oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City (a) 3-1 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Leadbitter (pen) )

Who would have thought this time last week that we would gain max points at two grounds we seldom ever get points at, brilliant! ok they are below us but this win is massive and confidence is returning.

Well done GM it has to be said!

I've got to give credit where it's due, Monk seems to have found the missing pieces. We look more competent in attack and our very talented defence looks back to something resembling itself.

Only one team conceded less goals

But with our old defence there was no one who even came close!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.skysports.com/football/hull-city-vs-mboro/374791

Highlights but sadly does not clear up the reason for the sending off though the referee indicates a push on someone.............I think

I've heard the sending off was for dissent

Can dissent ever be enough to be a straight red card? It wasn't a 2nd yellow.

Interesting that he definitely was originally shown a yellow but that hasn't gone down on record. If that's the case then surely it would mean the ref has amended his decision to just book Hector and give him a straight red, which would also imply that he was sent off for something related to the penalty... very confusing.

Doesn't even affect us anymore but it is certainly interesting.

http://www.skysports.com/football/hull-city-vs-mboro/374791

Highlights but sadly does not clear up the reason for the sending off though the referee indicates a push on someone.............I think

I've heard the sending off was for dissent

Can dissent ever be enough to be a straight red card? It wasn't a 2nd yellow.

Interesting that he definitely was originally shown a yellow but that hasn't gone down on record. If that's the case then surely it would mean the ref has amended his decision to just book Hector and give him a straight red, which would also imply that he was sent off for something related to the penalty... very confusing.

Doesn't even affect us anymore but it is certainly interesting.

Maybe it was upgraded to red because it was last man and preventing a goal scoring opportunity? Although a ref can only give a maximum of a yellow in that situation if the player is making an attempt to play the ball, maybe the linesman has been in his ear saying that he thought it was a professional foul rather than a tackle?

Cracking result last night.

Seen a few people ask but no responses, how did Tavernier get on? I'll be honest the very limited times I've seen him he looks a bit Adam Reach mk2, as in solid enough but unlikely to do anything to win the game.

I'd love for someone who's seen the last couple of matches to tell me we have a gem on our hands however.

Aye, it was upgraded to a red as, being the last man, it's counted as a professional foul for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.

On the Boro - Braithwaite is far too good for this level. How we managed to get him i'll never know! Christie is starting to show the form and game which he did as a kid at Coventry and in his purple patch at Derby; best RB we've seen in a Boro shirt for many years. Tavernier has a great cross on him... If he can develop his game to influence the match more before the final third, he'll be a great asset this season.

And as much as I dislike the guy, Downing has been playing very well recently. Thoroughly deserves his place in the Starting XI. Playing him wide right seems to suit him more now he's lost a few yards of pace with age; doesn't need to bomb past defenders and get to the byline. Instead, utilise Christie on the over/underlap or cut inside and get the back into dangerous areas.

Bamford dropped for Fletcher on the bench. Why? Nobody knows. Hopefully we get to understand why later if he comes on.

Oh well. I think this team is better than Hull's so it will be interesting to listen to.

Bamford hasn’t done anything to warrant a place on the bench. He was atrocious at Bournemouth and poor in the limited time he had against reading. Tbh I don’t really care who come on between him and fletcher. Bamford clearly isn’t doing much right and has been going downhill since he won player of the year here two and half years ago. He wasn’t rated at Palace, Norwich and burnley and even AK didn’t really pick him when he brought him back. Sadly I think his premature move to the Prem has ruined his career which is a huge shame because I like the guy very much. And this isn’t me saying Fletcher is a world beater or any better.

Absolutely no substance to your remarks on Bamford, a very biased opinion of yours on the player. If you don't know facts don't say, the lads not got a lot of game time since leaving Boro nobody knows why.

Cracking result last night.

Seen a few people ask but no responses, how did Tavernier get on? I'll be honest the very limited times I've seen him he looks a bit Adam Reach mk2, as in solid enough but unlikely to do anything to win the game.

