oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City (a) 3-1 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Leadbitter (pen) )

Does anyone have any idea why Fletcher made the bench over Bamford?

Didn't see the Reading match, but I heard that near the end, when Bamford came on, he tried an unnecessary stepover in the Reading half, lost possession, and they went up the other end and had a decent chance. Apparently Gibson and Fabio were giving him a bit of a bollocking for it.

Like I say, this is second hand info, so may not have happened exactly like that, but on top of a pretty ineffectual game in the cup, it might have been enough for Monk to bomb him out for a game.

Only my opinion but I’d think. Bamford was poor at bournmouth. And did very little at reading. Although for a short time. And monk has a job keeping all his players engaged so it looks a reasonable step to rotate the bench. That way they all feel involved

Bamford has had a real go this season been good at times and poor at others but he is getting chances. He just looks like he’s trying too hard to me he’s shooting when it’s not really on in the hope a goal wins him his place back

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This is brilliant

Just sitting there playing Football Manager and Steve Gibson walked in the room

If you look at the Tv in the top left of the picture. It’s clear as day that he’s logged into the oneBoro forum under the user name Humpty :s

That’s because some bugger banned his CT username

Don't think anyone will try and persuade you Fletcher is a better player. To be fair to the lad yesterday though he came on an won us a penalty.

I personally couldn't care less who's been omitted etc as long as we're winning.

Agree. 

Bamford may be a more classy player but he just isn't delivering at the moment and Monk is just another manager that doesn't really rate Bamford. Maybe his confidence is shot I don't know, but prior to yesterday he had 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 league outings and 454 mins while Fletcher had 1 goal and 1 assist in 12 league outings and 393 mins. And then he won a pen yesterday, so he does seem to be a lot more useful than bamford. Bamford may look classier but he isn't doing anything. The way things are going Fletcher seems the better choice. His unorthodox running and bambi-esque control might just be a better fit.

Don't think anyone will try and persuade you Fletcher is a better player. To be fair to the lad yesterday though he came on an won us a penalty.

I personally couldn't care less who's been omitted etc as long as we're winning.

Agree. 

Bamford may be a more classy player but he just isn't delivering at the moment and Monk is just another manager that doesn't really rate Bamford. Maybe his confidence is shot I don't know, but prior to yesterday he had 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 league outings and 454 mins while Fletcher had 1 goal and 1 assist in 12 league outings and 393 mins. And then he won a pen yesterday, so he does seem to be a lot more useful than bamford. Bamford may look classier but he isn't doing anything. The way things are going Fletcher seems the better choice. His unorthodox running and bambi-esque control might just be a better fit.

Bamford probably needs a decent run of games and a manager who wants him. It doesn't look like he's going to get that here, I agree that he isn't setting the world alight when he does play but he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip either.

I'm sure he'll be sold in January which will be our loss and someone else's gain. I just hope it isn't to a rival in our division. If we keep winning games then no one can complain I understand that, I just think with the right management he'll offer more than Fletcher.

Does anyone have any idea why Fletcher made the bench over Bamford?

Didn't see the Reading match, but I heard that near the end, when Bamford came on, he tried an unnecessary stepover in the Reading half, lost possession, and they went up the other end and had a decent chance. Apparently Gibson and Fabio were giving him a bit of a bollocking for it.

Like I say, this is second hand info, so may not have happened exactly like that, but on top of a pretty ineffectual game in the cup, it might have been enough for Monk to bomb him out for a game.

That he certainly did. I remember that quite well. Part of me has to agree, the attempted move was daft. But on the flip side, Bamford must feel like he has to absolutely destroy an opponent to keep his place in the 18 these days. He's not going to take either Britt, Braithwaite or Downing out of this team with the little time he's getting on the pitch right now.

UweFuchsHe Wrote:

(2 hours ago)Borodane Wrote:

(2 hours ago)northern boro Wrote:

This is brilliant

If you look at the Tv in the top left of the picture. It’s clear as day that he’s logged into the oneBoro forum under the user name Humpty Confused

:D

The crux of point really, is what had Fletcher actually done to earn his place on the bench yesterday because he literally couldn't control the ball against Cardiff. That's not an exaggeration for anyone that wasn't there. He literally couldn't control the ball.

Agree. 

Bamford probably needs a decent run of games and a manager who wants him. It doesn't look like he's going to get that here, I agree that he isn't setting the world alight when he does play but he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip either.

I'm sure he'll be sold in January which will be our loss and someone else's gain. I just hope it isn't to a rival in our division. If we keep winning games then no one can complain I understand that, I just think with the right management he'll offer more than Fletcher.

The stats says that Bamford has actually had a fairer crack of the whip than Fletcher, yet Fletcher has still contributed a goal and now two assists in the league. Bamford has got nothing to show.

We've got a fairly large squad and their are only 16 outfield places available. With the sudden inclusion of Tavernier and the reinstatement of Leadbitter and Downing, it means that players that you would expect to be in the 18 aren't always going to get near it, we've seen this happen to Traore, Bamford, Clayton, Shotton, Fletcher, Johnson and Fry so far this season.

UweFuchsHe Wrote:

(2 hours ago)Borodane Wrote:

(2 hours ago)northern boro Wrote:

This is brilliant

If you look at the Tv in the top left of the picture. It’s clear as day that he’s logged into the oneBoro forum under the user name Humpty Confused

:D

The crux of point really, is what had Fletcher actually done to earn his place on the bench yesterday because he literally couldn't control the ball against Cardiff. That's not an exaggeration for anyone that wasn't there. He literally couldn't control the ball.

Fletcher was indeed garbage against Cardiff, probably his worst performance in a Boro shirt.

Monk obviously sees something in him in which he thinks is beneficial to him being in the squad. Might just be that his style of play is preferable to that of Bamford for Monk's plans.

Talk about stating the obvious Jim..!!

I want to know what he see's because, as a professional footballer he should be embarrassed by that Cardiff performance. To be frank his previous performances have not been much better. I'm just bewildered by it all. It makes me wonder whether Monk had a bit more of a vested interest in this transfer.

A more vested interest? Again Bamford has nothing to show for in 12 league outings while Fletcher do. They've both been given equal opportunities and the last time bamford contributed was 2,5 seasons ago. It's just the facts.

A more vested interest? Again Bamford has nothing to show for in 12 league outings while Fletcher do. They've both been given equal opportunities and the last time bamford contributed was 2,5 seasons ago. It's just the facts.

Facts can be misleading. Bamford was our best player for 3? Games in a row at the beginning of the season. When has Fletcher been our best player? Or even anything above mediocre?

Depends how far you wanna go with stats, Bamford has been pretty prolific in this division when hes had a run of games in the team. Thats also a fact.

Excellent win tonight, maybe things are starting to take shape. One swallow doesn’t make a summer, but two owls ..............

...mean you now give two hoots? :D 

Glad to see I am continuing to uphold my fine tradition of being hopeless at predicting scores.

I was right insofar as we didn't keep a clean sheet - very nice Hull goal tbf - but am very pleased with the quality we showed, both in attack and defensively. Back to back wins should give us some momentum to take into the Sunderland game...which ought to be a straightforward 3-pointer, but as ever with Boro, you just never know.

Need to take those points though, with a couple of tough fixtures against Leeds & Derby coming up.