oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City (a) 3-1 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Leadbitter (pen) )

Traore played a decence splitting pass from the centre in his last game Badger, you could argue his second assist against Bolton was from a central starting position aswell.

Braithwaite always drifts inside from the left to get on the ball anyway, so I'd leave him on the left, that way he will be ghosting into space, not already stood in it where he will be easier to mark. Just my opinion.

I wouldn’t play traore through the middle it seems difficult for him playing out wide it’d be much harder in the middle. Let’s make it easy for him until he’s fully firing

Really? Ibactuallly think it’s a lot more difficult for him on the wing. He will have to cover the full back and do some defensive work. If he plays as an AM he could have less responsibilities and just be tasked with getting the ball and running forward. He did that so well against Bournemouth bursting up through the middle on several occasions. Central midfielders aren’t always the quickest so he can just burst past them which is a bit more difficult against a quicker full back and opposing winger.

He was right mid on tue he just came inside a fair bit. Starting out wide means he can see everything ,what’s behind you is the touchline . If he sees a gap in midfield he can run into it. It’s a lot harder starting in midfield you have players behind you in front and either side And I wouldn’t play him behind the forward either. He looks best when he gets the ball around the half way line and he has plenty of space to run into.

But I would t play him as a CM. He needs to be further forward and receiving the ball at around the halfway line but more centrally against the slower players and without the defensive duties our wingers have because Christie and Fabio gets forward a lot.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to have solidity and a team mentality of being solid where everyone does their defensive jobs then I can't see how Traore can start, especially on a wing where we need the protection of a reliable player tracking back. At #10 would be less of a risky but I totally don't see him as having any sort of meaningful link up play from there. Traore is the ultimate managerial dilemma as he has great moments where he can win games but also has absolutely terrible moments so it's hard to fit him into a team that's organised and reliable. If Monk is emphasising the need for everyone in the team to be solid and do their defensive jobs - as I'm hoping he will be - then it will be hard to justify to the group him starting Traore.

We have actually been fairly solid considering we’ve conceded the second least amount of goals.

I was surprised when I saw the statistics of goals conceded and chances conceded as I expected it to be far worse. I think the amount of individual errors have been huge though so that massively concerns me. I know that memories are a dangerous barometer to judge these things but we seem to have conceded far more poor goals this season than the previous Championship years under Karanka. Dimi had a high proportion of individual mistakes but the defensive unit looked far more drilled and we looked far more comfortable than we do now.

Traore played a decence splitting pass from the centre in his last game Badger, you could argue his second assist against Bolton was from a central starting position aswell.

Braithwaite always drifts inside from the left to get on the ball anyway, so I'd leave him on the left, that way he will be ghosting into space, not already stood in it where he will be easier to mark. Just my opinion.

I wouldn’t play traore through the middle it seems difficult for him playing out wide it’d be much harder in the middle. Let’s make it easy for him until he’s fully firing

Really? Ibactuallly think it’s a lot more difficult for him on the wing. He will have to cover the full back and do some defensive work. If he plays as an AM he could have less responsibilities and just be tasked with getting the ball and running forward. He did that so well against Bournemouth bursting up through the middle on several occasions. Central midfielders aren’t always the quickest so he can just burst past them which is a bit more difficult against a quicker full back and opposing winger.

He was right mid on tue he just came inside a fair bit. Starting out wide means he can see everything ,what’s behind you is the touchline . If he sees a gap in midfield he can run into it. It’s a lot harder starting in midfield you have players behind you in front and either side And I wouldn’t play him behind the forward either. He looks best when he gets the ball around the half way line and he has plenty of space to run into.

But I would t play him as a CM. He needs to be further forward and receiving the ball at around the halfway line but more centrally against the slower players and without the defensive duties our wingers have because Christie and Fabio gets forward a lot.

You still need to be more intelligent /cute in a central role to get the ball if nothing else

If we're going to have solidity and a team mentality of being solid where everyone does their defensive jobs then I can't see how Traore can start, especially on a wing where we need the protection of a reliable player tracking back. At #10 would be less of a risky but I totally don't see him as having any sort of meaningful link up play from there. Traore is the ultimate managerial dilemma as he has great moments where he can win games but also has absolutely terrible moments so it's hard to fit him into a team that's organised and reliable. If Monk is emphasising the need for everyone in the team to be solid and do their defensive jobs - as I'm hoping he will be - then it will be hard to justify to the group him starting Traore.

We have actually been fairly solid considering we’ve conceded the second least amount of goals.

I was surprised when I saw the statistics of goals conceded and chances conceded as I expected it to be far worse. I think the amount of individual errors have been huge though so that massively concerns me. I know that memories are a dangerous barometer to judge these things but we seem to have conceded far more poor goals this season than the previous Championship years under Karanka. Dimi had a high proportion of individual mistakes but the defensive unit looked far more drilled and we looked comfortable than we do now.

I think you are certainly right about the mistakes. Sheffield are sitting first and 10 points ahead of us with same amount conceded and only scored 3 more goals. We have been somewhat unfortunate that all our goals conceded so far apart from against QPR have cost us a victory. Cut out the silly mistakes and we’d suddenly be a lot better off.

