oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City (a) 3-1 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Leadbitter (pen) )

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull fans seem to reckon that Grosicki is being rested. He even apparently tweeted something about watching his teammates tonight, although that's been deleted.

Guy on fmttm got the Reading team spot on very early Saturday morning the same guy is stating the same starting 11 as before for the Hull game which obviously means Tavernier gets another run out.

I for one am ok with the same starting 11

He actually states the confirmed starting 11, nothing about reserves so wonder if Clayton will be involved.

Perhaps he just might be ITK

Some people are claiming to know the bench and that Bamford isn't in the squad, with Gestede taking his spot.

Has the win changed your view or are you still convinced we are doomed? 

I have never thought we are doomed. I think if Monk settles on just one or two different formations and sticks with them then i still think we have every chance of promotion. I thought we would win at Reading and although i didn't get to the game, people who i work with and analyse games reckon that although we weren't great, that level of performance could be all that is required to be thereabouts come the final few games of the season. Question is can we play consistently to that level or better.

Do we change the team or stick with the same Xl

In my opinion the key to getting a result tonight is to stop their attacks from the right side with Aina and Bowen. Do that and you really cut down their opportunities. I would be tempted to stick with the same team.

How good is Braithwaite?

For me he was one of two signings that i thought were decent value for what we paid. I highly doubt we have seen the best of him and i don't know if we will as for me he can do far more damage to the opposition as an out and out striker and i don't see Monk using him in that way.

Prediction: Either 3-2 or 4-1 to Boro. On recent evidence just cannot see this finishing as a draw given Hulls style of play.

What do you consider to be doomed?

Has the win changed your view or are you still convinced we are doomed? 

I have never thought we are doomed. I think if Monk settles on just one or two different formations and sticks with them then i still think we have every chance of promotion. I thought we would win at Reading and although i didn't get to the game, people who i work with and analyse games reckon that although we weren't great, that level of performance could be all that is required to be thereabouts come the final few games of the season. Question is can we play consistently to that level or better.

Do we change the team or stick with the same Xl

In my opinion the key to getting a result tonight is to stop their attacks from the right side with Aina and Bowen. Do that and you really cut down their opportunities. I would be tempted to stick with the same team.

How good is Braithwaite?

For me he was one of two signings that i thought were decent value for what we paid. I highly doubt we have seen the best of him and i don't know if we will as for me he can do far more damage to the opposition as an out and out striker and i don't see Monk using him in that way.

Prediction: Either 3-2 or 4-1 to Boro. On recent evidence just cannot see this finishing as a draw given Hulls style of play.

What do you consider to be doomed?

Sorry uptheboro I thought you asked the question, I should have gone back a few postings.

https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-boro.354428/

Quite an amusing read first half of the thread is wondering why we are called Boro and debating about that and expectations are not very high I have to say.

Worth a peak

Isn’t it amazing whenever a team loses a few the manager is a useless *** that picks the wrong players. It’s never the players aren’t good enough

Quite an amusing read first half of the thread is wondering why we are called Boro and debating about that and expectations are not very high I have to say.

Worth a peak

Its nice to see we're not the only ones less than enamoured of our manager & team.  :D Seems a good forum though.

Also, I shall now be referring to us as Middlesbree from now on.  :D At least they got some of our nicknames right (Boro & Smoggies).

Worth a peak

Isn’t it amazing whenever a team loses a few the manager is a useless *** that picks the wrong players.  It’s never the players aren’t good enough

If you read the first couple of pages, you'll see there is plenty of finger-pointing at the players too  ;)

I hope the outcome is down to the teams and the ref is not the taking point. The championship is more physical and I hope the ref is not card happy who dictates the outcome. I would hate to see a soft penalty or a player sent off because of an early card. Equally I don’t want to see mistakes going unpunished.

All can I watch this from Hull City website with a VPN do you know as working away until Friday? Thanks

Not at all Marcus, Hull do not subscribe to ifollow. You can pay for commentary on the MFC official web site. Other than that goals as they go in shown on Sky

Bamford dropped for Fletcher on the bench. Why? Nobody knows. Hopefully we get to understand why later if he comes on.

Oh well. I think this team is better than Hull's so it will be interesting to listen to.