oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City (a) 3-1 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Leadbitter (pen) )

BeardySmog Matchday Solutions

Presents

Hull City vs Middlesbrough

Kick Off - 7.45pm

The KCOM Stadium

31st October 2017

Intro

We only went and flippin won didn't we?! Few of us predicted this outcome and some of that negativity is still lingering so I'm guessing few of us will be predicting a positive result..  Or will we?....

Last Game

Reading 0-2 BORO

We WON. A penalty from the captain and a header from our goal machine meant we took all 3 points from this one. Not the prettiest game of football but who cares right?!

Hull City 2-3 Nottingham Forest

Not seen the highlights of this one yet but it looks like it was a cracker.

Oh.. He used to play for us...

Might ditch this feature if I get another thread because like Reading there is no one..  But interestingly they have a young goalkeeper named Will Mannion..

Beard Watch

Jon Toral is the winner here.. Fantastic beard.

The tip of the Beard

Reading 8/5

Draw 12/5

Middlesbrough 8/5

The bookies really can't split us on this one.. Seems like a nailed on draw right?

If your feeling optimistic may I suggest sticking a couple of pennies on a Boro win and both teams to score @ 4/1

For the pessimists a*** us you can get the same odds on Hull to win with other teams scoring.

Pre Match Questions?

Has the win changed your view our are you still convinced we are doomed?

Do we change the team or stick with the same XI?

How good is Braithwaite?!

Score prediction?

Prediction

Think I'll go with the bookies on this one and going with a draw.. 1-1 Braithwaite for us and Grosicki for them.

Some of you may have been expecting some kind of Halloween theme for this thread.. Tough..  I hate Halloween and I'm just not that creative.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

BeardySmog Matchday Solutions

Presents

Hull City vs Middlesbrough

Kick Off - 7.45pm

The KCOM Stadium

31st October 2017

Intro

We only went and flippin won didn't we?! Few of us predicted this outcome and some of that negativity is still lingering so I'm guessing few of us will be predicting a positive result..  Or will we?....

Last Game

Reading 0-2 BORO

We WON. A penalty from the captain and a header from our goal machine meant we took all 3 points from this one. Not the prettiest game of football but who cares right?!

Hull City 2-3 Nottingham Forest

Not seen the highlights of this one yet but it looks like it was a cracker.

Oh.. He used to play for us...

Might ditch this feature if I get another thread because like Reading there is no one..  But interestingly they have a young goalkeeper named Will Mannion..

Beard Watch

Jon Toral is the winner here.. Fantastic beard.

The tip of the Beard

Reading 8/5

Draw 12/5

Middlesbrough 8/5

The bookies really can't split us on this one.. Seems like a nailed on draw right?

If your feeling optimistic may I suggest sticking a couple of pennies on a Boro win and both teams to score @ 4/1

For the pessimists a*** us you can get the same odds on Hull to win with other teams scoring.

Pre Match Questions?

Has the win changed your view our are you still convinced we are doomed?

Do we change the team or stick with the same XI?

How good is Braithwaite?!

Score prediction?

Prediction

Think I'll go with the bookies on this one and going with a draw.. 1-1 Braithwaite for us and Grosicki for them.

Some of you may have been expecting some kind of Halloween theme for this thread.. Tough..  I hate Halloween and I'm just not that creative.

No I think we would be UP for this game,being an Important match

Good time to play Hull after their loss at home? If we manage to get an early goal we might be able to turn their crowd against them and use the atmosphere to our advantage.

Not getting carried away with the win at Reading, but it's a start. Any team in the league would be happy with an away win with a clean sheet no matter who you're playing so we should be happy too.

If we could have gained a bit of confidence from the result, and more importantly defensively from the clean sheet, we could get a win against Hull.

The wolves are out in Sunderland for Grayson after Saturday's result. If they don't beat Bolton on Tuesday he may be gone, so we could be playing a managerless Sunderland next Sunday.

The win hasn't particularly changed my view. My faith is always in giving a manager time especially when things aren't as bad as they could be (see Sunderland). And I did predict a win at Reading because, as those who saw the game will notice, Reading are having a very poor run, much worse than us and it really showed. They could keep the ball but they just couldn't figure out how to penetrate through our defence, leading to a few deep long balls floating out of play and long range shots which barely troubled our keeper.

1 win doesn't ensure we've turned a corner. But it's a start, it could do plenty for the confidence coming into what should be a more difficult game at the KCOM.

I would stick with the same team. The only change I'd consider is Tavernier but I personally wouldn't even swap him out. He did fine just didn't receive the ball often enough for us to see what he can do. I don't think Johnson is a significant improvement and I'd rather not take Downing off the right hand side for Traore when it's working so well for Downing.

