oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City (a) 3-1 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Leadbitter (pen) )

Has the win changed your view our are you still convinced we are doomed? - Not doomed but top 2 isn't happening, playoffs could if we string a few results together, could do with something out of tonight though

Do we change the team or stick with the same XI? Same again

How good is Braithwaite?! Very - and getting better, keep him fit and with Britt we have an attack I wouldn't want lining up against us.

Score prediction? 1-1

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the win changed your view our are you still convinced we are doomed?

- I think it was much needed and released some pressure, but too early to say whether we've turned a corner or just a beat a really poor team.

Do we change the team or stick with the same XI?

- I would change Tav as didn't think he quite had the confidence to beat a man and put a cross in.. could do with a bit more of an edge down the wing as Hull will definitely attack us at home and we'll need to pin them back.

Rest should stay the same. Britt was fantastic at Reading, a complete pain in the a** to their defenders all game. Howson should stay.. his run and cross was something you will simply never see from our other centre mids. Everyone else was solid, keep them the same and build some consistency.

How good is Braithwaite?!

- Top drawer, we clearly missed him.

Score prediction?

- 2-2. Beat Sunderland on Sunday and it will be an okay result.

Not expecting too much from this one.

Hull have the most potent attack in the division and have scored 26 goals in 14 games. On a positive note, they also have one of the worst defences, conceding 23.

I don't see Boro keeping a clean sheet today and we could be too busy defending to mount much in the way of an attacking threat. Yes we did well against Reading, but they offered far less of a threat than Hull will.

Would be happy with a point but not at all surprised if Boro come away with nothing.

Score prediction: 2-1 Hull or 3-2 if things get lively.

Has the win changed your view or are you still convinced we are doomed? 

I have never thought we are doomed. I think if Monk settles on just one or two different formations and sticks with them then i still think we have every chance of promotion. I thought we would win at Reading and although i didn't get to the game, people who i work with and analyse games reckon that although we weren't great, that level of performance could be all that is required to be thereabouts come the final few games of the season. Question is can we play consistently to that level or better.

Do we change the team or stick with the same Xl

In my opinion the key to getting a result tonight is to stop their attacks from the right side with Aina and Bowen. Do that and you really cut down their opportunities. I would be tempted to stick with the same team.

How good is Braithwaite?

For me he was one of two signings that i thought were decent value for what we paid. I highly doubt we have seen the best of him and i don't know if we will as for me he can do far more damage to the opposition as an out and out striker and i don't see Monk using him in that way.

Prediction: Either 3-2 or 4-1 to Boro. On recent evidence just cannot see this finishing as a draw given Hulls style of play.

I'm still debating whether to go to this one or not. Not finishing work will 5 (in Sunderland) so making kick off will be tight! Really keen to go though.

If I just had to get in the car or train I'd go in a heartbeat. Do it Jimmy  :cool:

Guy on fmttm got the Reading team spot on very early Saturday morning the same guy is stating the same starting 11 as before for the Hull game which obviously means Tavernier gets another run out.

I for one am ok with the same starting 11

He actually states the confirmed starting 11, nothing about reserves so wonder if Clayton will be involved.

Perhaps he just might be ITK

I'm still debating whether to go to this one or not. Not finishing work will 5 (in Sunderland) so making kick off will be tight! Really keen to go though.

If I just had to get in the car or train I'd go in a heartbeat. Do it Jimmy  :cool:

Oh aye it's not the effort, but the logistics on whether I'll make in time! Gonna do it though and just see what time I turn up!

There speaketh a man that hasn't travelled up and down the country following Boro and had the life sucked out of him :D

There speaketh a man that hasn't travelled up and down the country following Boro and had the life sucked out of him :D

You’re probably right:)

I honestly don't know what to think about this match. I'd love to think we've turned a corner and might actually put together some semblance of a performance but the woes of getting your hopes up only to have them dashed is pretty unappealing. Hedging my bets, best way forward.

I honestly don't know what to think about this match. I'd love to think we've turned a corner and might actually put together some semblance of a performance but the woes of getting your hopes up only to have them dashed is pretty unappealing. Hedging my bets, best way forward.

For the first time this season I think this game is huge. If we win I really think with two home games to come we could tur the corner and go o a great run. If we lose we are back where we started