oneBoro Forum

Football manager 2018

• 3 weeks later...

With Boro i finished 8th and won the league cup with more or less the same squad that got me promoted (with a few additions) Brought in a fair few quality players in the summer that suited my tactics more notable players include Serge Gnabry (on a free) and delofeu and managed to finish 17th only just avoiding relegation, go figure that one.

Assombalonga was an absolute beast and his value peaked at £45 Million, the tactic i creates scores a hell of a lot of goals, played one more season, played around with my tactic a little and perfected it, won the league the next year.

Currently on with my annual San Marino Challenge in 2020/2021 season siting 16th in Serie A after 3 back to back promotions, got a couple of nice Samminese players coming through my youth team that are already playing for the national team at the age of 17, going to take control of the national team at the end of this season.

It is a good one. Just finishing the 19/20 season and we're guaranteed Chamoions Leagur football with either a 3rd/4th finish.

Have had to change tactics much more frequently in this version, which is great. Won the Chanpo with an ultra attacking 4-2-2-2 / 4-2-4 system, which we played for most of 18/19 in the Prem and finished 9th with. Awful start to 19/20 had me change to a 5-3-2 with Wing Backs, which has been beast.

Assombalonga was awful for me... but he got an injury early in the Champo season and never really came back to full strength. Had Bobby Reid as a Fakse Nine alongside Braithwaite as a Complete Forward and they tore defences apart.

Michy Batshuayi is beast...

Anyone bought the touch version for tablet? If I’m buying t this year it will be that version as it’s supposed to be a lot quicker and I don’t mind missing out on the media and extra stuff that I don’t use anyway.

I haven't yet BD. I mainly played that one last year though - spent a lot of time travelling on trains, so it suited me down to the ground. Really enjoyed the Touch last year, so I imagine it'll be good again this year.

Nearing November 2020 on my save. 5th in the Prem and 2nd in our CL group; 3 points behind Dortmund and 5 ahead of M***ille and Fiorentina at the half way point of the Group Stage.

Have taken charge of England too. :D

International Management is definitely good fun SB, albeit England might be slightly easier than San Marino :D

Had around a week off playing the game but when i've gone back to it i've manged to get San Marino national team to qualify for the European championships via the playoffs, beating Macedonia and Ireland (both by very late goals), In the competition itself I beat Sweden 1-0 in the opening game but then went on to lose to Scotland and Belgium in close games. Before the tournament our world ranking was up to 85th.

As for San Marino Calcio (league team) managed to finish 5th in Serie A and qualifying for the champions league as Inter failed to meet FFP regulations.

In 2024 so 7 years in, got a lot of good youngsters, one of my best players has only just turned 16!

I think a lot of my success is down to the counter attacking tactic i have created, a flat 4-4-2 with two quick wingers and Tall, fairly pacey strikers, clearing the ball to the flanks and countering down the wings, hence the games i have been beaten they've been quite close.

If i'm searching for a goal i'll switch it up to an attacking 4-2-3-1 in the last 15-20 minutes to try snatch a goal.

If i've got time i'll upload some screenshots later.

I had a 15 year old RB come through the academy who had 2.5 stars current ability from day 1. Good old Boro academy!

I haven't played for a few days; our CL ended in the first Round Knockout when we lost 2-0 to Barca at the Riverside then they nabbed a goal in the 89th minute as we beat them 2-1 at the Nou Camp. Ended 6th in the league though, so no European football for us next season.

Tempted to start a new game with low Rep and a non league side.

I love bringing youth through the academy, brings an extra element to the game rather than just going out and buying top players, quite often i'll scout around for good 17-19 year olds, develop them and sell them on for big profits.

One of my regens (gk) is currently out on loan at R. Madrid, was going to put him in my team but i'm getting £2m for the loan so it can wait another year. Similair situation with a winger i have, loaning them out to teams in my league means i can bring in a nice profit.

Last season managed to sell a guy i got on a free transfer a couple of years back to Man utd. for £20m plus causes.

Interestingly my owners sold up so i have a new chairman and we've just completed moving to a brand new stadium. 16,000 all seater rather than the 5,500 capacity one we had been playing in previously, exciting times ahead!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought this in the winter sale. Currently top of the league with Bamford and Johnson top scorers.

I play a 424 wide with Baker and Howsen in the 2, Johnson Bamford Assombalonga and Traore the front 4. Braithwaite was out for 6 weeks when I loaded in then got injured again playing for the u23 when he was getting match fit.