very odd decisions now and again hopefully comes good next few games

Roberts- a defender who's best attribute is his defending. Not beating a full back and putting crosses in. Do we want this ahead of Fabio....who knows

Forshaw. -I like forshaw. Full of energy aggressive good on the ball links play takes the pressure off us keeps possesion .......if only he would risk the odd pass forward. It's as if his overriding desire is to look after his possesion stats . I'm not saying he should become glen hoddle but he looks the complete midfielder then has a chance to play a killer ball and regects it. Perfect example was late on he had the ball left side and bamford made a run forward and the ball was there to play for bamford to run onto ( he would have lost it ) but decided to go back and keep the ball someone at the club get hold of him and force him forward. He's too good to be out the team .

Baker- not a bad player tries hard nice touch has a pass but just doesn't look more than decent we've got better midfielders But we singled him for two yrs for a reason. This season should be a getting up to speed season

Clayton- not a bad game but I've seen him play better. He did what he does. But bournmouth players are so good at moving the ball it's difficult to to get close enough to win the ball

Traore- Possibly my MOM he's not going to win you the ball he's not going to run himself into the ground but what he did with the ball is worth picking him for , I'm not saying he was useless without it. He was getting into position so players had to go past him and that's good enough he made players pass the ball on on lots of occasions

tavinier - great game for the lad. Was second half until he gave the ball away. Not fully firing confidence wise but only his second game and against Prem opposition so didn't expect him to run at his defender all night. But a great touch fast aggressive and ran himself into the ground. He to come off in the end

Bamford - anyone saying he isn't trying or doesn't care needs eye surgery. He worked his socks off ,first 20 mins we couldn't get the ball to him but he ran and ran putting slide tackles in you could tell he was desperately trying to earn his starting place. Maybe trying too hard unfortunately what he did wasn't good enough he was bullied all game he really can't win headers but should have tried harder to just put the defender off. We did play far too many balls to his head when it was obvious he couldn't win them , balls played into his feet worked a lot better although cook did step in front of him most times . On this display he isn't a back to goal forward. He needs to be facing the goal either as a second forward or even the wide position he has played but not starting 11 yet I'm afraid

With braithwaite and Britt in that team we may have created more but there's a reason they are in the premier league and we aren't

Rich.... have you given CT. your log in details? :s

Rich.... have you given CT. your log in details? :s

Bournmouth are a better team than there position states. We did ok for long periods but there was only ever one winner. But based on what I saw we can go to reading and win . So nothing like ct :)

Im just thinking of how we should set up against reading now weve seen a fair few players have their chance tonight and so far im came up with this -

.........................Randolph.........................

Christie/Roberts.,.Fry...Gibson...............Fabio

..................Leadbitter..Clayton.................

?,,,,,........................Traore..................Tavernier

.............................Britt.......................................

This is not gonna happen its just what id pick and in terms of rb having watched tonight im really not bothered, which one of them 2 plays that is not the problem position they both make good cases. Im really not comfortable with anyone but Fry at cb to partner gibson that is because yes hes young and he will make mistakes but it really hurts him when he makes them, whereas Ayala passes it straight out and no emotion and Shotton proved at derby he never learns from his mistakes. Right wing is horrible to pick, Downing is not a right winger or Bamford who did not play well tonight or Fletcher who has had a shocker in the last game... I dont know

Swap Traore for Braithwaite in your team maybe, then put Adama on the right?

I actually agree with that theirs no way braithwaite shouldn't be starting, but the problem is then i think im not alone in not trusting troare in defending. The only thing monk could do is say to troare "you are allowed to run up and down the wing as much as you want and cut in when it comes to their box but dont enter our box", leave him up at corners and bring Britt back to defend instead for corners if necessary. I actually think we could get some success out of that anyway his pace vs 2 terrified defenders if that ball gets played up to him from their corner.

No I didn't say drop Braithwaite! I meant play him as a number 10 and put Traore on the right.

Nah i agree with what you said, what i was trying to say is put Braithwaite as cam because theirs no way you can drop him and Traore as a rw but for me you got to tell Troare no way under any circumstances enter our box and stay up for corners.

Oh yeah, fair enough!

You went to the game last night yet you thought Randolph was in goal???

You went to the game last night yet you thought Randolph was in goal???

Typed the wtong name without thinking. Whats that got to do with going to a game.