Braithwaite I think is on another level. He barely got out of 2nd gear yesterday but his composure on the ball is terrific. When we needed a calm head in the Reading half, he was the perfect man to give the ball to. He's got a few tricks up his sleeve and I've no doubt if we do eventually get promoted, this man will be a huge reason as to why.

Any sort of scrappy win would do. What we need is a few wins in a row just to get that confidence going. Although we were solid yesterday and scored a couple we haven’t got that fluidity around the box that confidence brings At some point I do believe we will put 4 past someone and really kick on but it has to be on the back of a few wins

Totally agree about Braithwaite. One for the scouting team to revel in. He just seems to find having the ball a pleasure. He’s got the skill of Ramirez without the craziness.

I’m starting to think the team might be coming together. Other than the amount of space Fabio leaves at left back the rest is beginning to look assured. Howson is now adding assists from midfield which is great. Assombalonga is just a brilliant line leader. And Leadbitter is getting to where he was 2 years ago. If Gibson and Ayala can get back to how it was our defence will be so strong again.

The attacking midfield 3 now has 2 sorted I think - Downing and Braithwaite. So Tav, Johnson, Bamford, Fletcher, Adama are playing for 1 place.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Adama and/or Bamford left in January. I like them both and think Bamford should be a regular but Monk obviously doesn’t.

My team for Hull

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Friend

Howson Downing Leadbitter

Bamford Assombalonga Braithwaite

I think Tav will play instead of Bamford - which is fine - the lad has done nothing wrong.

i'd stick with downing(never thought i'd say that ever again) on the right, because he is more cautious these days and will allow christie to bomb on without the gaping holes being left. stewy has always linked well with decent fullbacks. i'd bring marv back on the left and keep the rest the same. traore the impact sub if marv is off form/out of gas then push stewy left.

liking howson and leadbitter together and really pleasing seeing ayala playing again.

same tactics as reading, sit in frustrate and counter punch them. i was getting the impression monk tried to just play open and expect us to out play teams. i think he's learned you cant do that with a team of our quality/confidence/lack of gelling. once we are all settled and playing with confidence that comes later. hopefully we can get to business now and work hard at getting the right results. because without hard graft, determination a solid game plan and a bit of teesside steel we'll win nothing.

I think Hull is more tricky than Reading. Hull just lost there last game and the fact we are away, favours us right now. I have a sneaking feeling we will win this one. As for Sunderland form counts for nothing simply because it’s a Derby. I expect all BORO players to leave everything on the park, guts, lungs everything

The tip of the Beard

Reading 8/5

Draw 12/5

Middlesbrough 8/5

I'd want bigger odds on that Reading win.

Swap Friend for Fabio and keep everyone else the same. Win would set us right up for the next 2 games. We need to at least avoid defeat though and I would take a draw at moment.

What an opportunity this week has presented itself to allow Boro to get back on track I'm sure all would agree, 3 teams below the Boro to try and get maximum points from and all having it seems there own internal struggles.

We need the same approach as we did against Reading, nothing fancy (unless it presents itself) but a hard working methodical and professional approach to the game.

This week before the next IB to me is so important and to go into the Sunderland game with a semblance of optimism then we have to continue beating those teams that are below us, harder to do as you climb the table I know, but to me this is a must win game as I feel this week could be pivotal to us moving ahead.

You are all correct in that the next game is always the most important game but for the reasons I have mentioned then this particular game does have the mantle perhaps of being THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.............so far!!! (especially for an away game)

So have a chuckle at silly old DS and his infamous catch phrase but tell me if I am wrong?

I stated earlier I think the away game will suite us, simply because right now it takes the pressure off playing in front of an expectant crowd. The away fans are second to none and will be in party mood lifting the team. I belive we will win this, which will have the team buoyant ready to return home. Hull won’t be easy to break down and I’m suspect of our mistakes so I’m going to say 2-1 BORO.

Very important game this. Must not lose in my eyes but oh boy a win would be just lovely. Depending on fitness I'd be encouraged to start unchanged, although I wouldn't mind swapping Fabio for Friend, but I appreciate keeping a settled back 4 is probably a good idea. Other than that I would definately keep Downing on the right and Grant/Howson as our midfield partners. If I had to change a thing it would be to get Braithwaite out left and try Traore through the middle as it would give him more free reign by not having to help out Christie. I though he was great when he played central against Bournemouth. Just pick up the ball and run at them making a bit of space for Britt and Braithwaite. But then again maybe we can't afford a gamble like that in a tough away game.

I think a point here is decent as long as we beat Sunderland. Bit winning both would seriously shift public opinion on Monk.

I was away at the weekend so have only seen the highlights, but by the sounds of it Tavenier was quiet. However, I wouldn't drop him, but if Monk does, he should at least have him on the bench, doing otherwise could shatter his confidence.

The rest of the team surely picks itself?