I'd love for someone who's seen the last couple of matches to tell me we have a gem on our hands however.

You can tell he's spent some time at Left Back as he does look solid. I think in these league games he's trying to show his work for the team and is maybe a bit nervous to push on and show his attacking flair, which you can understand in your first couple of senior games. Definitely deserved his place last night and fit in with the game plan of soaking up pressure and hitting them on the break.

He's really impressed going forward in the league cup games and has a really good goalscoring record in the u23s. Just a case of getting games at this level to improve, bright future this lad. Would definitely be happy if he gets to Adam Reach's level as he's been doing well at Sheffield Wednesday.

Good point Wilson and having knocked on their door for a third goal it seemed as if their goal was somewhat unexpected, yes you can relax to a degree and play basic football to protect a lead but in my view if the opportunity is there then kill the game and fight back with another goal as was witnessed last night.

Teams like Bmouth and Watford always seemed to keep going for that killer goal and with the way the Championship is sometimes a two goal margin is not enough.

However terrific performance well done to all, points won, job done and now move on!

We saw monk after the reading game talking to some people they were saying the usual. Great three points, good goals. But he kept saying and a clean sheet. I think it was really a weight off his mind

From what I read and heard, Bamford did an awful lot of his usual game against Bournemouth but just never really got the service. Think it was Rich who went and said he worked his socks off.

He wasn't rated at Palace because they also brought in another 300 strikers that summer without selling. It's clear Pardew didn't want to rely on someone only proven in the Championship but then went overboard and completely cut him out of the picture.

He did get some games at Norwich but they didn't really have the benefit of being able to let him develop, it was too late for them.

He went to Burnley as 4th choice behind Vokes, Gray and Barnes, 3 strikers who Dyche knew and loved.

AK didn't pick him because he wasn't match fit. Which he wasn't. Quite like Norwich, how was he supposed to be given time to get that back when we needed points right there and then?

His career isn't ruined. He's 24 years old.

Bamford dropped for Fletcher on the bench. Why? Nobody knows. Hopefully we get to understand why later if he comes on.

Oh well. I think this team is better than Hull's so it will be interesting to listen to.

Bamford hasn’t done anything to warrant a place on the bench. He was atrocious at Bournemouth and poor in the limited time he had against reading. Tbh I don’t really care who come on between him and fletcher. Bamford clearly isn’t doing much right and has been going downhill since he won player of the year here two and half years ago. He wasn’t rated at Palace, Norwich and burnley and even AK didn’t really pick him when he brought him back. Sadly I think his premature move to the Prem has ruined his career which is a huge shame because I like the guy very much. And this isn’t me saying Fletcher is a world beater or any better.

Absolutely no substance to your remarks on Bamford, a very biased opinion of yours on the player. If you don't know facts don't say, the lads not got a lot of game time since leaving Boro nobody knows why.

I'd say the numerous managers that hasn't been impressed with him since he first left us suggests that he isn't making an impression and that his career has taken a massive hit. Has he really done anything to warrent a place apart from his strong showing at Villa in the cup. Maybe it's confidence or maybe he just isn't better. Sure my opinion is biased on what I see, and granted I don't go to the games but I've seen a fair few games this season and I have not been impressed which is a pity as I do like the lad.

Well done GM making a real effort to win some hearts and minds methinks!

Ok only a little gesture but humour goes a long way!

Warming to the guy I have to say

Nice to see him show a bit of personality. Humour and passion gets you a long way with most fans.

Yeah I'm with you Dane on this. I really like Bamford as a bloke and he was absolutely class in the 14/15 season, but ever since he just hasn't pushed on. You might say he's been unlucky moving to clubs where the manager didn't rate him. But then you have to ask why he wasn't rated at any of these clubs, and seemingly now back at Boro. Wilson outlines some possible reasons above which is fine.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but something doesn't seem quite there.

However, it has to be said that I would prefer him to Fletcher, and I do think he's a better footballer than him.