It would take some fantastic recruitment to sign a #10 as good as Ramirez. Even then for us to get a #10 of that quality they've most likely got the personality of a snake. Going into January a good quality #10 must surely be at the top of the list by far. 4-2-3-1 seems to be settled on so that leaves us bloated on strikers and CM's so I think we could offload a few of them to make room in the budget and team. I wouldn't be totally against loaning Fletcher out as he doesn't look good enough for the first team at the moment and needs game time to develop. Bamford doesn't seem to be liked by Monk so unfortunately he could be moved on. Gueudiora seems to have some personality issue based on him being nowhere near the team for 3 managers. He was a good quality Championship midfielder so something seems wrong with him.

I think traore would fit best in a 433. In that formation the 3 really have very little defensive responsibility, which would suit him, assombalonga and braithwaite down to the ground. My preference would be downing, Clayton and leadbitter as the three in the centre as it gives us more forward thrust than forshaw did last season, With friend and Christie providing the width.

I will be disappointed if we don't win here. Without Hernandez they seem to be relying heavily on Jarrod Bowen who tends to drift out wide on the right. In fact the main danger seems to come from the right side with Ola Aina who is an attacking full back. I'm not sure if Grosicki will be playing. He was substituted at half time against Forest and the reason their manager gave was he is suffering from fatigue and that is the reason for his recent disappointing displays. They played Fraizer Campbell up front last weekend but according to the Hull media, he is very unfit at the moment and struggles to last more than an hour before struggling. If our defence can hold out we will certainly get opportunities of our own as they play too high up the pitch. Because Aina and Jarrod are so attack minded, Dawson has to cover at right back and it leaves them very stretched at the back. I reckon there could be quite a few goals in this. 4-1 to Boro   

;)

I think traore would fit best in a 433. In that formation the 3 really have very little defensive responsibility, which would suit him, assombalonga and braithwaite down to the ground. My preference would be downing, Clayton and leadbitter as the three in the centre as it gives us more forward thrust than forshaw did last season, With friend and Christie providing the width.

I think on paper it sounds good but we started the season with the full backs providing the width, as oppose to supporting it like in previous seasons, and they’ve come up short. In particular Friend who I felt has been dropped based on this.

Perhaps starting with wingers/wide forwards (whatever you want to call them) like you’ve suggested in the positions either side of Britt, instead of literally playing 3 strikers as we seemed to do at the start of the season, might see that setup work.

Our away record 2/3/2 and 9/6

Their home record 3/1/3 and 20/11

They score a lot of goals at home and tend to either win or lose. We don't concede many.

Their recent home form 1/0/2 and 9/6

Our recent away form 1/2/0 and 5/3

They aren't doing so well and we're not losing.

Apparently their scoring stats are skewed by battering Birmingham 6-1. Take that out and things look different. Obviously. They also batter Bolton 4-0 at home.

I'm going 1-0 to us based on us having a much better defence than the 2 teams they battered.

The questions.

Has the win changed your view our are you still convinced we are doomed? Not changed my view but we're not doomed, although I think we will struggle to get anywhere near the top two.

Do we change the team or stick with the same XI? I still want Bamford in the team.

How good is Braithwaite?! Decent Championship player.

Score prediction? See above.

Clayton, forward thrust? Bit of an oxymoron.

I mean he did name Downing and Leadbitter too, but you just read the bits you want ;)

I mean he did name Downing and Leadbitter too, but you just read the bits you want ;)

More fun that way :)

I'd be tempted just to play the exact same team again. Maybe I'd put Johnson, Traore or Bamford at LW.

In the future I'd like to move Downing into the middle (where pace doesn't make as big an impact) and Braithwaite out to the Left, then bring in Traore as the Right Winger. If we can go on a bit of a run I'd be bringing in Clayton for Leadbitter, but at the moment Leadbitter's captaincy seems to be helping the team. Howson has turned a corner the last few games and his starting to look like the player I expected he would be.

I think continuity is the key for the rest of the season, momentum needs to be built, I've dialled down my expectations but think if we can make it into the top 6 as soon as possible then the summit is never too far off!

Going to go 2-3 win and Britt fgs.

Has the win changed your view our are you still convinced we are doomed? Never thought we were doomed but only that top-2 wasn't going to happen on the back of what we have witnessed so far, and it'll take a few good results and performances to change that. If we can become a more ruthless like at Reading we definately have a chance of gaining enough points on the current leaders.

Do we change the team or stick with the same XI? Said it previously and I'd only contemplate bringing Friend in for Fabio and try Traore in the middle instead of Tavernier and push Braithwaite out left. That said I can understand if Monk will want to keep a settled back 4. Tav may not deserve to be dropped but it's a another tough away game and a bit more experience might be better, but he does posses that youthful exuberance that is sometimes so important.

How good is Braithwaite?! Definately one of the most skillful players in the Championship and he offers us a lot going forward. Call on the ball, nice touches and a good eye for his team mates. Will be very influential for us. I'd like to see him try a few free kicks if we get any around the box. Has scored a few peaches for Toulouse.

Score prediction? Tough one. Hull score a lot at home so can see this being a 2-2 game. Frustrating game, but I'm not expecting us to go there and just win it.