oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (a) 2-0 (Leadbitter (pen) Assombalonga)

I would go with this

Randolph; Christie, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Howson; Traore, Braithwaite, Downing; Britt

Subs: Dimi, Fabio, Shotton, Leadbitter , Tavernier, Baker, Bamford

Ayala is a player who has always needed a few games to get up to speed so we have to be patient and give him the games in my opinion. I thought dropping Fry was harsh to be honest but I think last night's game means he will be out.

Agree Tavernier is one of the few rays of light but the league is too important for him to start and it would be harsh in the extreme to drop Downing after he has been our best player of late.

I would accept anything other than a defeat but hoping for a tight win

Why have you dropped Fabio? Bizarre.

He gets knackered after an hour. He was excellent against Cardiff mind, but had a real dip before that. Can we get them both in the same team? I miss George going forward. Christie seems to be one of Monks undroppables.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with this

Randolph; Christie, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Howson; Traore, Braithwaite, Downing; Britt

Subs: Dimi, Fabio, Shotton, Leadbitter , Tavernier, Baker, Bamford

Ayala is a player who has always needed a few games to get up to speed so we have to be patient and give him the games in my opinion. I thought dropping Fry was harsh to be honest but I think last night's game means he will be out.

Agree Tavernier is one of the few rays of light but the league is too important for him to start and it would be harsh in the extreme to drop Downing after he has been our best player of late.

I would accept anything other than a defeat but hoping for a tight win

Why have you dropped Fabio? Bizarre.

He gets knackered after an hour. He was excellent against Cardiff mind, but had a real dip before that. Can we get them both in the same team? I miss George going forward. Christie seems to be one of Monks undroppables.

Really? I don't agree,

Fabio had a couple of stinkers before the last 2 but of course, the last 2 count just as much. His fitness for someone playing every game is a concern though.

First time i've heard it mentioned and i've never noticed it actually drop off in a game.

I also agree with Will. Christie has been pretty consistent this season.

Fabio had a couple of stinkers before the last 2 but of course, the last 2 count just as much. His fitness for someone playing every game is a concern though.

First time i've heard it mentioned and i've never noticed it actually drop off in a game.

I also agree with Will. Christie has been pretty consistent this season.

Seriously? The lad has been going down with cramp in at least 3 games that I've seen this season. Substituted for Friend twice, against Fulham and Barnsley, because of it. He doesn't strike me as someone who's naturally a bad athlete.

This is my friends suggestion he posted on facebook as his team hed play and i thought it was different to anyone elses team id seen so i thought id share it -

...........................Randolph..............................

Christie...Fry...Gibson...shotton/Ayala...Fabio

...........................Leadbitter................................

.................Adama...........Tavernier....................

...........................Braithwaite...............................

................................Britt.......................................

He then had on the bench - Dimi, Ayala/Shotton, Friend, Clayton, Johnson, Bamford and Fletcher

This is my friends suggestion he posted on facebook as his team hed play and i thought it was  different to anyone elses team id seen so i thought id share it -

He then had on the bench - Dimi, Ayala/Shotton, Friend, Clayton, Johnson, Bamford and Fletcher

Five at the back, I don't see how that could help other than maybe keeping a clean sheet but we would be over run in midfield.

Is everyone as deflated as I am?

Yes, yes, yes. Reading's my closest home game and I really can't be bothered. Good job I'm skint!!

Can we actually win this?

No. Reading is a tough place for us.

Does Tavernier deserve a start?

Hell why not.

How long would you give Monk?

Is he still here!!??

This is my friends suggestion he posted on facebook as his team hed play and i thought it was  different to anyone elses team id seen so i thought id share it -

Five at the back, I don't see how that could help other than maybe keeping a clean sheet but we would be over run in midfield.

He explained that what he trying to do was keep a clean sheet but grab a goal at the other end by using the pace upfront by playing on the counter attack. I think the bench is not great i reckon friend could be replaced by Roberts, Fletcher by Baker, Johnson by downing maybe as well.

Yeah no Downing in the squad is extremely harsh. Johnson hasn't done anything since the QPR game.

Johnson played for the u 23s last night at Wigan.  He did provide an assist for our goal but he did not look outstanding.

With Downing's current form I can only comment that Johnson in front of Downing would be a mistake

He explained that what he trying to do was keep a clean sheet but grab a goal at the other end by using the pace upfront by playing on the counter attack. I think the bench is not great i reckon friend could be replaced by Roberts, Fletcher by Baker, Johnson by downing maybe as well.

I'm pretty sure Shotton clean sheet is an oxymoron