• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

One other observation from today, why do we kick to the South stand first when the sun is so low in the sky? Or rather defend with the sun in our eyes.

It might sound trivial but it almost cost us a goal today with Randolph struggling to see the ball.

One other observation from today, why do we kick to the South stand first when the sun is so low in the sky? Or rather defend with the sun in our eyes.

It might sound trivial but it almost cost us a goal today with Randolph struggling to see the ball.

Yeah, he really should have put that cap on. He was making me nervous with him being effectively blind

We’ve always kicked towards the north stand second half for the support but as most support now comes from the south shouldnt we swap round

As others have said, Monk needs some credit for the last 3 wins. He went back to basics, picked more steady eddy dependable players and has got results. I'm hoping/expecting that with some new found confidence in the squad 1 of the more attacking players finds a way back in and we start really showing teams why we have the best squad in the league.

The most important thing about today was the 3 points, a scrappy game that I thought lacked a bit of quality. Great to see Ayala resembling something of the defender of 2 years ago solid as a rock, I thought Johnny Howson got stuck in all over the pitch, Braithwaite looks so comfortable with the ball quality signing.

By giving the ball away time and time again, and sitting far too deep we allowed Sunderland into it,so made it a lot harder than it should have been. Monk's substitutions, taking your top scorer off when only 1-0 up and replacing him with Fletcher wrong decision for me, and we needed an outlet so Traore with his pace should have been on instead of Johnson to give Sunderland something to think about, but its 3 wins in a row so that'll do me.

Britt needs to be taken off around 70 minutes most games. His game is very physical and he runs himself ragged, carrying all the muscle he does means he'll tire much faster that others.

Yeah, he really should have put that cap on. He was making me nervous with him being effectively blind

Thing is, wearing a cap in goal pretty much shuts off your peripheral vision and makes it much, much harder to deal with crosses.

As for the stupid commentators saying "well he turned up to the stadium wearing a cap" it's a bit different when you're doing the thing you're being paid for!

well sorry for the rudeness everyone. had a moment there, no personal attacks intended, just a moment of weakness from me.

football has become more important to me as an outlet to feel good for a change. it has been for a while, due to the real life issues i'm faced with.

after a great derby win, i would expect rally calls and the board to be full of cheer and hope. but no its full of negatives and it annoyed me.

i think perspective is needed regarding the result and performances. to many of us are looking into things negatively. if you apply the same negative way to Sunderland's performance, the same people would be saying they deserved to get hammered and didnt deserve to get anything and boro could easily have won by 3 or 4.

I think frankly its Gibsons ill advised comment about wanting to smash the league that raised the expectation beyond belief along with the money we have spent and he really has nobody else to blame for that. 

Having said that im delighted with a derby win today and even the people who are saying it wasn't our best performance are, but i can honestly see where some of the fans are coming from with their constructive criticism. If you look at it reading really wasn't convincing but was important win, hull was convincing but having dominated majority of the game, we almost let them back in it in a period of that game and today we backed off and off in the last 5 which is dangerous if wed of made a defensive mistake (which weve done so many times this season) wed of chucked away 2 points.      

What im trying to say is we have had a little bit of luck which weve deserved since we have not really had any since the start of the season. However i dont think our last 3 results are a reflection of how weve played but we could use this confidence to get better performances out of this squad.

We’ve always kicked towards the north stand second half for the support but as most support now comes from the south shouldnt we swap round

Yeah I think so for that reason as well.

Haven't had a chance to read through all the posts but i get the feeling there are mixed views on the game. Pre match i posted my thoughts on here that i thought Sunderland had been playing a lot better than their results suggested. I thought it would be a difficult game and there wouldn't be a lot in it and i was hoping we might nick the 3 points but was far from confident. Well having watched the game i actually though we played fairly well and overall i was more impressed by this display than those against Reading and Hull. Ayala got my man of the match though i was impressed by all of the back four as i did expect Sunderland to score today so a clean sheet is a major positive for me. Did we deserve to win? Absolutely. At times i thought we passed the ball about really well especially early in the second half. A second goal would have been nice but i'm not complaining. Really pleased for Tavenier to get his first league goal hopefully the first of many. I still think that if we continue to play at this level then we will get promoted.

I saw the fella walking around with the cap so I assumed he'd asked for one but like one of the lads I was sat with said, he's a keeper, they can be a bit superstitious at times. When he'd made the saves he had done already with the sun in his eyes (if you take away the parry from the original effort by Ndong), he could have simply been thinking what's the point in the cap?

I think he said something to the effect he doesn't like them in general in the post-match interview anyway, mind.

I saw the fella walking around with the cap so I assumed he'd asked for one but like one of the lads I was sat with said, he's a keeper, they can be a bit superstitious at times. When he'd made the saves he had done already with the sun in his eyes (if you take away the parry from the original effort by Ndong), he could have simply been thinking what's the point in the cap?

I think he said something to the effect he doesn't like them in general in the post-match interview anyway, mind.

yeah he 100% signalled to the bench for one after waving his arm and then miming the motion of putting one on, not to sure why seen as like you said he stated he doesnt like to wear them.

The sun was still across half of the goal for nearly 10 minutes after the cap was brought round, maybe he didnt want to ruin his barnet.