oneBoro Forum

Football manager 2018

So I finally caved and picked it up, and boy am I hooked again, I knew I would be, sigh.

I put in the transfer thread as a joke but I actually have got 4 strikers all with 10 goals or more, 19 (Mayoral),17 (Gestede), 14 (Britt) and 11 (Bamford) with Braithwaite just behind.

My actual best thing though is a youth player I found at the start of the season. French kid, guess the game auto generates a bunch and I picked up a few very highly rated youths, but this dude is just nuts.

It's January 17th in game as I type. He has played in 44 games already, and scored 48 (FORTY EIGHT) goals to go with 21 assists. What the frigging hell even is that ffs, 48&21 in 44 games, I genuinely can't get my head around it.

• 4 months later...

Anyone still playing this? Picked it up on the cheap for world cup season and I have had 8 first team injuries in the first 6 days, I've not even played a friendly yet!!

Anyone still playing this? Picked it up on the cheap for world cup season and I have had 8 first team injuries in the first 6 days, I've not even played a friendly yet!!

I just bought it but when I loaded it up the player values looked so off that I didn't bother playing it.  £15m for Howson?  £13.75m for Barragan  :omg:  I figured if even that was so unrealistic then the rest of it couldn't be much better   :)

I just bought it but when I loaded it up the player values looked so off that I didn't bother playing it.  £15m for Howson?  £13.75m for Barragan  :omg:  I figured if even that was so unrealistic then the rest of it couldn't be much better   :)

Noticed that too! Unsure how it's supposed to be possible to buy anyone decent with those values!

I haven't spent a great deal of time on 2017 or 2018. The scouting has gotten more complicated and less responsive. Plus my last 2016 save was huge, most I've put into FM in about 10 years of playing and I'm considering going back to that instead.