oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City (a) 3-1 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Leadbitter (pen) )

As a comparison we only need to look at Ayala, he was getting slated a short time ago but let's be honest he has come on leaps and bounds and getting close to being back to his best performances and the same could be said about Downing and Leadbitter.

Bamford will only be used as and when GM can not field his preferred side and he has to now that things are beginning to settle.

Consistent run of games is often mentioned on the forum and rightly so and tbh I feel that Paddy might be getting more stick than he deserves, let's hope that if he gets a full 90 mins or a good period of time coming on as a reserve then if opportunities coming he takes them.

An on form Bamford is crucial and as long as he is a Boro player then he deserves our support

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done GM making a real effort to win some hearts and minds methinks!

Ok only a little gesture but humour goes a long way!

Warming to the guy I have to say

Nice to see him show a bit of personality. Humour and passion gets you a long way with most fans.

Definitely, so does winning. A feel good factor creeping back in at Boro, could feel it in the crowd last night. By no means have we definitely turned the corner, or even in with a good chance of automatic, but its definitely a start and if we smash the mackems on Sunday I think confidence in the team and the town will start to really flow.

Confidence is paramount to pretty much anything in this league I think, you could see the difference in play last night where players actually wanted to get the ball and drive forward and weren't afraid to make a risky pass or lose possession. Compare that to the Cardiff performance where the players looked scared to try anything as they were devoid of confidence.

As a comparison we only need to look at Ayala, he was getting slated a short time ago but let's be honest he has come on leaps and bounds and getting close to being back to his best performances and the same could be said about Downing and Leadbitter.

Bamford will only be used as and when GM can not field his preferred side and he has to now that things are beginning to settle.

Consistent run of games is often mentioned on the forum and rightly so and tbh I feel that Paddy might be getting more stick than he deserves, let's hope that if he gets a full 90 mins or a good period of time coming on as a reserve then if opportunities coming he takes them.

An on form Bamford is crucial and as long as he is a Boro player then he deserves our support

He'll always get my support, and if he does get a chance I really hope he takes it!

I had us down for a draw at Reading and a win at Hull and I expect us to beat Sunderland. I expect all BORO players to leave there guts and lungs on the pitch as they will know what it means to the town and the players are capable. Do wish they hadn’t changed there manager though. There are a few on here using the two wins to dismiss inherent problems and smart at posters who suggested Monk be replaced or supported by a advisor or coach. I wouldn’t, because while there were balanced posters the same can’t be said about those on the terrace. Mind there is someone suggesting a five to six game run is common. I hope to see it. I have not changed my mind by what I stated about Monk, but two brilliant wins and performance has lifted my spirits, greatly. A well deserved hats off to Monk and the players.

As much as the club and the Gazette are at odds, Monk still follows all the Gazette guys. He'll have seen the article about the disconnect between the manager and fans and is hopefully now addressing that a bit.

Apparently some Boro lads spoke to a few Hull fans after the game, who said Hector had elbowed one of our players as they were waiting for the pen to be taken.

As much as the club and the Gazette are at odds, Monk still follows all the Gazette guys. He'll have seen the article about the disconnect between the manager and fans and is hopefully now addressing that a bit.

Its good to see and will definitely help to get the fans on his side. To be honest this is the best bit of momentum we've had this season and probably the first time he's felt comfortable enough to have some banter

Does anyone have any idea why Fletcher made the bench over Bamford?

Didn't see the Reading match, but I heard that near the end, when Bamford came on, he tried an unnecessary stepover in the Reading half, lost possession, and they went up the other end and had a decent chance. Apparently Gibson and Fabio were giving him a bit of a bollocking for it.

Like I say, this is second hand info, so may not have happened exactly like that, but on top of a pretty ineffectual game in the cup, it might have been enough for Monk to bomb him out for a game.

Don't think anyone will try and persuade you Fletcher is a better player. To be fair to the lad yesterday though he came on an won us a penalty.

I personally couldn't care less who's been omitted etc as long as we're winning.

I had us down for a draw at Reading and a win at Hull and I expect us to beat Sunderland. I expect all BORO players to leave there guts and lungs on the pitch as they will know what it means to the town and the players are capable. Do wish they hadn’t changed there manager though. There are a few on here using the two wins to dismiss inherent problems and smart at posters who suggested Monk be replaced or supported by a advisor or coach. I wouldn’t, because while there were balanced posters the same can’t be said about those on the terrace. Mind there is someone suggesting a five to six game run is common. I hope to see it. I have not changed my mind by what I stated about Monk, but two brilliant wins and performance has lifted my spirits, greatly. A well deserved hats off to Monk and the players.

Lifted your spirits greatly ....so now your just bloody miserable :)

Bamford is a better player, but everyone deserves a chance, I suppose. Fletcher did more in his 10 minutes last night than Bamford did in his on Saturday.

I have everything crossed that Britt doesn't pick up an injury this season, but I would love to see Bamford get a run of games if he did.

This is brilliant

Just sitting there playing Football Manager and Steve Gibson walked in the room

If you look at the Tv in the top left of the picture. It’s clear as day that he’s logged into the oneBoro forum under the user name Humpty :s