oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bournemouth (A) (League Cup) 1-3 (Tavernier)

We all know it's nothing to do with gelling anymore. I don't think the players are very confident at the moment. Part of me really wonders if we haven't given enough credence to the regrouping and rebuilding necessary to turn the ship around from last season. The core of this team is still the one that took us up and came straight back down. And the more points we drop, the more the fears of last season are easily brought back, especially with the pressure to deliver at the highest it's been in this division since we got relegated in 2009.

That's down to Monk to fix and regardless of what many now think of his tactical capabilities, that's the big issue for me. I don't see a motivated and happy bunch of players. Whatever we are doing behind the scenes there really isn't working.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We all know it's nothing to do with gelling anymore. I don't think the players are very confident at the moment. Part of me really wonders if we haven't given enough credence to the regrouping and rebuilding necessary to turn the ship around from last season. The core of this team is still the one that took us up and came straight back down. And the more points we drop, the more the fears of last season are easily brought back, especially with the pressure to deliver at the highest it's been in this division since we got relegated in 2009.

That's down to Monk to fix and regardless of what many now think of his tactical capabilities, that's the big issue for me. I don't see a motivated and happy bunch of players. Whatever we are doing behind the scenes there really isn't working.

It's the same in personel, but definitely not the same in performances, structure and organisation. It's time to face facts, players don't just lose ability over night. The reason we got promoted with the core that we still have now is because we had a meticulous manager who knew exactly how to get the best out of his players and made us a team that was very difficult to beat.

We don't have that anymore and until we find someone with those same skills, we're going nowhere with the squad we have.

The Boro squad are at DTV this morning

DM470-VWsAYiMFT.jpg:large

That’s KM in the upper left corner spying on the team. On OneBoro duty despite having a wedding reception. His new wife is going to love them.

To be fair, I don't really care about the Bournemouth game!!!

I am not bothered, and i am going to the bloomin game, it it wasn't for my lad not been to a game since ***nal at home then i would not be bothering!!

It's the same in personel, but definitely not the same in performances, structure and organisation. It's time to face facts, players don't just lose ability over night. The reason we got promoted with the core that we still have now is because we had a meticulous manager who knew exactly how to get the best out of his players and made us a team that was very difficult to beat.

We don't have that anymore and until we find someone with those same skills, we're going nowhere with the squad we have.

No, they don't lose ability overnight, that's true. But they can lose confidence in themselves and their ability to do their job on the pitch, certainly after a season like we just had and the run of games we're on at the moment.

I just struggle to believe when watching Monk that he is a motivator, which is difficult to believe given his long running captaincy at Swansea. Agnew was a constant presence on the touchline when he was assistant, always barking out instructions to players whilst Karanka stood and focused on the progression of the game. I don't see anybody out of that bench coming forward and supporting the lads through a game the way Agnew did. Monk's attitude is to treat his players like adults, perhaps he simply expects them to motivate themselves a lot of the time?

Flight takes off at 1000hrs, looked at the departure/arrival list and tbh I have no idea how this airport survives, must be the least used airport in the country

I genuinely thought it was only open during the summer/January transfer windows :D

To be fair, I don't really care about the Bournemouth game!!!

I am not bothered, and i am going to the bloomin game, it it wasn't for my lad not been to a game since ***nal at home then i would not be bothering!!

I wouldn't be going if my lad hadn't pestered

I Can see the team lining up like this, with reading and Hull in mind we will play a weakened side:

Dimi

Roberts Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Howson

Adama Baker Downing

Bamford

Personally giving his vulnerable postion, I don’t think he can afford to gamble with his future. If we are out classed or get stuffed it may well be his down fall and P45.

Someone on Twitter was at the airport, said he saw pretty much the full first team squad minus Randolph and Assombalonga.

Not necessarily that they didn't travel, mind, just that he didn't spot them.

The Boro squad are at DTV this morning

DM470-VWsAYiMFT.jpg:large

That’s KM in the upper left corner spying on the team. On OneBoro duty despite having a wedding reception. His new wife is going to love them.

I wonder if she was suspicious when he suggested the British south coast for the honeymoon?

I'd be picking a full strength team for this one.

Though if he does ring the changes again, I'd be telling them to play for a place in the team at the weekend. Even Wing and Tavernier if they're travelling down. Put in a good performance at Bournemouth and you're in the side at the weekend.

I Can see the team lining up like this, with reading and Hull in mind we will play a weakened side:

Dimi

Roberts Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Howson

Adama Baker Downing

Bamford

I'd go with this but with tavinier instead of downing